Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » it crashes and i can't understand
it crashes and i can't understand [message #69823] Sun, 01 December 2013 01:29 Go to next message
dawkun is currently offline  dawkun
Hi, I am 20yo guy from Poland and I love Fable TLC. I finished it about 15-20 times... cause i liked to install it every 6-12months and play 2-3 times.

Now It's much much too easy for me and there are no secrects... i know everything, everystep, what would happen if etc.

So i'd like to play with mods
I downloaded ShadowNet but it doesn't work i uploaded some fmp files and game crashes when i for example tried to open a box

btw i use STEAM version now - i bought complete Fable1 + Fable3 with extras

The questions are:
- is there any BIG PATCH to fable tlc that changes much things? like a file that contains a lot of mods inside and you just click and it works! Very Happy
- some new weapons/skills
- some way to make a perfect hero (i always tried but i couldn't... if i were GOOD i couldn't have MAXED evil skills, maybe any mod that repairs that)
- some HARD DIFFicult mod - more monsters, more hp for them?
- maybe alternative fable - new locactions new missions, or transefting fable1 to fable2 - i have never tried fable2... i will never buy xbox because of 1 game

Thank you,
David
Re: it crashes and i can't understand [message #69824 is a reply to message #69823] Sun, 01 December 2013 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

We really can't help you out if you aren't more detailed with what happens. When it crashes, is there an error message? What does it say?

Still, since you're using the Steam version, I'd recommend you look here.

As for a big mod that changes a bunch of crap... It's been tried, but the only thing that comes close is Morerunes' "The New World" mod. The problem is, that mod is rather glitchy due to the various maps that have been merged together.

New weapons, check the Objects section. New skills, can't be done.

Pretty sure there's some mod that removes or reduces the alignment requirements for certain spell levels. Just try searching.

For more difficulty... There's at least one mod for that, can't say whether or not it's any good.

And it's impossible to make new locations or new quests, and we can't turn TLC into Fable 2. However, it may be possible to turn Fable III into Fable 2, but that's kinda advanced stuff. For more info on that, I'd say contact Keshire on Fable3Mod. No guarantee that upon conversion, the game would work, mind you.

Anywho, welcome to the site. I hope that all goes well for you. Be sure to check the last link in my signature for more information on modding.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.

[Updated on: Sun, 01 December 2013 04:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: it crashes and i can't understand [message #69825 is a reply to message #69824] Sun, 01 December 2013 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CultOfByron is currently offline  CultOfByron
asmcint wrote on Sun, 01 December 2013 04:10

And it's impossible to make new locations or new quests, and we can't turn TLC into Fable 2. However, it may be possible to turn Fable III into Fable 2, but that's kinda advanced stuff. For more info on that, I'd say contact Keshire on Fable3Mod. No guarantee that upon conversion, the game would work, mind you.

Well that certainly caught my attention... Exactly how possible do you think this is? I understand that II and III were based on the same iteration of the FablEd engine (with a few minor differences) so I can see how this might work in theory.

However, back to TLC; I wonder if the upcoming Anniversary will enable some light to be shed on some of the file formats that are currently a problem.

Apologies to the OP, I have no further info regarding the problems you're experiencing.
Re: it crashes and i can't understand [message #69827 is a reply to message #69825] Sun, 01 December 2013 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Well, to quote Keshire...

Quote:

Maybe? We can extract the bank's and recompile them all. But that's only part of the problem. I don't know the extent of any changes they've made to any of the other file formats. Then there's the issue of the scripts. The LUA number and addons are completely different. Fable 2 didn't use KoreVM. It's anybody's guess if it will even recognize them.

Best case is that the game will crash. Worse case, it burns down your home and kills your cat.

That being said, I'm looking at it optimistically.

Also, I doubt Anniversary will do much to shed light on file formats, as it's going to be a 360 exclusive, and there's really not much enthusiasm for modding XBOX games due to the need to jtag your XBOX.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: it crashes and i can't understand [message #69830 is a reply to message #69823] Fri, 06 December 2013 00:04 Go to previous message
Swanky_e
actually i am working on a mod that in theory will make the game alot more challenging, i used FableExplorer and went to CREATURE section and i found different enemies like bantids and gave them tripple the health and swaped their modles, so for example i made a bandit leader look like the granny from rose cottage and changed its attack style to ASSASIN and gave it a master Katana. iv also simply edited the enemy spawns so that thiers moded strong bandits and also 4 wardog minions and 2 sumoner.

and i also beat the game about 20 times its really an amazing game an id go as far to say its the most emersive emotionaly attaching rpg game of all time the only game that i have felt the same attachment is the Orcarina of Time.

,plus fable in my opinion has really cool looking combat animation u realy feel cool wen u fight in fable cuz ur character moves perfectly...... but combat gets boring if ur good at fable or if you max out your stats, thats why i made the game bloody hard so that combat would be more exiteing an u actually have to try as hard as you can not to die every time you fight a new spawn group ,i also made mini-boss characters that spawn in a random-like order thies"mini-bosses" have about 6 to 8 thousand health points to put it into prespective the minion wardogs that work for jackof blades have about 300 health each. when mini bosses spawn im my game they show up alone so that u can have a draged out fight that pushes u to your limit, a perticular mini boss i made killed me in one 4 hit combo so u have to be on guard all the time, i also gave them weapons that can do damage in the 300's. the game is so much more fun now it really reborn my love for fable.

other than the difficulty im working on adding shields to fable so that u can use more strategy in fights , i tried to spwap animations for the Heroes block animation with Thunders block animation but my game crashed bad, thunder and nostro are the only dudes that use shields in fable so im guna try to use wat they have as a base to make a shield mod i think wat i did wrong was i didnt properly change the block animation but who knows?. ill try to post a mod that makes the game much much more dificult before Chrismas! :)good luck moding !

____________________________________________________________ _____

iv thout alot about moding fable three to make it more like fable 2 i think its very possible sense the game ingine looks almost the same and areas like bower lake and bowerstone almost seem like they used the fable 2 versions and just expanded the scale and made it higher res. i think it would be cool to change the main character of fable three and swap him with the hero of bower lake from fable 2 or make him a playble character that u could switch too? i mean fable 2 did alot of things right in my opinion like the characters runing animations and animations in general seemed much more detailed in fable 2 than 3, also som animations like f3s combat poses were way exagerated an unrealistic were as in f2 the hero stads with legs slitely apart and bent and weapon drawn an raised an wen u walk u hold it to ur side witch looks very cool.

i think if u want to bring fable 2 into fable 3 it makes more sense to bring in small things like characters an the main hero , weapons, armor ,cloths, enemies. if u try to export full locations and reagions its prally going to be alot more difficult i think and the graphics would look obviously different from the higher res fable3 regions. i think there would have to be a chocolatebox-like app for fable 3 so u could just remake the fable 2 locations that dont show up in fable3

and this may sound stupid but why dont we just ask lion-head to help the modding comunity?, like maybe they could give us software they used for both games an make a makeshift modding tool i mean do they even look at this site ever?, althow i do suspect some of the old members on here may be form the fable dev team ,it would not suprise me but if that was true thier prally would better less buggy tools than chocolate box ect.

seriously why make fable aniversary for when fable pc gamers are the only ones still playing it ? id be disapionted if it was all for the money Sad

Posts merged, please do not double post.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 December 2013 17:20]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Dragon Born Helmet
Next Topic: [Weapon]Arrow trail look
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:34:18 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01415 seconds