Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Shadownet: Mods Do Not Appear to Work
Shadownet: Mods Do Not Appear to Work [message #70763] Fri, 17 October 2014 18:08 Go to next message
windclan is currently offline  windclan
Picked up the game from Steam a while back and just got around to playing it. Managed to get Fable Explorer Shadownet working after a few tries but neither of the mods I tried seem to work. Only tried one at a time of course.

Free Level Ups
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=8780& ;start=0&

Super XP/Renown Beetles
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=8015& ;start=0&

I don't receive any error messages or crashing from either the game or the explorer. They just do not appear to take effect.

My understanding of the guide I was using to figure out how to install mods led me to go like this:

Open the Explorer
Load Fable Mod Package
Save Mods and Run Fable

Hopefully someone can nudge me in the right direction.
Re: Shadownet: Mods Do Not Appear to Work [message #70766 is a reply to message #70763] Sun, 19 October 2014 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quite a lot of views...nobody has any ideas or advice though?
Re: Shadownet: Mods Do Not Appear to Work [message #70770 is a reply to message #70766] Sat, 25 October 2014 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Sounds like a possible Vista or Win7 issue, look in the tutorial section for how to mod with Vista. I am not sure that's it, or even if that's it, whether Steam works the same way. Specifically learn about Virtual Store, that may be causing the problem. If that isn't it, or you need more help, wait a few days for one of the Steam modders to get online and offer better info.
Good luck.

Re: Shadownet: Mods Do Not Appear to Work [message #70771 is a reply to message #70763] Sat, 25 October 2014 17:37 Go to previous message
Looks like that might be it. Even though some of the things the tutorial said to delete after removing the game weren't there I'm still going to carry on with what it says to do, can't hurt to try Smile
Previous Topic: help
Next Topic: Custom temples?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:14:38 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01193 seconds