Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » recolour
recolour [message #15895] Sat, 13 January 2007 07:42 Go to next message
fable24man is currently offline  fable24man
i would like to start to make so stuff for the site so can some one tell me how to recolour stuff like armor and weapons
and like a step buy step plan and

im trying to make dark and bright plantim armor so plz help me i have the colours for the bright ready but i dont know how to make it work it crash's when i put on the suit plz help i would like to help plz Very Happy Sad Confused Embarassed
Re: recolour [message #15896 is a reply to message #15895] Sat, 13 January 2007 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deadisdeath is currently offline  deadisdeath
Ok i know you said you already have the colours but im going to walk you through step by step any way ok....
Re-texturing tutorial............ p.s make a texture backup file.

Step 1-Ok (im sure youve already done this but owell) you need to download fable explorer from this can be found in the wiki.

step 2-Ok open up FE and youll be given a list of the files in fable tlc now then open up textures.big from the top...now another list comes up this is all the textures in the game Ok now pick the one you want to change and open it..now click on save as and save it somwhere youll remeber.

step 3- Now open up your picture in paint or gimp or something and well re-texture it(simple eh)

step 4- Ok go back into FE and go to the texture you retextured Confused and click on open new and select your retetured picture and click ok then put the alpha to 0 and aply changes.Then save mods and run fable.Walla

Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space.
Space monkey!
Ready to sacrifice himself for the greater good.
Re: recolour [message #15897 is a reply to message #15896] Sat, 13 January 2007 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fable24man is currently offline  fable24man
ok ill try it thanks

end post

[Updated on: Sat, 13 January 2007 13:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: recolour [message #15908 is a reply to message #15897] Sat, 13 January 2007 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Very often the problem is that you have to import most textures as DXT1, and you've got to set the alpha to 0 (except for aplha enabled textures) or the game will crash.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Sun, 14 January 2007 04:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: recolour [message #15914 is a reply to message #15895] Sun, 14 January 2007 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn i forgot to mention about DXT1 i just thought most people would click it since its the top one in the list of them...ye its a lame excuse but owell... Very Happy

Space monkey!
Re: recolour [message #15938 is a reply to message #15895] Mon, 15 January 2007 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kain is currently offline  Kain

what is a aplha enabled texture?

my life is hard:

Im German.
Re: recolour [message #15939 is a reply to message #15895] Mon, 15 January 2007 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
Alpha enabled textures are textures with transparency.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: recolour [message #15941 is a reply to message #15895] Mon, 15 January 2007 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

how can i make "new" clothes?
i want to make my recoloured clothes as a stand alone set, and not as a replacement. can i make this or is it not possible?

my life is hard:

Im German.
Re: recolour [message #15942 is a reply to message #15895] Mon, 15 January 2007 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im pretty sure the wiki tells you how to do this..well have a look in the wiki (its in top right hand side of your screen) and if that doesnt help you just tell me and ill walk you through it Smile

Space monkey!
Re: recolour [message #15943 is a reply to message #15895] Mon, 15 January 2007 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

ok, thanks for your help^^

i will look at it tomorrow, and maybe i will be able to host my first recoloured assasine dress here.

i hope it will good (for a good character, i like the design, but its too dark)

my life is hard:

Im German.
Re: recolour [message #16235 is a reply to message #15942] Sun, 28 January 2007 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vissroid is currently offline  vissroid
I'd like to hear about the walthrough. Im making a suit myself that involves model pieces from dif' suit types adn and like to make them sepperate from the originals so they can be mine specificly.

Very Happy

I'll even show it off when its finished.

====

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics...
Even if you win...
You're still retarded...

prints: http://vissroid.deviantart.com/store/
Re: recolour [message #16236 is a reply to message #16235] Sun, 28 January 2007 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcopolo is currently offline  Marcopolo

try the wiki

There once was a member of this land,
a humorous posting he planned,
but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
and now he has found himself banned.
Re: recolour [message #16237 is a reply to message #16236] Sun, 28 January 2007 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried but the closest i got to that was waaaay to confusing to understand if it was event he right thing to do.

====

Even if you win...
You're still retarded...

Re: recolour [message #16257 is a reply to message #15895] Mon, 29 January 2007 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It cant be that confusing most other people learn how to from the wiki but if you realy cant understand it use the search button you may find something.

Space monkey!
Re: recolour [message #16295 is a reply to message #16257] Mon, 29 January 2007 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Razz k. well I guess I'll figure it out some how. I was just following by how the other guy did it and you said if in need of help you'd give a walkthrough of it and I was takin up the offer if it didnt mind. lol Very Happy

====

Even if you win...
You're still retarded...

Re: recolour [message #16399 is a reply to message #15895] Fri, 02 February 2007 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh crap sorry i get it now duh Embarassed you wanted the walkthrough man am i dumb ah well if you still want it ill be happy to write you one... sorry man.

Space monkey!
Re: recolour [message #16405 is a reply to message #16399] Fri, 02 February 2007 19:43 Go to previous message
lol!

Surething. as long as its not too hard for you to write up. Smile lol

====

Even if you win...
You're still retarded...

Previous Topic: Mod-Help-Quick-Plz!
Next Topic: Exporting from Fable Explorer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:17:37 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01079 seconds