Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Packages » New Item Pack v2  () 1 Vote
New Item Pack v2 [message #31475] Thu, 11 October 2007 13:36 Go to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Newer version of this mod available here

Ok folks, here's the final version of NewItemPackV2.

Edit: Also download the Patch that's attached -> it adds 3 missing weapons. Currently for the trader version only.

Note 1
This should work fine, I've tested it on a clean install several times, no errors.
As I've tested this on a clean install, I can't guarantee how this works on files that have been modded - although I think it'll work.

Note 2
Of course failure to read the readme.txt is not my problem - so read it!
It's important because I had to split the fmp into 3 seperate ones, and you have to load them in the correct order.

Note 3
However: should you get any errors while loading this mod in Fable Explorer, don't save, but exit and try again.

Note 4
This mod was supposed to be a lot larger. I had about an extra 15 weapons, 7 expressions, 5 clothing pieces and 10 potions included in this mod.
It was all fixed up and ready to go. However, Fable Explorer didn't like the 8 mb fmp. It just didn't want to do load it.
Stuff that I left out

About the mod

-> Both mods can be used no matter if you have or have not used the FreeRoam App.

-> Readme with instructions is included in the zip-file.

-> 'NewItemPackv2_Trader' Adds a Trader to the game who can sell you the new items.

-> 'NewItemPackv2_Chest' Adds a chest to the game with all the new items in it.

-> I've changed the location of the trader/chest to the lookoutpoint, see picture below.

-> The trader version has a chest included with 4 items in it. I had to do this because else the game would crash. However; you can only open the chest with a special key - which the trader can sell you.

-> If you want to be able to undo the mod: make backups!

CREDITS and INDEX:

CLOTHING:

new # BlindFold, by Bluetooth and OldBoy

new # Balverine Hat, by Bluetooth and OldBoy

# Buetooth Suits (wip), by Bluetooth

# JoB Outfit(BETA), by crazybunny

# Fire Assassin Hat, by Bluetooth

# Darth Nihilus Mask, by Bluetooth

# Seperated Assassin Mask, by Bluetooth

WEAPONS:

new # Amber Weapon Pack, by Marcopolo

new # Beer Tankard, by OldBoy

new # Torch, by OldBoy

new # Chair, by OldBoy

new # Bottle, by OldBoy

new # Summoner Blade, by Marcopolo

new # Dawnfang, by Marcopolo

new # Burka Bata, by Tsuyu

# GunBlade, by fable24man

# Duskfang, by Marcopolo

# Staff Set, by Sean_S

# Avalanche, by Marcopolo

# Nerveshatter, by Marcopolo

# Keshire Sickle, by Bluetooth

# Kukri Knife, by OldBoy

# Keshire Katana, by Bluetooth

# OldBoy's Broken Sword, by OldBoy

# Bluetooth Arquebus, by Bluetooth

# Keshire Gnarled Mace, by Bluetooth and OldBoy

# Madness Axe, by Marcopolo

# Madness Longsword, by Marcopolo

MISCELLANEOUS:

new #Larger Inventory Mod, by the2ndbestman

# Staff Animations, by Bluetooth

# Sellable Stick, by Bluetooth

# Scripted Shopkeeper, by Bluetooth and Sean_S

Notes:

#If any of the creaters of the included mods don't want their mod(s) included, pm me.

#If you think your new item (maybe other types of items; books, potions etc.) needs to be included, pm me.

Bluetooth and Silverback: For pointing out the
fableexplorer.exe -fc 1.fmp 2.fmp out.fmp

Hunter: For Fable Explorer and time&patience @ IRC

Marcopolo: For slapping Hunter with a large trout

Satan: For sharing his thoughts on the problems with v2beta

Pe Ell: For FableTLCmod.com

[Updated on: Sat, 28 February 2009 05:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #31479 is a reply to message #31475] Thu, 11 October 2007 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nicdude is currently offline  Nicdude
this mod works great.

I'm awesome,not conceited.But you can call me Kris

[Updated on: Thu, 11 October 2007 17:13]

Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #31508 is a reply to message #31475] Thu, 11 October 2007 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sepheroth479 is currently offline  sepheroth479

Works perfect for me Very Happy
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #31517 is a reply to message #31508] Thu, 11 October 2007 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

sepheroth479 wrote on Fri, 12 October 2007 00:09

Works perfect for me Very Happy

Nice to hear it does!

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #31530 is a reply to message #31475] Thu, 11 October 2007 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nesdude is currently offline  Nesdude
Mine's modded and works fine. The old version made it crash.
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #31531 is a reply to message #31530] Thu, 11 October 2007 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Nesdude wrote on Fri, 12 October 2007 01:22

Mine's modded and works fine. The old version made it crash.

So this version does work? If so, please change your first reply, or people will be scared of using this mod...

this is not an exit.
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #31536 is a reply to message #31475] Thu, 11 October 2007 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sean_s is currently offline  Sean_s
I'll just add to it and say it loaded fine for me to.

New? Or looking for information? Look here before posting.
Help the community by adding this to your sig!

Assistant for Conquest
By the way, call me Searyan
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #31609 is a reply to message #31475] Fri, 12 October 2007 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Astaroth is currently offline  Astaroth
unfortunatly dosnt work for me Crying or Very Sad everytime i click "save mods and run fable" FE just freezes. the mod loads but when i load them FE wont open Fable btw incase your wondering i did try a clean install
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #31612 is a reply to message #31609] Fri, 12 October 2007 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NEOCHIKEN is currently offline  NEOCHIKEN
hehe very funny i got the beta to work but this one isnt working for me oh well i guess i lose out on 2 weapons Laughing

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2309/cloudstrifesigle5.png
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #31615 is a reply to message #31609] Fri, 12 October 2007 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sean_s is currently offline  Sean_s
Astaroth wrote on Fri, 12 October 2007 14:23

unfortunatly dosnt work for me Crying or Very Sad everytime i click "save mods and run fable" FE just freezes. the mod loads but when i load them FE wont open Fable btw incase your wondering i did try a clean install

It's a large mod, so it takes a long time for FE to make the changes to the Fable files. Just wait a little while and it'll get done eventually, it just seems everything is freezing up but in reality it's working. So just wait.

New? Or looking for information? Look here before posting.
Help the community by adding this to your sig!

Assistant for Conquest
By the way, call me Searyan
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #31632 is a reply to message #31615] Fri, 12 October 2007 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
finally got it to work and this time MY GAME DOESNT CRASH EVERY HALF HOUR!

Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #31637 is a reply to message #31475] Fri, 12 October 2007 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

sweet! glad you figured it out.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #34263 is a reply to message #31637] Sun, 18 November 2007 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sgtd34d is currently offline  sgtd34d

Awesome mod. Fable crashes every time I go to 'sell' and put my cursor over Assassin Bandana, though.
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #34277 is a reply to message #34263] Sun, 18 November 2007 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

sgtd34d wrote on Sun, 18 November 2007 11:52

Awesome mod. Fable crashes every time I go to 'sell' and put my cursor over Assassin Bandana, though.

Didn't test selling the items... Guess you'll have to go around it in the menu Wink

Thanks for letting me/other members know though Razz

this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Sat, 24 November 2007 04:49]

Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #34371 is a reply to message #34277] Mon, 19 November 2007 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CJRoute88 is currently offline  CJRoute88
All hail the Fable master, OldBoy Thumbs Up

Go Dallas Cowboys. Romo Rules!
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #34678 is a reply to message #31475] Thu, 29 November 2007 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Moddex is currently offline  Moddex

Fable just locks up entirely whenever I enter the hero's guild for some reason when I have these mods. Happened with ver.1 as well. I don't know why, but my copy of fable, these mods, and the hero's guild just aren't getting along at all. System locks up so bad, I have to cold reboot the machine manually. My entire computer becomes non-responsive because of it. And to answer the easy and obvious; yes, I have added these mods only when the files were freshly installed with no previous mod history.

(Waits for no helpful response.)
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #34687 is a reply to message #34678] Fri, 30 November 2007 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

That's pretty nasty. And no, I'm not able to give you a helpfull response.
My computer broke down a month ago (a short circuit in my laptop, there was smoke coming from it Crying or Very Sad ), and now I work on an old laptop (p4 2ghz, 256mb memory, 32mb graphics card) - and Fable refuses to run on it.

Strange though, over 900 downloads, and you're the first to report this problem...

this is not an exit.
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #34688 is a reply to message #31475] Fri, 30 November 2007 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

could be not enough processing power Confused

edit: probably not though, if that was the case it would just slow down a whole lot

[Updated on: Fri, 30 November 2007 04:24]

Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #34690 is a reply to message #34688] Fri, 30 November 2007 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

It's the crappy graphics card.

this is not an exit.
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #34691 is a reply to message #31475] Fri, 30 November 2007 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

I meant the crashing Wink

Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #34784 is a reply to message #31475] Sun, 02 December 2007 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

It may be my computer itself though. HP cheated me when they sent me a 2005 computer. Gave me a machine with no functioning graphics card so I've had to run on an onboard media card from 2002 and just 504MB of SDRAM. (It was originally suppose to be 512, but I think the parts are aging...)
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #34787 is a reply to message #31475] Sun, 02 December 2007 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

wow! Laughing

You really got ripped off then!

Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #34826 is a reply to message #31475] Sun, 02 December 2007 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

But could this really be why it's not working for me? I mean, I've seen people run Fable TLC like it's a joke on even cruddier machines. It just doesn't add up. Oh well regardless, I can't run Fable with the mods built in.

Oh and another curious thing. When I try to add the chest, I get this error message saying the files are protected memory or some such nonsense and they can't be edited.
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #34827 is a reply to message #31475] Sun, 02 December 2007 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

that could be your problem then, but the people who have terrible looking screenshots only have bad video cards Very Happy

Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #34828 is a reply to message #34826] Sun, 02 December 2007 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
If the files are protected memory, they may be read-only. If that's the case, all you have to do is right-click your Fable folder, click properties, then click the read-only box.
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #34829 is a reply to message #31475] Sun, 02 December 2007 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

That's the thing that vexes me though. I've checked all of the files and as I would suspect, none were under write protection, like they should be. It sounds to me like a type of glitch perhaps in FE or something. After all, FE is great, but there's no such thing as a flawless program.
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #34830 is a reply to message #31475] Sun, 02 December 2007 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

FE is anything but flawless, but it gets the job done, and I am glad it exists, otherwise everyone would need a hex editor Surprised

Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #34832 is a reply to message #31475] Sun, 02 December 2007 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Praise FE. Heck, I simply can't read hex. Oh well, I'll just have to learn to live with my problems. Rolling Eyes
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #34833 is a reply to message #31475] Sun, 02 December 2007 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

make sure you are running only one copy of FE, not running fable, and no other program is using the files. If all else fails, restart your computer and try again

also you could try the fable registry editor Confused

maybe your files arent being found.

[Updated on: Sun, 02 December 2007 20:38]

Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #35969 is a reply to message #31475] Wed, 26 December 2007 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pchefkent is currently offline  pchefkent
Hi, I just downloaded and installed the new item pack v2 final version and everything is peachy with one exception, the trader is missing. I checked the files with FE and the trader seems to have been installed(there is a new entry in the creature section), but he does not seem to spawn. The chest is unlocked and contains all the items. I actually changed some of the values already to my general level of play. I was just wondering if the fact that I have several mods running and well as having changed some stuff already have affected the install. I have the weapon and clothing chest mod which is in the same cell. Could this have affected it? Thanks.
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #35971 is a reply to message #35969] Wed, 26 December 2007 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Seems to me you've installed the chest version - which doesn't actually spawn the trader (although it does contain game.bin entry for it). Because if you would've installed the trader version, the chest would be locked...

If you do want the trader version, you can do two things:

1. Try to load the trader version over the chest version, but FE probabaly will throw an error at you, but you can try anyway (don't save if you get an error!)

2. But back the original game files, and install the trader version.

this is not an exit.
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #36026 is a reply to message #31475] Wed, 26 December 2007 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pchefkent is currently offline  pchefkent
Hello again, I decided to keep the chest version to avoid screwing up my files since I have a bad habit of not backing up my game files. Not a good idea I know, I had to reload some of the games that I moded in the past like morrowind and oblivion. Maybe its time I did so. I noticed though that the Gnarled Mace is missing, is it only with the trader? Also any tip on how to back up my game files specifically for Fable. If this post does not belong here please let me know. Thanks
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #47330 is a reply to message #31475] Mon, 17 November 2008 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Starkiller is currently offline  Starkiller
good mod i like the blindfold Very Happy
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #47347 is a reply to message #47330] Tue, 18 November 2008 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This topic is almost a year old pls don't ressurect it to say something stupid like "cool" or "good mod i like the blindfold Very Happy " and it's just about too late to add relevant info too
Let me R.I.P.

[Updated on: Mon, 01 December 2008 18:15] by Moderator

Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #47541 is a reply to message #31475] Mon, 24 November 2008 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
padfoota is currently offline  padfoota
Ok im resurrecting this post by a way that maybe you will be angry >">
so i used FE to install this mod.
Problem is, i cannot find the ID numbers for these items...maybe im a noob
i heard that the object numbers will be above 14700 or something
is there a possible way to find the numbers?
I searched through FE and could not find anything over 9000

edit: wait i actually found them....they are scattered all over objectDef..

[Updated on: Mon, 24 November 2008 03:28]

Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #47542 is a reply to message #31475] Mon, 24 November 2008 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
padfoota is currently offline  padfoota
i found the keshire katana at 14857 at CActionUseDef but thats just action...
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #47543 is a reply to message #47542] Mon, 24 November 2008 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

You'll find them all at the TOP of OBJECTS.

Near the top. After the troll_gem is where all your mods will be.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #47622 is a reply to message #31475] Thu, 27 November 2008 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Delibirate is currently offline  Delibirate

I think I'm the only one that can't pass through FE...that damn warning box always pops up when I save FE and run fable Mad

Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #47625 is a reply to message #47622] Fri, 28 November 2008 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Which one?
If you have another prompt that's interrupting your gaming experience, please, for the love of a higher power, share it. I want to see what kind of user errors are happening these days.
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #47636 is a reply to message #47625] Fri, 28 November 2008 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Delibirate is currently offline  Delibirate

I don't really know how to print screen, theres a print screen button in my keyboard but it doesn't seem to do anything but make my mouse blink so I'll just type it

Microsoft.NET Framework
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue if you click Quit the application will close immediately.

Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable\data\graphics\graphics.big' is denied

I click continue and tried to save the mods and played fable but it shows up again but changes 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable\data\graphics\graphics.big' to 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable\data\graphics\textures.big'

Did the same thing again and this time it showed 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable\data\lang\English\text.big'

I finally got fable working, but theres no traders at lookout point or any chest. Maybe it's cause I downloaded fable bare, it wont let me spawn anything with fable bare on and the only way I know how to disable fable bare is to take out the finalalbion.wad file from my levels folder :\ or I could've put the lookout point.tng in the wrong place I put it in the levels folder.

Previous Topic: some being ask for a mod to unban magic and weapons
Next Topic: Bowerstone South Pole
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 13:38:57 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01670 seconds