Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Camera Wiggle?
Camera Wiggle? [message #40205] Sat, 19 April 2008 03:37 Go to next message
Bonesaw is currently offline  Bonesaw
First post, sorry if this isn't where it's supposed to be... I know how forums can be.

Basically my question is this: Is it possible to remove the "wiggle" that happens with the camera when you look from side to side while moving? There's a bit of a snap back effect whenever you adjust you view which for whatever reason happens to make me extremely motion sick.

I'd prefer if the camera only did exactly what my inputs were... this extra movement is messing with my brain unfortunately.

I've been able to get Fable Explorer to work... I wasn't able to figure out how to get it to look in the correct path for the files, so I simply copied the data folder to where it wanted it so I could at least open the program. This was of course, after using a "stayontop" program to see what error messages were hiding behind the splash screen.

I've had a look through most of the camera options... nothing seems painfully obvious. If anyone has any insight as to what variable or setting would need to be adjusted that would be awesome.

Thanks.
Re: Camera Wiggle? [message #40206 is a reply to message #40205] Sat, 19 April 2008 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Try changing Fable's settings, mess with the follow camera option. Not sure if that will help, and I'm assuming you've taken care to see this already but it's all I got.
Re: Camera Wiggle? [message #40207 is a reply to message #40205] Sat, 19 April 2008 03:51 Go to previous message
Bonesaw is currently offline  Bonesaw
Yeah, I've already messed with all available in game options. I think this is something I'd have to change with modding.

For those that don't know what I'm talking about... if you have your character stand completely still and rotate the camera around... everything is smooth, and when you stop your mouse, the camera stops. Good.

Now if you start walking or running, and move your camera around... there is a brief moment after you stop your mouse that the camera continues on its way, and THEN, quickly snaps back a few degrees. This wiggling makes me motion sick... it's odd - I play plenty of fast paced FPS games and I've never been affected in this way.

EDIT: I've discovered a way of showing just how exaggerated this effect it. If you simply hold W on your standard wasd setup, and then just tap A or D, you get this crazy back and forth whip of the camera.

[Updated on: Sat, 19 April 2008 04:16]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Question about Making new weapons
Next Topic: Health Bar problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 16:00:24 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01209 seconds