Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Facial Hair
Facial Hair [message #50798] Sun, 19 April 2009 22:38 Go to next message
Reznik is currently offline  Reznik
I was wondering how I would go about making it possible to have 2 beard cards on at the same time. Say I wanted the mutton chops and the chin beard. How would I go about doing that?

I guess what I'm asking is if its possible to change the mutton chops for example to be qualified as a mustache but still be placed in the same place on my face. So that I could wear it along with a beard like the goatee or chin beard.

[Updated on: Sun, 19 April 2009 22:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Facial Hair [message #50800 is a reply to message #50798] Sun, 19 April 2009 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
That is a good question. Normally I'd go for model editing, but that'd be inconvenient, difficult, improper, and all-round bad since the hair would become static and you would have to add the beard to the other beards you wanted to use it with. So definition editing it is (on that note: moved).

Turning it into a mustache is the right track for this sort of thing.

First, you need to find the OBJECT entry of the hair you want to use along with other hair, in this case OBJECT_HERO_BEARD_MUTTON_01. Open the entry, browse the CDefs, find and open the CAppearanceModifierDef (important: CAppearanceModifierDef, not CAppearanceDef).
Find the value labeled as follows:
36E9BC1B - Unknown
(int)Clothing/Tattoo Body Placement
Change the number you see there to a mustache value.
Wiki reference material.
So if beards are 128 and mustaches are 256, change the 128 value to a 256. This changes the beard to a mustache. Apply Changes, close the entry.

I'm pretty sure that's all that's needed for a new game. I might be wrong though. Anyway, moving on. To use this in an existing game, you may need to create new entries. Here's what you do. Normally you'd have to go through all of the OBJECT_BEARD_CARD_## entries and check out all of their CHairCardDefs until finding the right one. Because you got me interested, I'll reward you by telling you that it's OBJECT_BEARD_CARD_04.

Go there, rename it to anything else, a unique name, "OBJECT_TASH_CARD_07" for example.
Open the entry, browse the CDefs for a CHairCardDef, name it. Any unique name works, as an example, "CHairCardDef_TASH_CARD_07".
Go back to OBJECT_HERO_BEARD_MUTTON_01, rename it as well, to "OBJECT_HERO_TASH_MUTTON_01" perhaps.
Find that CAppearanceModifierDef again and give it any name, "CAppearanceModifierDef_HERO_TASH_MUTTON_01" for example.

Click File|Create Fable Mod Package, then find each of these four entries again and drag them from the tree-view into the window. Once all four renamed entries are listed in the window, click Save FMP, give the FMP a name, click Save.

Close FableExplorer without saving changes. Open FableExplorer again (I'm not screwing around with you, I swear). Click File|Load Fable Mod Package and open the FMP you just made.

This adds those same entries as new ones and automatically links them all together. Now all you have to do is spawn the hair card and take it to a barber. If you used the same names as I did in the examples, you'd spawn "OBJECT_TASH_CARD_07".

This is a preferred method anyway in that you don't mess with the original mutton chop beard while adding a mutton chop "mustache".

If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll figure it out. It should, but I haven't tried it. If you need some more help with it or if there's something you don't understand, tell me specifically what you need help doing or understanding and I'll try to explain it better and more in-depth.
Re: Facial Hair [message #50801 is a reply to message #50798] Sun, 19 April 2009 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, just 2 questions so far. Do I hit apply changes after renaming these things? I'm assuming that hitting apply changes wont hurt anything since none of this will technically be saved but I just wanted to make sure. Also how do I get the chairdef and the CAppearanceModifierDef into the fmp?

[Updated on: Mon, 20 April 2009 00:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Facial Hair [message #50803 is a reply to message #50801] Mon, 20 April 2009 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Reznik wrote on Mon, 20 April 2009 01:59

Ok, just 2 questions so far. Do I hit apply changes after renaming these things? I'm assuming that hitting apply changes wont hurt anything since none of this will technically be saved but I just wanted to make sure.
You must do that, yes.
Reznik wrote on Mon, 20 April 2009 01:59

Also how do I get the chairdef and the CAppearanceModifierDef into the fmp?
Same as the others. You can either track it by ID number given in the root entries, or you can double-click game.bin again to reload it with the new names, making them stand out and easy to find.
Re: Facial Hair [message #50804 is a reply to message #50798] Mon, 20 April 2009 02:08 Go to previous message
It worked!!

Thanks for all your help John. Incedently, you also showed me how to correctly make an fmp so thanks for that as well. Very Happy

Previous Topic: enflame change
Next Topic: banhammer weapon?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:11:13 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01420 seconds