Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Packages » Rebalanced Fable
Rebalanced Fable [message #52817] Fri, 17 July 2009 14:51 Go to next message
Kelnor is currently offline  Kelnor
Hi everyone, first of all i wanted to say i'm new here, and i have been playing around with fable explorer for some days.

Since i heard (and i think so myself too) fable is too easy, i decided to adjust some things here and there, and i made this mod, which increases the difficulty level for fable. Some of the things this mod changes are:

• Life increase for every single creature in the game (except for villagers).
  • Damage increase and drastical health increase for all bosses. Long and challenging boss fights await you!
  • Drastical experience increase for every single spell and stat. Now you better specialize on some concrete spells and combat style Wink
  • Rebalanced spells. Now every single spell has had their damage, radius of effect, duration, mana consumption and many other parameters adjusted, so they are a little weaker in the first levels (thus making your life harder), but quite more powerful and effective when you master them.
  • Rebalanced legendary weapons. Now all legendary weapons, both melee and ranged, have had their damage and augmentations adjusted. The weapons which are now easier to acquire have had their stats lowered, and vice versa
  • Some other minor changes affecting consumable items and some visual effects, such as an explosion effect with Skorm's bow or the lenght increase for health and mana bars.

For installing, download the attached file, open your fable explorer and click on File --> Load Fable Mod Package.
Select the file you downloaded, then click on Actions --> Save Mods and Run Fable, and play as usual.

You can continue playing from an older savegame; however some changes, such as augmentation changes for swords you already possess, will not work, unless you sell your sword to the smith in Snowspire and buy it back.

There shouldn't be any problems with the mod. You are welcome to post any ideas, suggestions or problems you encountered.

Thanks everyone, have a nice day.

[Updated on: Fri, 17 July 2009 16:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Rebalanced Fable [message #52818 is a reply to message #52817] Fri, 17 July 2009 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Nice idea, but there's a problem with your fmp.
Now I could be wrong, but I'm afraid I'm not...

You see you didn't include any CDefs in you fmp, and those are the ones that make your changes (at least the majority, if not all).

Sorry to screw up you hard work, making an fmp of 2.4mb is a lot of work, I've been there myself a couple of times...

[edit]
If you wonder how I found this out: I renamed the extention of th mod from .fmp to .big and opened it in FE, this way you can see what entries are inside of a mod...

[edit2]
Oh and also; putting so many changes in a single fmp is insane, especially with the shitload of cdefs, since they aren't named but only have an entry number. Collecting all of them is just crazy. Doable, but crazy. With so many changes it's easier to distribute the whole game.bin as a replacement, but I don't think John would be to happy about that Wink

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Fri, 17 July 2009 15:11]

Re: Rebalanced Fable [message #52819 is a reply to message #52817] Fri, 17 July 2009 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kelnor is currently offline  Kelnor
Ok, I just included all the needed Cdefs into the fmp, I tested it and now it should be working correctly. I edited my first post to upload the right fmp.

Thanks for the correction, you never stop learning new things Smile
Re: Rebalanced Fable [message #56104 is a reply to message #52817] Wed, 10 February 2010 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TekhnoViking is currently offline  TekhnoViking
ok so...

This is a great idea i also think the difficulty could be much improved in the game Very Happy , but I just want to hear some concrete experienced opinions on this mod before i risk dling it. It would also be nice knowing how you went about making it... But if it's all legit and it works i'll give it a try Razz
Re: Rebalanced Fable [message #56635 is a reply to message #56104] Wed, 31 March 2010 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
battery000 is currently offline  battery000
TekhnoViking wrote on Wed, 10 February 2010 09:13

ok so...

This is a great idea i also think the difficulty could be much improved in the game Very Happy , but I just want to hear some concrete experienced opinions on this mod before i risk dling it. It would also be nice knowing how you went about making it... But if it's all legit and it works i'll give it a try Razz

It works just like the author said it would.
Re: Rebalanced Fable [message #59314 is a reply to message #52817] Wed, 08 September 2010 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
percivel is currently offline  percivel

Not a fan, it takes 20 minutes to kill two white balverines in the arena with skorm's bow...
Re: Rebalanced Fable [message #59317 is a reply to message #59314] Wed, 08 September 2010 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IDontKnow
percivel wrote on Wed, 08 September 2010 17:59

Not a fan, it takes 20 minutes to kill two white balverines in the arena with skorm's bow...

That's the idea, I think

27/4/11 23:XX (11:XX Pm) She went to a better place. 28/4/11 10:XX She was burried; RIP

Leren van de taal van Nederland is leuk.
Ik heb nog veel te leren, hoewel.

Tengo la ambición de aprender a español.
Yet I have no idea how to start.
Re: Rebalanced Fable [message #59318 is a reply to message #59317] Wed, 08 September 2010 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

The point i was trying to make is, there is almost no way to win without cheating in some way.
Re: Rebalanced Fable [message #59356 is a reply to message #52817] Fri, 10 September 2010 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
I agree. Upping the health and causing the battles to take too long is counter productive. It becomes a battle of attrition.

Take a look at modifying the armour values instead.

I do agree with weapon values though. They need to be more normalized. There may also be a way to modify how long a creature gets stunned on a perfect block.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Rebalanced Fable [message #59367 is a reply to message #52817] Sat, 11 September 2010 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yes, I loved the idea of the mod. I just thought the hp was a bit high. At some points it even completely prevents you from completing certain boasts, such as the hobbe killing contest in which you have to kill 10 more than whisper, it takes her 3 hits to kill one. Yet it takes you 10+ to kill one.
Re: Rebalanced Fable [message #59711 is a reply to message #59314] Thu, 14 October 2010 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ranyu is currently offline  Ranyu

Try a Master Bow with Silver Augmentation? It's more useful than Skorm's Bow vs White Balverines [at least in the normal version of Fable], but I get your point. I think the lower creatures in the game should be kept easier to kill. Just increase the power of the upper-level creatures and bosses. Summoners are a damn cool enemy but they sadly aren't too tough, which is a bit disappointing for me. I do like the idea of trolls getting increased health and/or def though, since that encourages the player to manually shoot the trolls in the face [they have no def there, and it's my favourite way to kill them!]. Health and def increases are good but it shouldn't be overdone... at that point you're just getting into the Square-Enix way of making bosses "difficult".

I'm not sure if you're still working on this but you could also try vastly shortening the stun times for normal enemies and faster reaction times for bosses [bosses like the Kraken in Bargate Prison and the first form of Jack of Blades take too long to use their attacks].

The topic was still on the front page, so I hope me posting in it doesn't cause any trouble.
Re: Rebalanced Fable [message #63012 is a reply to message #52817] Wed, 25 May 2011 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waky
Sorry if this is a necro post but I just gotta say that I think this is a great mod.

I installed it and when I played the game this mod made it a whole new experience. I had to work a bit to get my Speed at lvl 3 and Strength at lvl 2 to be able to beat Whisper in the Hobbe Killing contest and humble her(10+ kills).

I'm finding the Master Long Sword more useful. Unlike before, I dispose of it as soon as I get the Bluetane.

One question, at what level of renown can I do the Hobbe Cave quest? I assume with this mod it made that significantly higher.
Re: Rebalanced Fable [message #63020 is a reply to message #63012] Thu, 26 May 2011 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

waky wrote on Wed, 25 May 2011 19:41

Sorry if this is a necro post

Why don't you check the date on the last post in the thread? Seriously, it's not there as a decoration. -.- As for your questions, wish I knew. O_O

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Rebalanced Fable [message #63153 is a reply to message #63020] Mon, 30 May 2011 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Duskryn is currently offline  Duskryn
asmcint wrote on Thu, 26 May 2011 09:52

check the date on the last post in the thread? Seriously, it's not there as a decoration.

Not trying to start a rouse... But perhaps it would be more polite to simply tell him the following; instead of being sort-of-rude to a new member.

Marcopolo wrote on Tue, 09 October 2007 01:42

if you have a question on a mod but the author of the mod is inactive and the thread is dead, feel free to make a new thread concerning the mod on the General Mod Discussion board and make sure to provide the name and link to the mod you are discussing or you will be ignored.

- Duskryn
Re: Rebalanced Fable [message #63175 is a reply to message #63153] Tue, 31 May 2011 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waky
No biggie, I understand what he was trying to say. It's not easy to keep a forum organized, specially from what I observe, the current trend of... residents Razz

Anyway, I just thought to post the comment here too keep things simple. So other people can see what the mod is about and what another user thinks about it.

Thanks for quoting what Marcopolo posted, its enlightening Cool

For my question, you need to be on Familiar status to do the Hobbe Cave quest. I had to show off all my trophies(19 pax), beat up a bunch of guys(over and over again) to get my fame high enough.

Oh and the rock trolls are starting to get on my nerve, damn their tough!

[Updated on: Tue, 31 May 2011 04:57]

Re: Rebalanced Fable [message #63176 is a reply to message #52817] Tue, 31 May 2011 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyscifi is currently offline  tyscifi
you still should have made a new thread. as for duskryn, he wasnt being rude at all, you will learn eventually that just because someone bolds something doesnt mean they are being rude. Many of these users could be inactive and the thread is dead

"Smoke Meth, Hail Satan."
Re: Rebalanced Fable [message #63186 is a reply to message #63176] Tue, 31 May 2011 12:33 Go to previous message
Duskryn is currently offline  Duskryn
"Sort-of-rude" is perhaps not the best of words Smile. Anywho, personally I think old threads should be locked (eliminating that problem), but thats my own opinion.

- Duskryn
Previous Topic: Will Body Glow
Next Topic: Fable Uchiha Chronicles [OLD TOPIC]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:46:41 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01245 seconds