Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Modding problems - summon, sheathing, armor sets and more
Modding problems - summon, sheathing, armor sets and more [message #53095] Wed, 29 July 2009 03:45 Go to next message
quicksilver is currently offline  quicksilver
Hello again, I'm back with more modding questions/issues. I would really appreciate advice/help on these:

1. HP bar < MP bar
Is it normal that in unmodified game mana bar is slightly longer than health bar when maxed out?
Illustration:
HP: ------------------------
MP: ---------------------------

2. Non sheathed bows
I want is to make longbows and crossbows visible when sheathed. I tried to follow this tutorial http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&&th=245 8&goto=19142#msg_19142 and I came across "(int)QuiverObject 5606" instead of -1 or 0.

3. Custom summon
I did everything in this tutorial http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=2532& ;start=0& and changed wasp for a MOON BALVERINE, aka. White Balverine. But still wasp was summoned.

4. Adding armor pieces to armor sets
Is it possible to add Bright Wizard Hat to Will Bright Armor set and if so how? Other items are Dark Wizard Hat, Demon Warrior Helmet, Holy Warrior Helmet.

Re: Modding problems - summon, sheathing, armor sets and more [message #53097 is a reply to message #53095] Wed, 29 July 2009 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
quicksilver wrote on Wed, 29 July 2009 05:45

Is it normal that in unmodified game mana bar is slightly longer than health bar when maxed out?
Normal.

2. Non sheathed bows
I want is to make longbows and crossbows visible when sheathed. I tried to follow this tutorial http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&&th=245 8&goto=19142#msg_19142 and I came across "(int)QuiverObject 5606" instead of -1 or 0.
Crossbows and pump-action crossbows use 0 and so disappear when sheathed. Melee weapons use -1 and so remain when sheathed. Longbows disappear on sheathe when used with a quiver object, which appears regardless of whether or not the longbows are sheathed.

Change the number to -1 and it will stay as does the melee weapons. Take note, though, that they're likely to not sheathe as you may want them to.

But still wasp was summoned.
I think you have to start a new game for that one. Be sure to change the rank of the default summon to an absurdly high number.

Is it possible to add Bright Wizard Hat to Will Bright Armor set
Yes.

how?
Open FE.
Scroll down to the THING entries.
Open the 3366 - HERO_SUIT_BRIGHT_WILL_ROBE entry.
Browse the CDefs for a CHeroSuitDef entry link and click it.

Note: Do not add to the array in the CHeroSuitDef entry. The piece needed is already there and only needs to be changed.

Find the array entry in the CHeroSuitDef entry that links to 3518 - OBJECT_HERO_NO_HAT.
Change the number to the OBJECT entry ID number of the desired hat/helmet (3607 - OBJECT_HERO_HAT_WIZARD_GOOD).
Click Apply Changes, Actions|Save Mods and Run Fable.

Done.
Re: Modding problems - summon, sheathing, armor sets and more [message #53098 is a reply to message #53095] Wed, 29 July 2009 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks. But I forgot one question, that is related to my summon problem: If I could "forget" summon spell, by some modding and then learn it again, maybe then creature I want will spawn. This is just an idea, I'm not hoping for anything much. I finished the game and was thinking of starting a new one anyway.

Re: Modding problems - summon, sheathing, armor sets and more [message #53099 is a reply to message #53098] Wed, 29 July 2009 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
quicksilver wrote on Wed, 29 July 2009 07:34

Thanks. But I forgot one question, that is related to my summon problem: If I could "forget" summon spell, by some modding and then learn it again, maybe then creature I want will spawn. This is just an idea, I'm not hoping for anything much. I finished the game and was thinking of starting a new one anyway.
If a new game is required, the only way around it would require a save hack. It would only be a matter of "refreshing" the data for the default summon in the save. No one who still comes here knows how to do that.
Re: Modding problems - summon, sheathing, armor sets and more [message #53100 is a reply to message #53095] Wed, 29 July 2009 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Understood. Oh well, maybe sometime in near future we will be able to do that.
By the way, it's 3507, not 3607 for the wizard hat, but I managed it. And choosing item through [...] gave me unhandled exception, so I guess only way is to manually edit numbers. It wasn't hard though, so no worries.

Thanks again for devoting your time to help me,
quick

Re: Modding problems - summon, sheathing, armor sets and more [message #53102 is a reply to message #53100] Wed, 29 July 2009 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
quicksilver wrote on Wed, 29 July 2009 08:08

3507, not 3607
Oops, I was going kinda fast, sorry about that.
quicksilver wrote on Wed, 29 July 2009 08:08

choosing item through [...] gave me unhandled exception
Yea, I think that has something to do with the def.xml. If you're using the one provided in the installer, go ahead and pick up the latest one in the FE thread. Else, well I may finally come around to fixing it, but don't get your hopes up on that. Wink
Re: Modding problems - summon, sheathing, armor sets and more [message #54532 is a reply to message #53095] Thu, 08 October 2009 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cyanide is currently offline  Cyanide
I need some help my character thing is Well known will user Juggalo what ever and he has those will lines all over his body how can i remove them Thanks the lines mess up my tats and everything so any help would be nice. ThKs

Modding For A Better Yesterday
Re: Modding problems - summon, sheathing, armor sets and more [message #54533 is a reply to message #54532] Thu, 08 October 2009 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

CREATURE_HERO -> CHeroMorphDef

Find the entries related to the will tats (links to texture entries) and delete them.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Thu, 08 October 2009 06:54]

Report message to a moderator

icon12.gif  Re: Modding problems - summon, sheathing, armor sets and more [message #54535 is a reply to message #54533] Thu, 08 October 2009 08:15 Go to previous message
Cyanide is currently offline  Cyanide
OldBoy wrote on Thu, 08 October 2009 06:54

CREATURE_HERO -> CHeroMorphDef

Find the entries related to the will tats (links to texture entries) and delete them.

Thanks. Very Happy

Modding For A Better Yesterday
Previous Topic: Alright I have a question.
Next Topic: drunken bar fight
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 11:48:20 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00924 seconds