Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tutorials » [Hero] Remove Old age effects
[Hero] Remove Old age effects [message #55313] Tue, 22 December 2009 06:19 Go to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Myst wrote on Mon, 04 September 2006 03:01

Yet the third Do-It-Yourself-Noob-Proof-5 step-All that and a bag of chips- Guide, for all those that want their characters looking eternally young.

First things first, you need Fable Explorer, related link in the Wiki. Install it, browse it a little, scratch your head again and let's begin.

Step ONE. Open Fable Explorer, and look for CREATURE in the scrollbar to your left, as seen HERE.

Step TWO Double-click CREATURE and scroll down until you CREATURE_HERO (it's number 1470) and double-click it. You should end up HERE.

Step THREE Now click on the CREATURE_HERO item in the left panel and scroll down until you find "Links to (NamesBINEnum) : CHeroMorphDef", followed by a number. Under that number, there is a blue link called "Links to (GameBINEntryID): ", just click it as shown HERE.

Step FOUR In the newly-opened panel, you should see a long list of tables, with various link references. Delete them as shown here, BUT CAREFUL, as these are ALL you character morphs. Delete ONLY the ones where you see the word "OLD" in them, as shown HERE. If you delete any other items, such as Light or Evil, Anti-Tan or Will morphs, your character's appearance will never change. So don't go on a blind delete strike, just the ones with the word "OLD" in them. Frankly as a personal choice, I left the character's hair alone (head hair, body hair, facial hair), replaced "old eyes" with "blind eyes" and left the old mouth alone, leaving me only the BUMPS to delete.
To delete the wrinkly skin only, just delete the entries that have both "OLD" and "BUMP" words in them. This should leave your char looking old and yet not watered-down.

Step FIVE After deletion of the array entries, click "Apply changes" button and than either save the game.bin manually (right click, Save As), or in the FE Menu, click Action / Save Mods and Run Fable.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 December 2009 07:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Hero] Remove Old age effects [message #57622 is a reply to message #55313] Fri, 11 June 2010 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Platinum Paladin is currently offline  Platinum Paladin
Will this affect changes from child to teen to adult?
Re: [Hero] Remove Old age effects [message #57623 is a reply to message #57622] Fri, 11 June 2010 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nosferatu is currently offline  Nosferatu

Platinum Paladin wrote on Sat, 12 June 2010 00:01

Will this affect changes from child to teen to adult?

Yup.

Pain, Anger, Hate, Fear, Chaos, Darkness, Evil, Hell.

The Gates Are Open:

Gate 1: Darkness, The World Of Demons.
Gate 2: My Gaurds Are Watching You.
Gate 3: Only Evils Lives Here.
Gate 4: There's No Way Out.
Gate 5: Feel The Fire.
Gate 6: Pick Up Your Weapons And Fight.

[Updated on: Fri, 11 June 2010 16:01]

Re: [Hero] Remove Old age effects [message #57624 is a reply to message #57623] Fri, 11 June 2010 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

This will only affect the adult hero. This guy--CREATURE_HERO

Re: [Hero] Remove Old age effects [message #57631 is a reply to message #57624] Fri, 11 June 2010 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
And it's only the adult Hero who ages in the game anyway, since you can't use the experience pedestal until after you become the adult Hero.
Re: [Hero] Remove Old age effects [message #58571 is a reply to message #55313] Thu, 15 July 2010 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skyle is currently offline  Skyle
Since you can save the modifications, can someone please give me a file with a young Hero? I barely managed to make me one and I had to reinstall the game and other issues, and I don't have it anymore. I would very appreciate if someone could give me a file with the changes made so the Hero is young. I tried desperately to find a way to stop him aging, I even found a trainer with tons of options but the aging stopping of all didn't work. Sorry for my crappy enghlish.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 July 2010 16:57]

Re: [Hero] Remove Old age effects [message #58572 is a reply to message #58571] Thu, 15 July 2010 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
If you're asking for a save file, the answer is no. Read the rules, we do not distribute saves on this site except for testing purposes.

If you're talking about an FMP, there is at least one that does this somewhere on the forum. But this is an edit so easy, anyone cam do it themselves.
Re: [Hero] Remove Old age effects [message #58574 is a reply to message #58572] Fri, 16 July 2010 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1. Thanks anyways
2. What is a FMP, adn where ca I find it?
Nevermind, I found it.

[Updated on: Fri, 16 July 2010 04:00]

Re: [Hero] Remove Old age effects [message #58575 is a reply to message #58574] Fri, 16 July 2010 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
You're in the tutorials section, why not check it out yourself?
Re: [Hero] Remove Old age effects [message #58576 is a reply to message #58575] Fri, 16 July 2010 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just did.
Okay this works perfect. Now I would like to know if there is anymway to unload the FMP.

[Updated on: Fri, 16 July 2010 04:37]

Re: [Hero] Remove Old age effects [message #58598 is a reply to message #58576] Fri, 16 July 2010 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nosferatu is currently offline  Nosferatu

Skyle wrote on Fri, 16 July 2010 13:00

unload the FMP.

If you mean reversing changes back, do this:

Put in your game disc, get off your cd the data files and then put them in your fable folder, overwhrite the data folder that already exist and your done.

Fable folder is probably in:

C:> Program Files> Microsoft Games > Fable-The Lost Chapters

Pain, Anger, Hate, Fear, Chaos, Darkness, Evil, Hell.

The Gates Are Open:

Gate 1: Darkness, The World Of Demons.
Gate 2: My Gaurds Are Watching You.
Gate 3: Only Evils Lives Here.
Gate 4: There's No Way Out.
Gate 5: Feel The Fire.
Gate 6: Pick Up Your Weapons And Fight.
Re: [Hero] Remove Old age effects [message #58601 is a reply to message #58576] Fri, 16 July 2010 17:41 Go to previous message

Retired
And stop asking question after question in this thread. It's unrelated to the tutorial, stop being a noob and go learn for yourself. Teach yourself, that's what these tutorials are here for.
Previous Topic: [General] Camera Changing Tutorial
Next Topic: [General] Modding on Vista - The Basics
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:57:07 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01163 seconds