Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » health regeneration for hero
health regeneration for hero [message #55516] Sat, 02 January 2010 14:05 Go to next message
Glabrezu is currently offline  Glabrezu
i want to add the ability for health regeneration to the hero
i also would like to speed up mana regeneration
could someone tell me how i can do this
i have fable explorer
thanks for any help
Re: health regeneration for hero [message #55517 is a reply to message #55516] Sat, 02 January 2010 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Open CAugmentationDef, pick one, open it, put numbers in 'Health Regeneration Rate' and 'Mana Regeneration Rate'. Next equip all the weapons you like to use with that augmentation. OldBoy's 'New to Modding' sticky has links on how to add the augmentation if you haven't learned that yet. This is the way that comes to mind, there may be other ways, but I have used this way before.

Re: health regeneration for hero [message #55524 is a reply to message #55516] Sun, 03 January 2010 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Another way, and a very cheap way, to do it is to hijack or duplicate some potion entries, specifically health and will potions. You set the total health/will restored to a ridiculously high number (315360000), then set the time it takes to get this to 1/10 (31536000). When you use the potions, you'll receive 10 health/mana per second for the number of seconds you chose. If you use the values I chose, it will last for a year.

[Updated on: Sun, 03 January 2010 06:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: health regeneration for hero [message #55527 is a reply to message #55516] Sun, 03 January 2010 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the replies, both good ideas
i was hoping for a non item way though
is it possible to give the hero natural non item based regen?
thanks again
Re: health regeneration for hero [message #55530 is a reply to message #55527] Sun, 03 January 2010 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
You can remove the effects from the heal spell, then up the values for health given and time the same as you would a potion. Outside of that, you'd need to add augments directly to the Hero, which hasn't been tried successfully.
Re: health regeneration for hero [message #55537 is a reply to message #55530] Sun, 03 January 2010 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satoh is currently offline  Satoh
JohnDoe wrote on Sun, 03 January 2010 15:16

You can remove the effects from the heal spell, then up the values for health given and time the same as you would a potion. Outside of that, you'd need to add augments directly to the Hero, which hasn't been tried successfully.

Images of sparkly vampire Heroes come to mind... I would certainly call that unsuccessful...

I think the Hero naturally regains Will though doesn't he? why not just up the value he regains every few seconds...?
Re: health regeneration for hero [message #55539 is a reply to message #55537] Sun, 03 January 2010 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Satoh wrote on Sun, 03 January 2010 15:14

I think the Hero naturally regains Will though doesn't he? why not just up the value he regains every few seconds...?
I'm not sure that there is a variable in the definitions for that. If it is, it will be in HERO_STATS or GLOBAL. Otherwise it's in the executable and will be rather difficult to track and edit.
Re: health regeneration for hero [message #55560 is a reply to message #55516] Mon, 04 January 2010 02:31 Go to previous message
im going to try and look into the mana regen natural
sadly ive basic modding knowledge
but it seems that when mana is not max it pulses (recharges) every second
so maybe seeing how much a spell costs to cast and then timing how long it takes to recharge willl help in looking for the numbers, if its like the mana augmentation the three numbers will be bunched together
so itll be someting like
base mana/# recharged/recharge speed
?/?/1
hmm... maybe that only makes sense to me, nm, if i get time ill test
thanks again
my hopes this would be a simple process has been removed Sad
Previous Topic: New NPC, with dialogue?
Next Topic: Easy Make Muscle Size Perfect+Scar/Bruise Removing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:10:57 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01369 seconds