Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Packages » Weapons/magic allowed in all Cities, Gold Cap increased.
Weapons/magic allowed in all Cities, Gold Cap increased. [message #56975] Tue, 27 April 2010 14:39 Go to next message
Synte is currently offline  Synte
My first mod, this mod will make the maximum age 18 and allow weapons and magic in bowerstone south and north, I cant seem to find in fable explorer how to enable magic/weapons in lady gray's mansion, any help on that note would be appreciated, enjoy.

EDIT:

Ignore the above.

The final version of this mod.

1. Allows weapons and magic in all towns, bordello, Mayors mansion and bedroom. No 40 Gold fine anywhere.

2. Increases Gold capacity to 99,999,999.

3. I removed the age modification pending further testing, If my tests are successful I'll post a small separate mod for that.

Enjoy.

Way too many screen shots to take/post here to 'prove' this works. I've tested it, it works, nuff said.

-Syn

[Updated on: Wed, 28 April 2010 18:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Forever young and Weapons/magic allowed in Bower [message #56976 is a reply to message #56975] Tue, 27 April 2010 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
1...ur method of age modifying seems as tho it may hav probblems just based on my experience with the age system
2...im pretty sure that i am a moron who needs to check his facts before posting stuff like what was originally here...and yes i actually just typed that
*Don't worry, as long as you learn from your mistakes, it's okay.*
3...screenies of ur work wud be advisable(more so to prove they work than show what they do)
4...i love seeing newbies make their first post a release...and if it works it even better...not to mention i think the mods just might get along well with u too...cant be sure tho...well good luk with future mods

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.

[Updated on: Tue, 27 April 2010 20:05] by Moderator

Re: Forever young and Weapons/magic allowed in Bower [message #56977 is a reply to message #56976] Tue, 27 April 2010 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charrzarr wrote on Tue, 27 April 2010 14:46

1...ur method of age modifying seems as tho it may hav probblems just based on my experience with the age system
2...im pretty sure even veteran modders have been unable to give weaps in the mansion
3...screenies of ur work wud be advisable(more so to prove they work than show what they do)
4...i love seeing newbies make their first post a release...and if it works it even better...not to mention i think the mods just might get along well with u too...cant be sure tho...well good luk with future mods

Can you please elaborate on any potential problems with my method of age modification? I didn't think to post screen shots but here they are..

Note: I did have all my skills max'ed in every area before modding the age, if I run into any age problems when trying to add or upgrade skills on my next new game I'll let you all know.

-Syn
Re: Forever young and Weapons/magic allowed in Bower [message #56979 is a reply to message #56977] Tue, 27 April 2010 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the way u stated the modifying of the age seems almost the opposite of what others have done...it seems the game ages u based on how close u are to the max age, not what ur age is. the way others have achieved agelessness is by greatly increasing the max age(i think around 5k) but do to the way that the aging in the game works(sumthin like each skill=1 year and a few other variables) ur aging(as far as what the game shows) stops at sumthin like 79(or 69 i aint played in a bit so i cant remember) meaning that u are light-years(ironically i AM using the term correctly[in a metaphoric way]) away from the max age, which means u remain young

{If there is a fault in my explanation aside from numerical errors a more knowledgeable person may gladly correct me without my taking offense}

Re: Forever young and Weapons/magic allowed in Bower [message #56983 is a reply to message #56979] Tue, 27 April 2010 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charrzarr wrote on Tue, 27 April 2010 16:07

the way u stated the modifying of the age seems almost the opposite of what others have done...it seems the game ages u based on how close u are to the max age, not what ur age is. the way others have achieved agelessness is by greatly increasing the max age(i think around 5k) but do to the way that the aging in the game works(sumthin like each skill=1 year and a few other variables) ur aging(as far as what the game shows) stops at sumthin like 79(or 69 i aint played in a bit so i cant remember) meaning that u are light-years(ironically i AM using the term correctly[in a metaphoric way]) away from the max age, which means u remain young

{If there is a fault in my explanation aside from numerical errors a more knowledgeable person may gladly correct me without my taking offense}

Each skill rise = .7 game years, aging in game stops at 65.

Ill soon make a new game and add skills to see if there are any glitches in my method, but I really can't se ehow increasing the max age to 5000 would make you forever young, unless the max age is held in an integer which cannot hold a number greater than 256, so 5k is overkill, if that is the case anything over 256 would work. So far Ive encountered no problems in my method, but again I need to make a new game and add skills to be certain. Thank you for your input.

-Syn
Re: Forever young and Weapons/magic allowed in Bower [message #56985 is a reply to message #56983] Tue, 27 April 2010 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Regarding weapons in the mansion.
Regarding the age thing.
@Synte, well done. It's very pleasing to see that you have managed this on your own. Hope to see more of your work, and you can always ask in the General Mod Discussion forum if you need any quick info... I trust you won't ask us how to use FE like many others do. Wink
Re: Forever young and Weapons/magic allowed in Bower [message #56986 is a reply to message #56975] Tue, 27 April 2010 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Ive found FE self explanatory for now, if I have questions I am sure I can find the answers without asking stupid questions. I'm an ex programmer and oblivion modder. I've always loved fable but only recently (last week) discovered there is a modding community for it.

If anyone would like to see the 40 gold weapon penalty taken out of towns for this mod, let me know here, I've seen where to do it, along with increasing the maximum amount of gold. Just let me know. Thanks for the links JohnDoe. I should also add this mod enables magic and weapons in the bowerstone cellar too but it is of little consequence since i was only able to finally figure out how to get in there today, and there isn't much there.

About the age thing, I admit i havent tested this from a new game, so you're saying if i set min and max age to 18 the toon will always look like a twirp, skinny and all? I thought that changed with adding skills under strength. Also lets say I set max age to 5k.. I would ave to max all skills/spend time in prison to eventually get the age reduction?

-Syn

[Updated on: Tue, 27 April 2010 18:02]

Re: Forever young and Weapons/magic allowed in Bower [message #56987 is a reply to message #56986] Tue, 27 April 2010 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Synte wrote on Tue, 27 April 2010 19:55

About the age thing, I admit i havent tested this from a new game, so you're saying if i set min and max age to 18 the toon will always look like a twirp, skinny and all? I thought that changed with adding skills under strength.
No, just age texture morphing. Age has no effect on skeletal morphs. By setting min/max age to the same number, the percent of age texture morphing might be 0%, I've never done it so I couldn't say for sure, but a few have and said that it worked.
Synte wrote on Tue, 27 April 2010 19:55

Also lets say I set max age to 5k.. I would ave to max all skills/spend time in prison to eventually get the age reduction?
Age reduction or age morphing reduction? The game will still say that you're 65 or 109 or whatever, but you will look 18. And no, you don't have to do anything else. Whether or don't have any skill upgrades or all skill upgrades, you won't have but maybe 1% of age morphing (with 5000 set as the maximum age) so you'll look about the same throughout the game (you'll still have alignment and physical/skill morphing going on).
Re: Forever young and Weapons/magic allowed in Bower [message #56988 is a reply to message #56975] Tue, 27 April 2010 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
based on the formula that Mr. Genius(a.k.a. JohnDoe) explained u wud remain young basicly forever with the high as F--- max age and i believe the age and stats are handled almost entirely seperate so using the 18 age if it keeps u young wud do just that and not effect skill morph(lets just called the morphing caused by skill changes skill morph) and as far as aging in game it wud still go up in the counter(sumwhere in the 'pause' menu(or whatever u want to call it)) but u wud not get wrinkly and ur hair wud not go white(blonde maybe but not white) oh and thanks Synte for making me, who has been here for awhile, feel inadequate by knowing far more about the aging system's numeric values...but nonetheless if ur method works great...i just never heard of it

oh and johndoe ill remov number 2 out of the other post there as my information was falty

Re: Forever young and Weapons/magic allowed in Bower [message #56991 is a reply to message #56975] Tue, 27 April 2010 19:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Due to my as of yet untested age methods I've removed it from this updated mod.

I've added the following:

1.Gold capacity for your character increased to 99,999,999 (in case 10 mil wasn't enough for you.

2. Added weapon/magic in the gray mansion.

3. removed the 40 gold penalty for having weapons out in oakvale, bowerstone and the bordello, also enabled magic and weapons in the bordello.

I just got a new pc and this is my first game on it, so I will update the mod to accommodate the later areas in the game as i get to them as pertains to weapon/magic laws.

I have screens proving all of this works, but I'm only allowed 5 attachments per post and wouldn't want to double post, if you want them let me know its okay to double post.

fmp removed, updated one in first post

-Syn

[Updated on: Wed, 28 April 2010 18:04]

Re: Weapons/magic allowed in all Cities, Gold Cap increased. [message #57010 is a reply to message #56975] Wed, 28 April 2010 18:04 Go to previous message
Bump for new fully tested version. Download at the top.

-Syn
Previous Topic: J.O.B fmp and weapons unseen fmp
Next Topic: Real frying pan with 1 clue.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 01:52:25 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01254 seconds