Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Hero Muscle Tone
Hero Muscle Tone [message #59446] Thu, 23 September 2010 02:54 Go to next message
AlbionPiemaster is currently offline  AlbionPiemaster
I am having a problem with the muscularity of my hero.

I am aware that alot of people want their hero bigger/smaller/whatever. I have already successfully edited my bncfg files to yield (imho) an excellently proportioned hero.

Now my problem is that when my strength attributes are fully levelled I no longer have the muscular definition I had previously. I am bigger, taller and bulkier but dont have much in the way of a "ripped" body so to speak.

How may I achieve better muscle definition? Can this be done in Fable Explorer? I am new but to modding fable but have extensive experience with TES:IV and can generally work things out given a push in the right direction.

Cheers from the AlbionPiemaster

Fully Levelled Strength, Where is my six pack?

[Updated on: Thu, 23 September 2010 03:35] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hero Muscle Tone [message #59447 is a reply to message #59446] Thu, 23 September 2010 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
The default layering of the morphing textures on the Hero suck.
Use the FixedMorphLayers.fmp found in this archive. Should at least help a bit.
Re: Hero Muscle Tone [message #59448 is a reply to message #59447] Thu, 23 September 2010 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunately FixedMorphLayers.fmp wasn't very helpful at all.
It made my hero's muscle tone only very slightly more visible, besides which, I not looking for a specific fmp that will solve my problems.

I would much rather be equipped with the knowledge to change and tweak it myself for my optimum experience and so that any new modders down the track may also benefit.

Do I need to muck around with the textures found in CHeroMorphDef?
They seem fine, like I said at certain states/configurations of "levelled up" the muscularity is fine.
Not that I would object to having a hero that is totally shredded it would be great for my assassin/archer classes. Small but powerful, rather than just a small weed.

*^^Would actually be great if that could be done some how.^^
Re: Hero Muscle Tone [message #59449 is a reply to message #59448] Thu, 23 September 2010 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
The main issue is that the other layers, the will, alignment, old, hair layers, and any of the other ones that I'm forgetting, are obscuring the muscle layer textures. The only real solution for that is to get rid of all the other layers.

I suppose you could take the muscle alpha layer textures and slap them directly on the base textures. That might improve the appearance a little bit, even with all the other layers still in the way. Easy to find, textures.big, the muscle textures will be bunched together in a series of morphing textures prefixed with COMP. The base textures are right under the morphing textures, I think.
Re: Hero Muscle Tone [message #59450 is a reply to message #59449] Thu, 23 September 2010 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have already removed the will, hair and old layers. (I'm 18 and neutral) But I understand what you mean here.

However (please forgive my noobishness) I can locate with ease the textures you speak of (my previous efforts took me to the very place) but putting them directly onto the base textures? And the stuff mentioned after that, you have me lost.
Re: Hero Muscle Tone [message #59451 is a reply to message #59446] Thu, 23 September 2010 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
I'd just stick with the HeroMorph myself.
The muscles must be being overridden somewhere.

Here are the stats and what they do in the HeroMorph:
http://fabletlcmod.com/wiki/doku.php?id=def_editing:player_s tats

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.

[Updated on: Thu, 23 September 2010 06:44]

Re: Hero Muscle Tone [message #59452 is a reply to message #59451] Thu, 23 September 2010 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire wrote on Thu, 23 September 2010 23:44

I'd just stick with the HeroMorph myself.
The muscles must be being overridden somewhere.

Here are the stats and what they do in the HeroMorph:

I'm not sure what to make of your post.

index.php?t=getfile&id=9129&private=0
That is a screen shot of my CHeroMorphDef. Which has teen+whatever else at the bottom, couldnt be bothered combining the screens.
All the boxes seem to have appropriate stats for their morph? I just want a muscular hero! lol
Re: Hero Muscle Tone [message #59453 is a reply to message #59452] Thu, 23 September 2010 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
You're looking at the second section, which is for bone morphing.
The first section has the texture morphing. It will take a while to load, has 156 array listings if I remember correctly.
Re: Hero Muscle Tone [message #59454 is a reply to message #59453] Thu, 23 September 2010 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh, thank you very much. What a rookie error.

I have made some progress. But for every two steps forward I seem to have to take 1 step backwards.

I played around with the hero morphing a little and got this result:

I now have that better muscular definition I was originally try to get towards, but why am I so tan? Is it only because its a little darker that I can see the muscles more easily (ie they were already there just pale like my face).

I may reluctantly delete the tan morphing arrarys, funny though as I only became tanned when I changed the applied textures fields to COMP_HERO_MUSCLE.

[Updated on: Thu, 23 September 2010 17:01] by Moderator

Re: Hero Muscle Tone [message #59455 is a reply to message #59454] Thu, 23 September 2010 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, I have finally bent this problem to my will.

I was doing silly, silly things in the CHeroMorphDef DE9B0516 Section.
This was extremely helpful for knowing which things did what within the arrays:
(Thank you very much Keshire)

My conclusions:
Character Morphing is pretty crap. JohnDoe was right all along. I am beneath him.

"The main issue is that the other layers, the will, alignment, old, hair layers, and any of the other ones that I'm forgetting, are obscuring the muscle layer textures. The only real solution for that is to get rid of all the other layers."
-JohnDoe

If I had done this to begin with I would not have had a problem.
Thank you for your patience.
I only thought I had done this when doing other stuff (thus the silly, silly things).

Evil Alignment may obscure muscle, but tan does not.
will, and old are probably the big ones.
Due to the way I level my characters, not once have I ever had one with body hair. So I'm unsure on the effects that would have.

Not to be presumptuous, but should anyone have troubles with their muscularity let me know and I should be able to explain it quite simply if this thread is not enough.

One final thing.
In regards to the solution JohnDoe offered early on in the piece, there is no way to prioritise morphing?
(ie if teen/kid was set, surely that would have priority over most of the other ones?)

-The AlbionPiemaster

[Updated on: Thu, 23 September 2010 15:58]

Re: Hero Muscle Tone [message #59456 is a reply to message #59455] Thu, 23 September 2010 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
AlbionPiemaster wrote on Thu, 23 September 2010 17:06

In regards to the solution JohnDoe offered early on in the piece, there is no way to prioritise morphing?
(ie if teen/kid was set, surely that would have priority over most of the other ones?)
Changing the order of the texture morphs in the CHeroMorphDef should change which layers go where but they will all have equal priority. How much a specific layer shows is solely determined by the stats.
Re: Hero Muscle Tone [message #59460 is a reply to message #59456] Fri, 24 September 2010 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Stranger wrote on Thu, 23 September 2010 19:00

AlbionPiemaster wrote on Thu, 23 September 2010 17:06

Changing the order of the texture morphs in the CHeroMorphDef should change which layers go where but they will all have equal priority. How much a specific layer shows is solely determined by the stats.

That sounds about right. The whole system is screwy in how it's handled. Even Lionhead messed it up. The retail game makes chest hair disappear if everything is leveled up. Which was why I released a 'fix' for it.

I have screenshots of a bunch of different morph tests I did.
http://fable.pe-ell.net/gallery/album03?page=1

Tan/Anti-Tan doesn't work in the retail game. So they used them for Good/Evil instead. If I knew what stat was for tanning I'd fix that too (assuming it worked).

The bruising textures aren't used either. Another thing I had to go in and fix.

Plus the scar healing ratio's are completely messed up in the retail game. But even fixing them, a save and reload will insta heal to a regular scar. :/

Scar differences
Toggle Spoiler

[/rant]

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.

[Updated on: Fri, 24 September 2010 08:31]

Re: Hero Muscle Tone [message #61587 is a reply to message #59446] Sun, 27 February 2011 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
llamamonkey is currently offline  llamamonkey
Hi,

I was interested in doing this for myself, but I'm unsure about how to change the textures as well as not knowing what I should replace them with. Can anyone assist me on doing this and maybe provide the required replacement textures?
Re: Hero Muscle Tone [message #61588 is a reply to message #61587] Sun, 27 February 2011 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

I think this might be a good place to start. May I suggest using search next time?

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Hero Muscle Tone [message #61589 is a reply to message #59446] Sun, 27 February 2011 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
llamamonkey is currently offline  llamamonkey
ok thanks, I did try searching but I wasn't entirely sure on what I should be looking for. Any ideas though on the best way to go about creating similar textures to the ones shown above?
Re: Hero Muscle Tone [message #61593 is a reply to message #61589] Sun, 27 February 2011 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

I don't know squat about creating textures, I say just try editing the hero's current skin textures, which should be easy to find if you look through the cdefs CREATURE_HERO uses.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Hero Muscle Tone [message #61611 is a reply to message #61587] Sun, 27 February 2011 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
llamamonkey wrote on Sun, 27 February 2011 11:19

Hi,

I was interested in doing this for myself, but I'm unsure about how to change the textures as well as not knowing what I should replace them with. Can anyone assist me on doing this and maybe provide the required replacement textures?

asmcint wrote on Sun, 27 February 2011 11:43

I think this might be a good place to start. May I suggest using search next time?

llamamonkey wrote on Sun, 27 February 2011 11:53

ok thanks, I did try searching but I wasn't entirely sure on what I should be looking for. Any ideas though on the best way to go about creating similar textures to the ones shown above?

asmcint wrote on Sun, 27 February 2011 13:14

I don't know squat about creating textures, I say just try editing the hero's current skin textures, which should be easy to find if you look through the cdefs CREATURE_HERO uses.

Both of you read the thread. It's not a matter of changing textures, it's a matter of changing definitions. All the how-to is in the thread already.
Re: Hero Muscle Tone [message #67563 is a reply to message #59446] Sat, 10 November 2012 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blacktimes is currently offline  Blacktimes
How can i make the muscle bigger?
Re: Hero Muscle Tone [message #67571 is a reply to message #67563] Sat, 10 November 2012 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lenop is currently offline  Lenop
Blacktimes wrote on Sat, 10 November 2012 14:27

How can i make the muscle bigger?

What you want is not a texture or mesh edit but a bones edit. You already posted in morerunes' tutorial, that thread explains how to go about doing that.
Re: Hero Muscle Tone [message #67705 is a reply to message #59446] Sat, 08 December 2012 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blacktimes is currently offline  Blacktimes
yea sry Smile
but how can i make the skin from my hero darker?
Re: Hero Muscle Tone [message #68285 is a reply to message #59446] Sat, 18 May 2013 00:30 Go to previous message
yangfeng is currently offline  yangfeng

Do I need to muck around with the textures found in CHeroMorphDef?
They seem fine, like I said at certain states/configurations of "levelled up" the muscularity is fine.

____________________________________________________________ __
-=The Dali
--== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan
D3 Gold
Buy Runescape Gold
Buy RS Gold
Previous Topic: Im very suck with Blender............
Next Topic: How can i remove the collision of a object?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:49:38 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01353 seconds