Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Fable:The Grasp of Death
Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62422] Sun, 17 April 2011 07:28 Go to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Alright, I've decided to start my own large scale mod, though this sort of thing usually falls in on itself. I posted here because i have no progress as of yet, but I need to get a team assembled to start off.
The goals are as follows.
More legendary looking legendary weapons
Maps retextured to look twisted and evil
Jack of blades blood sky a constant
Fewer enemies, with higher block rates, and more realistic health ratings
New magic swords and crossbows
Mage traders to sell these swords and crossbows
Weapons and spells allowed in bowerstone with mortal children
Less needy Lady Grey(Because let's face it, after five minutes you wind up wanting to kill her.)
New tricked out armors of pwnage.
And a teleporter to the creature hub where the world tree will be placed with a bunch of bandits, and in the top of the world tree, a kick butt legendary earthen weapon.
So, here are the kinds of people I need: People who can make models from scratch for fable, and preferably texture them too.
People to texture items for those who can't do it themselves(Such as myself)
TNG editors, I need at least one person who can use albion explorer.
Aaand some plain old def editors.
If you have any of the skills listed here, and want to help, just say the word, and post a piece of work, and I'll consider you. ^_^

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62433 is a reply to message #62422] Sun, 17 April 2011 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyscifi is currently offline  tyscifi
would be happy to help, i have grown to be a fan of your mods, i will try all of the things needed, i will be so much more help when i get something bigger than a notebook, my current operating systems, and also with the less needy lady gray, wish that was out before i had killed her, beat that b**** to death after i gave her like 50 diamonds and she said "Oh havent you given me this already"
well thats beside the point, i will read up on tutorials and try to help. tell me watcha need done, like the weapons, and i will try my best.
i hope i can prove myself worthy

"Smoke Meth, Hail Satan."

[Updated on: Sun, 17 April 2011 16:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62449 is a reply to message #62433] Mon, 18 April 2011 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hmm... So far I believe you've proved yourself competent with textures... Here's my qualifier for you. Retexture three noticable items from the guild to be really twisted and evil looking. If I like it, I'll start you off doing environment texturing, as well as figuring out how we might make lady grey less needy, as I also think you would do well exploring definitions. Wink But seriously, you give that woman an amethyst, and then not 5 seconds later you hear"I haven't had a present in a while..."

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 April 2011 11:24]

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62450 is a reply to message #62449] Mon, 18 April 2011 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, i might re download gimp, but it really takes a lot of time to load on my notebook. well i dont care i will download it and texture some stuff

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62454 is a reply to message #62422] Mon, 18 April 2011 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yunvich is currently offline  yunvich
might be able to help you in weapon making
Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62457 is a reply to message #62422] Mon, 18 April 2011 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i will do the bridge in the guild the guildmaster and mazes desk (for now) post some screenies and see what you think

edit1
i finished the desk for now. if you think it needs improvements lemme know

[Updated on: Mon, 18 April 2011 16:09]

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62459 is a reply to message #62457] Mon, 18 April 2011 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

yunvich wrote on Mon, 18 April 2011 16:50

might be able to help you in weapon making

Please, by all means, do so. If you have a good model I'd be happy to apply helpers and texture it. Wink

tyscifi wrote on Mon, 18 April 2011 17:08

ok i will do the bridge in the guild the guildmaster and mazes desk (for now) post some screenies and see what you think

edit1
i finished the desk for now. if you think it needs improvements lemme know

Alright, looks good. Mind showing what it looks like in game? Rolling Eyes

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62460 is a reply to message #62422] Mon, 18 April 2011 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok sorry for double posting but it wont let me have two files in a reply this is the bridge, next will be the guildmasters coat and so on

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62461 is a reply to message #62459] Mon, 18 April 2011 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sry, i havent actually put any of this in game yet, i have been trying to finish the textures, i am almost done with the guild masters coat. ok just finished and will be puting everything in game right now

edit, well i just crashed my game trying to load these, and i forgot to make back ups

[Updated on: Mon, 18 April 2011 17:36]

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62470 is a reply to message #62461] Tue, 19 April 2011 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well, did you set the alpha right? Rolling Eyes If so, then just grab backups off your disc and try again? Neutral

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62472 is a reply to message #62470] Tue, 19 April 2011 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they all had alpha 0 so i used dxt1 and then changed the alpha back to zero. and i dont know how to get the files from the disk but it will probably be easy, just havent thought of doing it before

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62473 is a reply to message #62472] Tue, 19 April 2011 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

This thread tells how to get files off the disks and which disk has which file.

http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=60103& amp;#msg_60103

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62474 is a reply to message #62473] Tue, 19 April 2011 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thnx, i figured it had to do with zip files

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62554 is a reply to message #62474] Sat, 23 April 2011 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Alright, ty, if you can tell me what texture entries each of your textures belongs to, I'll attempt to apply these changes myself, and see if it's good enough. Wink

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62555 is a reply to message #62554] Sat, 23 April 2011 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok sorry but it wasnt the textures that crashed the game. i replaced my textures file afterwards, twice and when i replaced it, guess what!?!??! my game still crashed, gonna reinstall and try again. (when i get the time, kinda tired right now, just went to see a movie and i am beat) i will probably do it tomorrow, make sure my clean install works, then load the textures.

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62576 is a reply to message #62422] Mon, 25 April 2011 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Graenditheos is currently offline  Graenditheos

If someone's still interested to see how the bridge and desk retexture looks I can get the screenies. They work perfect with the evilguild-mod btw. Razz

EDIT; Did it anyway. Smile

http://i.imgur.com/g4cbR.gif

[Updated on: Mon, 25 April 2011 03:47]

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62577 is a reply to message #62576] Mon, 25 April 2011 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62578 is a reply to message #62577] Mon, 25 April 2011 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Uhh, mind taking those in better light? I couldn't make anything out there. Neutral

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62579 is a reply to message #62422] Mon, 25 April 2011 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sry i forgot to post the guildmasters pants here.

and i will upload them after i reinstall it, would have yesterday but didnt have time.

[Updated on: Mon, 25 April 2011 06:53]

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62580 is a reply to message #62578] Mon, 25 April 2011 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

asmcint wrote on Mon, 25 April 2011 15:33

Uhh, mind taking those in better light? I couldn't make anything out there. Neutral

Sure, I'll get to it as soon as I find the bridgetex that needs to get replaced.

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62581 is a reply to message #62422] Mon, 25 April 2011 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the light would have been better but i made the textures too dark, well pretty dark, not too dark, but thnx for putting them in game

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62582 is a reply to message #62422] Mon, 25 April 2011 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I'm afraid the light isn't getting any better in maze's quarters.

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62583 is a reply to message #62582] Mon, 25 April 2011 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Oh and I'm guessing you'd want to see the guildmasters clothing too?

[Updated on: Mon, 25 April 2011 08:05]

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62584 is a reply to message #62583] Mon, 25 April 2011 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

That looks wonderful. Thank you ty for making that, and thank you adrian for showing screenies. And yes I would like to see the guildmaster's clothing. Wink

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62585 is a reply to message #62584] Mon, 25 April 2011 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62586 is a reply to message #62585] Mon, 25 April 2011 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62587 is a reply to message #62586] Mon, 25 April 2011 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

EXCELLENT. Thanks adriian. Congrats ty, you are now my first staff member, as an environment editor. In other words, you make the textures of trees, rocks, and other various things, look corrupted and evil. Very Happy

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62588 is a reply to message #62422] Mon, 25 April 2011 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thank you, i will try to be very productive, but sadly with school and stuff, i dont have much time to mod but i will try my hardest
ok i made a fmp for the textures, here

[Updated on: Mon, 25 April 2011 13:29]

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62594 is a reply to message #62422] Mon, 25 April 2011 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sry for the double post but neither of them have much to do with each other, ok so i retextured the apprentice outfit to look more evil, tell me what you think, if you like/hate it.
i put this in the retextures forum though so follow this link.http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=6 2593&#msg_62593
and apparently it was my save that wasnt working and crashing the game, i just started a new one and deleted the old one.

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62595 is a reply to message #62594] Mon, 25 April 2011 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I like the look of that apprentice retexture, looks beautiful, however, mind sticking that in a big? As well as the other textures you posted here, because FMPs corrupt textures the majority of the time. Rolling Eyes When you don't do that people are liable to get RAINBOW MAN!

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62598 is a reply to message #62595] Mon, 25 April 2011 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok will in a bit

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62603 is a reply to message #62422] Mon, 25 April 2011 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok here is my bridge, desk, guildmaster. the apprentice will be uploaded at the other one

[Updated on: Mon, 25 April 2011 18:54]

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62624 is a reply to message #62603] Thu, 28 April 2011 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ccharley is currently offline  Ccharley

i'm sorry for this question but
why your fmp don't run ??
Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62625 is a reply to message #62422] Thu, 28 April 2011 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what fmp?? i have bigs posted so wut are you talking bout?

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62626 is a reply to message #62588] Thu, 28 April 2011 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ccharley is currently offline  Ccharley

tyscifi wrote on Mon, 25 April 2011 10:32

thank you, i will try to be very productive, but sadly with school and stuff, i dont have much time to mod but i will try my hardest
ok i made a fmp for the textures, here

i'm speaking about this post
you've posted a fmp whith this post

[Updated on: Thu, 28 April 2011 14:40]

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62627 is a reply to message #62626] Thu, 28 April 2011 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No he didn't, it's a genuine big. If it wasn't, it wouldn't open in FE like one. Rolling Eyes

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62630 is a reply to message #62422] Thu, 28 April 2011 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DO NOT LOAD THE FMP'S AT RISK OF RAINBOW MAN!!! THIS IS A MESSAGE TO EVERYONE!!!
Just use the big. And i am going to remove that file unless someone can honestly tell me that it didnt give them rainbow man.

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62633 is a reply to message #62630] Thu, 28 April 2011 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well it's not certain it will happen to you, but it's a very high possibility, as opposed to no chance of it with a big. Wink

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62653 is a reply to message #62633] Fri, 29 April 2011 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nostradamus
if you still need someone to do some retextures, sign me up.

Modding takes the fun out of the game but gets the game into the fun.
Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62654 is a reply to message #62653] Fri, 29 April 2011 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

I need all the help I can get buddy. Very Happy Just do an environment retexture, something easily noticed, and post a screeny. If I like it, you'll be doing the same job ty will be. Very Happy

Previous Topic: The error says "error displayng entry"
Next Topic: fable the zelda chapters (unless the votes change soon)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:17:22 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01862 seconds