Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » HERO MODEL REQUEST!!!!
HERO MODEL REQUEST!!!! [message #64332] Sat, 13 August 2011 22:38 Go to next message
Gamekrazzy is currently offline  Gamekrazzy
Hey yo!!!! I was recently messing with FABLE. Very Happy

I am currently working on a mod (This has probably been done already), where the character is always young. So far I have managed to get nearly everything done, but...

As I have hardly any experience in model editing, I was wondering if someone can make a model that removes the clothes and hair (Kind of like a mini hero model) so that clothing can be used on the main character (and not look stupid. lol.) as well as hair in this mod?

Why are you still reading this?
Re: HERO MODEL REQUEST!!!! [message #64333 is a reply to message #64332] Sat, 13 August 2011 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zyreq is currently offline  Zyreq
You can't make it so the young hero could wear normal adult clothing or different hairstyle,i'll tell you that.But i'm sure you could retexture his clothes to your liking.Someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

No, no word of a lie, never' a lie, seventeen cows I stopped 'em with moi.. one 'and.
Re: HERO MODEL REQUEST!!!! [message #64334 is a reply to message #64333] Sat, 13 August 2011 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is this proof enough for you? Very Happy

technically he is nude at the moment. lol. Razz

[Updated on: Sat, 13 August 2011 23:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: HERO MODEL REQUEST!!!! [message #64335 is a reply to message #64334] Sun, 14 August 2011 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

The hero's hair clips with the model hair, and the clothes won't fit. But as long as the hairstyle is big enough it will be hard to tell

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: HERO MODEL REQUEST!!!! [message #64336 is a reply to message #64335] Sun, 14 August 2011 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what do you mean? I want to have a child model without the clothes or hair, which would allow the adult clothes and hair to fit wouldn't it?

_EDIT_

Also please not I already tried using the Hero Model over the Child's skeleton, it looked ridiculous. Sad

[Updated on: Sun, 14 August 2011 10:40]

Re: HERO MODEL REQUEST!!!! [message #64344 is a reply to message #64332] Sun, 14 August 2011 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK... Hopefully there are no issues with bumping here. ^_^

Anyways, all I need would be the YOUNG_HERO face replacing the TEEN_HERO face, that way the face texture could fit, I could use the teenage mesh, and a fully playable child character would be availiable.

PLEASE, can anyone do this for me?

_EDIT_

In the spoiler is pictures of what I have done so far. Right now I am using the TEEN_HERO mesh and applied the child's skeleton, appearance, and sound, works like a charm except that the head seems a bit big, and that is why I want to replace the head for TEEN_HERO with the head from YOUNG_HERO.

Toggle Spoiler

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2011 12:51]

Re: HERO MODEL REQUEST!!!! [message #64349 is a reply to message #64344] Mon, 15 August 2011 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
It's not enough to do one piece. The entire mesh has to be redone. Which is too much effort for anyone to care to do it.
Re: HERO MODEL REQUEST!!!! [message #64350 is a reply to message #64349] Mon, 15 August 2011 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the teen mesh and the hero mesh are pretty much the same, all I need is a new .x file. A new object to replace the teen mesh, then I can change the rest of the data according to the hero mesh.

Re: HERO MODEL REQUEST!!!! [message #64351 is a reply to message #64332] Mon, 15 August 2011 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Alright, I'll tell you like this.

The adult Hero mesh is split up into several intricate parts. front and back torso, legs, hands, head, etc. and so on.

When you put on a clothing item in the game, let's say trousers for this instance, the game uses clipping prevention to make parts of the adult Hero mesh disappear so that it won't clip with the clothing. For trousers, it will be hips, thighs, calves.

But the child mesh is split up into very basic parts like most NPCs. Head, torso, arms, legs, and that's it. So in clipping prevention, it gets rid of nothing. But let's say that it was made to get rid of the legs, put on pants and his feet are invisible.

You want to just screw the kid's head onto the adult's body. That's alright, as the two meshes are actually identical in proportions and similar in design. Though it would require adjustments, and because it means exporting the two meshes to DirectX format, some data is lost in translation, some other data gets screwed up. So, what this means is that a complete and proper overhaul of the Frankenstein mesh is required. This means texture mapping and skinweighting/rigging. And that means a lot of time and effort. Just so that the kid can wear other clothing.

So I go back to what I said earlier - the entire mesh has to be redone, and that's too much effort for anyone to care to do it.
Re: HERO MODEL REQUEST!!!! [message #64352 is a reply to message #64351] Mon, 15 August 2011 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
again... I understand. I just need the child's head screwed onto the teen body, then I simply load the new model, and replace the mesh.

the teen mesh and the adult mesh are pretty much the same, so all I have to do is copy and paste everything. the mesh for the face can be found in the child's mesh. What I am asking doesn't require that much work.

All I want is the model with the child's head screwwd on to the teen body. I would do the rest of the data stuff.

Re: HERO MODEL REQUEST!!!! [message #64358 is a reply to message #64352] Mon, 15 August 2011 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Gamekrazzy wrote on Mon, 15 August 2011 18:51

What I am asking doesn't require that much work.
No, you think it doesn't require too much work. I can give you a quick DirectX file hacked together but it wouldn't be proper, there will be problems. These problems are what I'm trying to explain to you.

Edit: Here you go. Have fun saying "oh that's what he meant".

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2011 20:05]

Re: HERO MODEL REQUEST!!!! [message #64359 is a reply to message #64358] Mon, 15 August 2011 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well... you aint kidding about hacking it together quickly, as the neck isn't attached really and the eyes literally pop out. Simply put the model was made badly, I see you tried to prove a point to me, but here you go, completely fixed up, but with a bad model.

click the spoiler to see the image and I can say "I told you so." Razz

Thank you, although I do think I am going to have to use a better model.

_Edit_
just to show you that I fully applied everything, and it is just the model that is the problem.

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2011 21:17]

Re: HERO MODEL REQUEST!!!! [message #64360 is a reply to message #64359] Mon, 15 August 2011 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
I know the model is the problem, that's exactly what you said you wanted, and that's exactly what I said would be a problem. I said the model has to be redone entirely. Short of that, this is the best you're going to get.
Re: HERO MODEL REQUEST!!!! [message #64361 is a reply to message #64360] Mon, 15 August 2011 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am confused... why should the model have to be redone entirely? You can't just translate the head and it's key points so that it fits the rest of the mesh?

_edit_

also, you said you made it quickly (what about quality?), I mean how does that prove a point?

I guess I might just have to learn alot about model editing now...

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2011 21:32]

Re: HERO MODEL REQUEST!!!! [message #64362 is a reply to message #64361] Mon, 15 August 2011 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Gamekrazzy wrote on Mon, 15 August 2011 23:29

I am confused... why should the model have to be redone entirely? You can't just translate the head and it's key points so that it fits the rest of the mesh?

I'm glad you read my posts. Neutral
JohnDoe wrote on Mon, 15 August 2011 18:23

Though it would require adjustments, and because it means exporting the two meshes to DirectX format, some data is lost in translation, some other data gets screwed up. So, what this means is that a complete and proper overhaul of the Frankenstein mesh is required. This means texture mapping and skinweighting/rigging. And that means a lot of time and effort. Just so that the kid can wear other clothing.
Re: HERO MODEL REQUEST!!!! [message #64363 is a reply to message #64362] Mon, 15 August 2011 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok then... Do you think you could translate the head for me (even if it means losing data), so I can see what you mean in person? Thank you... Very Happy

_edit_

also, I am sorry... I misread the original post that you quoted from.

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2011 21:39]

Re: HERO MODEL REQUEST!!!! [message #64364 is a reply to message #64363] Mon, 15 August 2011 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Gamekrazzy wrote on Mon, 15 August 2011 23:38

ok then... Do you think you could translate the head for me (even if it means losing data), so I can see what you mean in person? Thank you... Very Happy
I did. That's what I just did. Just now. That's what you have. That's what I did, there. That has already happened, I have already done it, you already have it.
Re: HERO MODEL REQUEST!!!! [message #64366 is a reply to message #64332] Mon, 15 August 2011 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
http://www.consoleclassix.com/info_img/Deja_Vu_NES_ScreenShot1.jpg

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: HERO MODEL REQUEST!!!! [message #64367 is a reply to message #64332] Mon, 15 August 2011 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
A more satisfying answer. What you said wouldn't take much effort is what you have. What you want requires a complete overhaul. For it to be done properly, you're asking for an awful lot, you just don't realize it. What was done was not just a quick thing thrown together in a sloppy manner just out of spite, that's what it actually looks like. That is the untouched kid's head on the untouched teen's body. You think it's just a matter of sewing the two together. I'm telling you it's not. If you do that, you have to redo all the rigging/skinweights. You have to go and check the texture mapping. You have to make sure nothing was screwed up and if it was you have to fix it. That takes forever. The result just isn't worth it.

Now, I'm not touching this subject again because there's nothing more to say. I'll just be repeating myself more and more and then you'll say what you want/need and how easy it will be and I'll say how not easy it is and we're back where we started.
TL;DR:

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2011 22:50]

Re: HERO MODEL REQUEST!!!! [message #64368 is a reply to message #64332] Mon, 15 August 2011 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fable Master is currently offline  Fable Master
Re: HERO MODEL REQUEST!!!! [message #64371 is a reply to message #64368] Tue, 16 August 2011 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you, you do realize that there is a reason I didn't post after your comment right john. Look, I understand... in fact I went through the work to find a model editor to try and fix the head, and found out why. So thank you.... what I don't understand is why you continued to post after I shut up?

lolwat?

Anyways, thanks for trying hard to explain something to me. I am sorry for being an idiot. I figure if I want this so bad, I might as well work really hard to get it and at the same time give myself the biggest headache ever. Go ahead and lock/delete this thread or whatever.

Again... I am sorry.

Re: HERO MODEL REQUEST!!!! [message #64372 is a reply to message #64371] Tue, 16 August 2011 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Gamekrazzy wrote on Tue, 16 August 2011 02:35

what I don't understand is why you continued to post after I shut up?
To give the best explanation possible. I'm supposed to be useful, after all.

I figure if I want this so bad, I might as well work really hard to get it and at the same time give myself the biggest headache ever.
This is something I actually encourage. The large majority of the modelers here learned most of what they know on their own, through trial and error, practice and etc.

Go ahead and lock/delete this thread or whatever.

Again... I am sorry.
Don't worry about it, no one could rightfully think less of you because of any of this. It's all good. Smile
Re: HERO MODEL REQUEST!!!! [message #64561 is a reply to message #64372] Sun, 28 August 2011 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

I don't have access to the software required to fulfill your request to any degree that I would find satisfying :/

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: HERO MODEL REQUEST!!!! [message #64592 is a reply to message #64561] Wed, 31 August 2011 01:03 Go to previous message
lol, don't worry about it buddy... besides this is a dead thread...
Razz

Previous Topic: Balverine MOD Remake^^
Next Topic: Zoom help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:54:01 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01087 seconds