Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Darkwood Cullis Gate - Permanent Activation Question
Darkwood Cullis Gate - Permanent Activation Question [message #65428] Mon, 12 December 2011 10:58 Go to next message
MontySmith is currently offline  MontySmith
Hello. Fairly new to modding Fable, though not modding itself. Anyway, what I would like to do is once you complete the quest that sends you to Hook Coast, make the Cullis Gate stay active and usable. I looked around the site a bit, saw how to make your own Gates, but nothing about editing that one in particular. It shouldn't be a difficult thing to do, but, well, even though I have backups, I'd rather not just blindly mod my way into a problem.

One last note: I have some text issues when using Fable Explorer. Long story short, I'm heavily reliant on ID numbers, though directing me to things like a weapon's CWeaponDef or other various links works just fine.

Thank you for the help.

EDIT: Currently using only Fable Explorer, though if additional programs are required that shouldn't be a problem.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 December 2011 12:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Darkwood Cullis Gate - Permanent Activation Question [message #65436 is a reply to message #65428] Mon, 12 December 2011 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

Unfortunately I think all the real Cullis Gates are hard-coded in, hence can't be edited. Much like the map table.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: Darkwood Cullis Gate - Permanent Activation Question [message #65437 is a reply to message #65436] Mon, 12 December 2011 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nicomon is currently offline  nicomon
While we can make custom cullis gates which show up when we use the guild seal(or step onto a preexisting one), I don't think we have found a way for them to only be active after a certain point.

I divided by zero and survived.
Two of Diamonds, people. This is important.
Re: Darkwood Cullis Gate - Permanent Activation Question [message #65438 is a reply to message #65437] Tue, 13 December 2011 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Well, I can think of a possible way to do it, but the problem is, it would be active even if you were just in Darkwood for the first time, which could easily cause a lot of glitches. Best bet, just use your guild seal. Wink

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Darkwood Cullis Gate - Permanent Activation Question [message #65439 is a reply to message #65428] Tue, 13 December 2011 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MontySmith is currently offline  MontySmith
That's too bad. I keep forgetting scripting for Fable doesn't work the same way as scripting for the Elder Scrolls, hence why I was thinking it would be fairly simple. Thanks for the help anyway.
Re: Darkwood Cullis Gate - Permanent Activation Question [message #65450 is a reply to message #65428] Sat, 17 December 2011 01:21 Go to previous message
farner is currently offline  farner
Hi, I'm a complete noob and have just gotten into modding Fable. I have FE and have used it to remove the weapons restriction on Bowerstone South and the like. What I'm trying to do is get to Hook Coast, Knothole Glade, or Witchwood early in the game rather than mid-game. Is there any possible way if like your saying activating the Darkwood Cullis Gate would glitch the game?

I've looked everywhere and can't find anything. Thanks in advance.
Previous Topic: linux
Next Topic: mod youtube reveiw
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:14:08 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01105 seconds