Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Exception during X-File parsing.
icon9.gif  Exception during X-File parsing. [message #66125] Sat, 17 March 2012 20:07 Go to next message
Sansero is currently offline  Sansero
I made a weapon in blender and exported as .x but when I import it says "Exception during X-File Parsing." then underneath, "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." What's wrong? did I fail with helpers or what? ... Well actually I remember messing with a bunch of stuff because I'm a noob at blender. I have no idea what I did besides take the sword template from morerunes and duplicate it. Then I rotated it to look similar to the minion wardog sword. Please help. Shocked

I'm coming Elisabeth!
Re: Exception during X-File parsing. [message #66127 is a reply to message #66125] Sun, 18 March 2012 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Your mesh hierarchy is messed up, you need to cut the contents of the exported .x file and paste it into a different .x file from Fable. Take a look at one of my tutorials, it's not intuitive, but you should be able to get it.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
icon4.gif  Re: Exception during X-File parsing. [message #66128 is a reply to message #66127] Sun, 18 March 2012 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw your video and your sword.x file in note pad looks different. When I open up the sword I made in note pad it looks like this:
Toggle Spoiler

And I know that's not right. I have been using a .3ds to .x converter. So what I need to know is how to export .x from blender. Is it a plugin? If so, where can I download?

I'm coming Elisabeth!

[Updated on: Sun, 18 March 2012 08:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Exception during X-File parsing. [message #66129 is a reply to message #66128] Sun, 18 March 2012 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

While in blender, go to File>>User Preferences

Then under plugins look for the directX export plugin and tick the check box. Then export

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Exception during X-File parsing. [message #66130 is a reply to message #66128] Sun, 18 March 2012 09:44 Go to previous message
Got it, thank you very much. Very Happy

I'm coming Elisabeth!
Previous Topic: changing villager model's
Next Topic: animation question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:51:04 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01660 seconds