Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » A bit of trouble
icon1.gif  A bit of trouble [message #66640] Sun, 06 May 2012 14:25 Go to next message
BlazeHawk is currently offline  BlazeHawk
There seems to be a problem when I try to save mods and run Fable. When i do this, it will ask me to close Fable because it is running, yet I never opened Fable, I only have the Explorer open. I could really use an explanation of this and maybe a solution? If it means anything I have Fable on Steam. I did check my Processes and when i save mods and run Fable, Fable.Exe opened, I closed it and clicked ok, but the game did not open. There was also an error, Error: could not find Library.

[Updated on: Sun, 06 May 2012 15:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: A bit of trouble [message #66641 is a reply to message #66640] Sun, 06 May 2012 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Hmm... Check your processes tab, see if Fable.exe is still lingering. If it is, end the process. If not, I have no idea.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: A bit of trouble [message #66643 is a reply to message #66641] Sun, 06 May 2012 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

You clicked the 'ok' button, correct?

It is telling you that you are running fable because the 'Save Mods and Run Fable' menu option launches Fable, you've just got to give it a second after the splash.exe error and the message pops up.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: A bit of trouble [message #66644 is a reply to message #66643] Sun, 06 May 2012 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After I saved mods and ran Fable, i waited for the Splash thing to come up, I pressed ok, than a error came up, saying that it couldnt find the Library, i pressed ok, and than it told me to press ok when you finished using and have closed Fable, but it told me Fable was still running, but when Fable is open in my Processes I cant actually see or play it? Could the fact that I have Fable TLC on Steam be causing a problem? Id like to apologize if im being difficult or a burden, im very new to modding Fable. I launched tge game with Steam, but the small modifications I made did not seem to work.

[Updated on: Sun, 06 May 2012 17:05]

Re: A bit of trouble [message #66645 is a reply to message #66644] Sun, 06 May 2012 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Yes, I can imagine it would

Try killing fable with your console then closing FE and launching fable with steam

I don't know how steam will react to you modding it though :/

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: A bit of trouble [message #66646 is a reply to message #66645] Sun, 06 May 2012 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could the problem be solved if I were to take the Fable folder from my Steam apps file, and move it to my Microsoft games file? Perhaps the Library Error is being caused because Explorer is looking for the Fable files inside Microsoft games and they are not there, so the game will not launch?

[Updated on: Sun, 06 May 2012 18:25]

Re: A bit of trouble [message #66647 is a reply to message #66646] Sun, 06 May 2012 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

If you're modding the game files by using File-open and then opening them, then this could be the case. It will not save changes made to files that do that. Move things over to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games" and see if that helps. If it doesn't, then once again, I will be stumped.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: A bit of trouble [message #66648 is a reply to message #66647] Sun, 06 May 2012 18:27 Go to previous message
Great news guys, Its finally working!!!!!!!!! Id like to thank you guys for all your help and support, it really helped me along the way.

[Updated on: Sun, 06 May 2012 18:41]

Previous Topic: Can someone help me please?
Next Topic: Briar Rose has Down-syndrome? (Face morphing issue...)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 01:00:32 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01006 seconds