Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Mods not working.
Mods not working. [message #67305] Mon, 10 September 2012 19:55 Go to next message
Djental is currently offline  Djental
Well, at first the mods were working. Then I shut the game down to go eat lunch, after I got back, I opened the game, and it said that it had a problem and the game shut off. So I reinstalled the game, and tried the mods again, this time, the mods didn't work. I re installed it a second time and that didn't help. I tried to search the forums for it, and I only found one post about it, but no one had replied to it. I'm using windows vista x64.

Since a puzzle can't solve it's self, explain the origin of life.
Re: Mods not working. [message #67335 is a reply to message #67305] Sun, 23 September 2012 10:44 Go to previous message
Final-Z is currently offline  Final-Z
Okay, I need more information. where is your fable game located? did you take ownership of the game? Or again, is it a steam version?

I see two problems you could have here.

1. Fable explorer problem.

If I am right, your OS uses two program files folders. If fable is located in the program files 64, or something that looks like that, the mods won't work, and FE will not open. However, it does not prevent you from playing the game. If this is your problem, just relocate the game at (drive letter):/Program Files/Microsoft Games/ Fable - The Lost Chapters.

2. Your mod is broken / misused

(game startup)
If you are using a mod that require an installer, it may cause some problems... It happened to me, but a simple re-install fixed it up. Try re-installing it without the mods, then add them one at a time, testing the game between. This way, you will know what is your problem.

(world loading)
In that case, it can be a corrupted model, or a chest containing a non-existing object. If it's a broken sword, per example, re-download the mod and apply it again. if it's a chest, then both the TNG and the save file that saw the regions are screwed. backup the TNG, suppress the game file and it should be working fine. Without the chest, of course. I think the problem would be the same with a Trader.
Previous Topic: Help With Balvarine Mod
Next Topic: Custom Hero Mods?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:47:35 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01548 seconds