Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Level Scripting » Making All Homes Marital Homes
Making All Homes Marital Homes [message #68146] Sun, 05 May 2013 07:59 Go to next message
Wyntilda is currently offline  Wyntilda
I would like to enter noob mode here.... Embarassed

Basically, as most of us already know, there's only one house per region (Bowerstone South, Oakvale, Knothole Glade, Hook Coast, Snowspire Village) in which the Hero can buy immediately and marry, should he wish to. I know you can add a duplicate marital home, but is it possible to turn all of the homes into marital homes without changing the mesh into the generic-brand marital home? To understand where I'm going with this, think of Fable II where all the houses are immediately buyable and you're able to marry and live in any house you please. Perhaps with some basic scripting this could be done, or perhaps this is more of a definition edit. Maybe I could duplicate the original home entries in FE but swap the mesh out with the original house, so that the level essentially stays the same, but you can still buy the house?

LOWER PRIORITY
Is it, by chance, possible to do this with places such as the Grey House house, the windmill, Orchard Farm, etc.?

I would like to clarify that I'm using the usual Fable-modding terms when I say 'possible' or 'impossible'. Basically, is it too much work for such little results (and demand), or is it worth my time?

Leaves fall
in the autumn
of lives
that appear
to be worthless
to some,
utmost ignorant.

Necrophagist - Epitaph

[Updated on: Sun, 05 May 2013 10:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Making All Homes Marital Homes [message #68147 is a reply to message #68146] Sun, 05 May 2013 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

If I remember correctly, it's not so bad. Take a look at some of the marital home scripts and go off of that.

Also, this is helpful

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Making All Homes Marital Homes [message #68156 is a reply to message #68147] Sun, 05 May 2013 18:53 Go to previous message
Wyntilda is currently offline  Wyntilda
Hmm. So far I haven't looked too far into it, but it seems I can make the houses automatically buyable by making them vacant from the start. Not sure if that makes them marital, though. There doesn't seem to be much of a difference in the scripts or the defs between marital homes and regular homes, other than that. Perhaps I'll test it out tomorrow, or whenever I have the time.

Leaves fall
in the autumn
of lives
that appear
to be worthless
to some,
utmost ignorant.

Necrophagist - Epitaph
Previous Topic: Water Scripts
Next Topic: Albion Explorer script issues.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:17:14 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01305 seconds