Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Nostro Armor  () 1 Vote
Nostro Armor [message #68599] Thu, 13 June 2013 16:01 Go to next message
Sparrow
This was a quick mod I did in about an hour, so don't expect it to be good... I used the skinweights from the original nostro mesh instead of making my own and the helmet is part of the armor (I will fix it soon). But this is just a quick release and sneak peek of what could be a finished armor sometime in the future. I don't plan on working on this much, but I will probably at least make some new texture entries for it and remove the helmet from the mesh or at least make it invisible. If I finally get skinweighting down, I suppose I will redo this whole mod and make a much better Nostro armor. Take a look at what's done so far:
This was done so roughly because I had already basically finished this armor before but I lost it and this was a quick remake of it because everyone wants Nostro's armor and no one has made anything so this is what I've got so far.

Spawn as:
OBJECT_HERO_SHIRT_NOSTRO
-
Beta 1 file removed at 1 download
Beta 2 file removed at 12 downloads
-
New problem:
Stupid Graphic Texture No Apply Angry

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Fri, 12 July 2013 23:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Nostro Armor [message #68600 is a reply to message #68599] Thu, 13 June 2013 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dr3am3r21 is currently offline  Dr3am3r21
*_* cool armor man!!! Pls finish the mod!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Mod FTW!!! :D
Cpt Dreamer Designs
http://i42.tinypic.com/33ushnt.jpg
Re: Nostro Armor [message #68601 is a reply to message #68599] Thu, 13 June 2013 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amm.. actually... i don't know if this is my fault... but when i spawn this armor at a chest... it sais nostro armor but when i wear it it's just the chainmail armor :/

Cpt Dreamer Designs
Re: Nostro Armor [message #68602 is a reply to message #68601] Thu, 13 June 2013 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
*Fixed ^^

Are you shpongled?
Re: Nostro Armor [message #68649 is a reply to message #68599] Mon, 17 June 2013 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blacktimes is currently offline  Blacktimes
This looks really cool! Im happy that their is one who make new Armor mods ^^ because their are only a few Armor Mods... Very Happy

I cant spawn chests, because i cant install Albion things... so i need the number to let it spawn ( http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=6619& ;start=0&) you know the number maybe? Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 17 June 2013 14:48]

Re: Nostro Armor [message #68651 is a reply to message #68649] Mon, 17 June 2013 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
Well so far all of my armor mods are screwed up Crying or Very Sad

Are you shpongled?
Re: Nostro Armor [message #68652 is a reply to message #68651] Mon, 17 June 2013 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't give up man... Smile Keep up the work and you will succeed Wink

Cpt Dreamer Designs
Re: Nostro Armor [message #68653 is a reply to message #68651] Mon, 17 June 2013 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lenop is currently offline  Lenop
Let me give you a few tips. The clothing mesh has its own sets of bones and helpers that the mesh will use instead of the Hero's, but there is a mod that sets the horns to use a blank mesh that has the Hero's skeleton as a base, and any clothing that had bones that go by the same name will line up with the Hero's, correcting the issue shown in the picture. Mesh swap fix.

Another worthwhile note is that importing and exporting the mesh in an editor degrades the quality of the rigging, and it's best to skip that step when possible by simply editing in NotePad the way you would to remove the shoulders off of plate armors or transfer the jack hood to the will robes.

Work smarter, not harder.

Edit:
The mesh swap fix has a theoretical benefit when making armors that are wholly new as well. If you attempt your daedric armor, you could try moving the bones to fit the mesh before skinning as opposed to the other and more difficult way around. The bones will snap back to the hero's skeleton taking the mesh along with it. Again, theoretically... Try it if you're feeling bored.

[Updated on: Mon, 17 June 2013 17:03]

Re: Nostro Armor [message #68654 is a reply to message #68653] Mon, 17 June 2013 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
So you are telling me to delete the hero mesh but keep the skeleton and put nostro's armor mesh or jack's hood into it? That seems like it would work, but I've figured out skinweighting. I removed the shoulderpads and helmet from the mesh and added a new skin. It looks a little bit weird because some parts stretch... I'm not sure what wrong, but I've adjusted the upperarm and clavicle skinweights a million times but part of the armor that I don't want to move still moves. It's good enough for me to update to a new beta so yeah.^^ Let me know what you think and what the problem seems to be. I probably should have started skinweights with something simpler.

Are you shpongled?
Re: Nostro Armor [message #68655 is a reply to message #68654] Mon, 17 June 2013 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zyreq is currently offline  Zyreq
If anyone finds out how to skin weight properly, please show it to the community with a video Wink

No, no word of a lie, never' a lie, seventeen cows I stopped 'em with moi.. one 'and.
Re: Nostro Armor [message #68657 is a reply to message #68655] Mon, 17 June 2013 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
I can skinweight properly! Well sort of. The only problem is when I edit the envelopes. I just watched crazybunny's tutorial a few times and got it. I guess I could make a video but I'm kind of a noob at this so lemme figure it out a bit more.
-
Helms are easy!

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Mon, 17 June 2013 23:06]

Re: Nostro Armor [message #68658 is a reply to message #68654] Mon, 17 June 2013 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lenop is currently offline  Lenop
Falset wrote on Mon, 17 June 2013 21:05

I've adjusted the upperarm and clavicle skinweights a million times but part of the armor that I don't want to move still moves.
It depends on what part of the mesh you're talking about.

For the pauldrons you probably want it weighted wholly to the clavicles. Anything below that is upper arm and so on. Anything above or more central to that should be weighted wholly to the spine bones. That's the cool thing about big pieces of metal, since they're not supposed to be flexible you can just weight things 100% to single bones and not worry about trying to figure out how much weight goes to this or that to make things look right. Cloth, for example, is a pain in the ass.

And don't give up. Smile
I'm no good at this stuff, I've learned about as much as I'm going to and I will never get better. You on the other hand will, and with enough practice you're going to be stupidly good at this.

Falset wrote on Tue, 18 June 2013 01:05

Helms are easy!
Yep. Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 17 June 2013 23:07]

Re: Nostro Armor [message #68685 is a reply to message #68658] Wed, 19 June 2013 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
Lenop wrote on Tue, 18 June 2013 02:06

For the pauldrons you probably want it weighted wholly to the clavicles. Anything below that is upper arm and so on.

Lol, I have no idea what you just said. What are pauldrons? And what do I weight to the spine?

Are you shpongled?
Re: Nostro Armor [message #68686 is a reply to message #68685] Wed, 19 June 2013 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zyreq is currently offline  Zyreq
I think he means that you should skinweight the pauldrons to the clavicle bones...

No, no word of a lie, never' a lie, seventeen cows I stopped 'em with moi.. one 'and.
Re: Nostro Armor [message #68687 is a reply to message #68686] Wed, 19 June 2013 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
Okay, well no one says pauldrons anymore, haha. And so basically, I need to weight the shoulder part of the armor to the clavicles? What about the spine and upperarms?

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Wed, 19 June 2013 14:56]

Re: Nostro Armor [message #68692 is a reply to message #68687] Wed, 19 June 2013 14:56 Go to previous message
Sparrow
I don't know if you guys noticed, but it was updated ^^
Download here.

Are you shpongled?
Previous Topic: Crazybunny's Master Chief Helmet
Next Topic: FABLE:Reloaded
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 02:15:48 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01032 seconds