Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Weapon Special Effects
Weapon Special Effects [message #17760] Fri, 06 April 2007 09:50 Go to previous message
Paradigm is currently offline  Paradigm
Okay, I searched pretty hard for this and yes, I saw the topics on "the singing sword" and the short tutorial that accompanied them. Forgive my ignorance but that little 8 step process wasn't quite clear enough for me. I have gotten as far as opening the CSpecialEffectsDef and the CWeaponDef for OBJECT_IRON_LONGSWORD (starting out simple).

Now my question is, just like the others, how do I get a permanent effect like the lightning one (which I can only assume is LIGHTNING_SWORD_LEVEL_4 in effects.big) on my sword. The steps tell us that there are fields to put it in which certainly is true, there are many fields though and I am unsure which one to use and now I am asking rather than experimenting because the last one I tried resulted in me reinstalling Fable. I'm just curious, do I put the effect ID in the CDef slots for the weapon(there are only 2, this is what I tried changing when I had to reinstall) or do I open CSpecialEffectsDef and put it into a slot there (there are 10).

Bonus: Anyone who can solve the above for me as well as tell me which effect in effects.big is the Jack of Blades effect that creates the red swirly-ness when he hovers above you in the prison would be my hero. There are so many Jack of Blades effects rather than try them all I'd just ask.

EDIT: I tried changing the first of the 10 in CSpecialEffectsDef (it's default effect was something Fire or other...idk ID 155) to LIGHTNING_SWORD_LEVEL_4 and when I loaded up my game, i drew my Iron longsword but there were no effects whatsoever.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 April 2007 10:23]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message