Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » New here and need some help.
Re: New here and need some help. [message #64092 is a reply to message #64091] Sat, 23 July 2011 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
I am an admin, but I am opposed to private support discussions for things like this specifically because it is a common thing. The more answered posts like these there are, the more people will find them, read them, and benefit from them without making a new thread asking the same question. So it's alright, we will do this here.

Modding on the xbox. Interesting. I thought for sure the FMP would be incompatible for various reasons but if it loads and saves properly I guess you're almost good to go. All you need to do now is write a level script and stick the item in a chest somewhere.

Grab FreeRoam from our wiki, under utilities. Use that to dump the FinalAlbion.wad. Rename or delete the FinalAlbion.wad. The TNGs in the newly created FinalAlbion directory are plaintext files that can be opened in notepad. Find the one that corresponds with the map in which you want the item to be made available. Then it is as simple as copy/pasting a chest script, adjusting the coordinates, changing the items in the chest, and you're good to go.

Here I have provided a template chest script for you. You can get the OBJECT name from FE after loading the FMP. The number will be 14760+ and obviously it will be under OBJECTs. The coordinates will depend on the map. UID can be any number, but standard is 20 digits starting with 1844.

Toggle Spoiler

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message