Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Looking around.
Re: Looking around. [message #67353 is a reply to message #67352] Fri, 28 September 2012 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Lenop is currently offline  Lenop
Thank you morerunes. I know my way around a hex editor but some of these things look far more advanced than my level of skill can take on.

Some other things I've noticed is that meshes don't have their own collision. A disappointment when my player walked straight through the walls of my new building. I looked closer and it looks like collision is handled through external meshes, but FableExplorer doesn't export them the same way. And it looks like a different format from other meshes too. And it looks like their are different meshes for different states - like a door being open or closed, it will have two collision meshes for each, so I'm assuming that means no animated collision, which in turn means I can't make a windmill that blocks access. And, while I was noticing things, it looks like NPCs and creatures don't have collision, only a facsimile of it via hit detection. On the plus side, that means I don't have to deal with Havok physics but it has a lot of downsides, like my cool windmill won't work.

The more I look the more disappointed I become. Not by any fault of this community, no, seeing the blood and guts of Fable I can see that this community has come very far to mod it. Proprietary formats and custom floating points and bassackwards redundancies and obsolete data, this game is a mess. It's a shame that Lionhead didn't release so much as a single tool or any format specs so that people could make tools. I applaud you guys, having done so much to come this far. It's just a shame more can't be done. Sad

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Custom Hero Mods?
Next Topic: Creating FMPs more easily