Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Weapon Special Effects
Re: Weapon Special Effects [message #17802 is a reply to message #17760] Sat, 07 April 2007 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Paradigm wrote on Fri, 06 April 2007 18:50

Okay, I searched pretty hard for this and yes, I saw the topics on "the singing sword" and the short tutorial that accompanied them. Forgive my ignorance but that little 8 step process wasn't quite clear enough for me. I have gotten as far as opening the CSpecialEffectsDef and the CWeaponDef for OBJECT_IRON_LONGSWORD (starting out simple).

Now my question is, just like the others, how do I get a permanent effect like the lightning one (which I can only assume is LIGHTNING_SWORD_LEVEL_4 in effects.big) on my sword. The steps tell us that there are fields to put it in which certainly is true, there are many fields though and I am unsure which one to use and now I am asking rather than experimenting because the last one I tried resulted in me reinstalling Fable. I'm just curious, do I put the effect ID in the CDef slots for the weapon(there are only 2, this is what I tried changing when I had to reinstall) or do I open CSpecialEffectsDef and put it into a slot there (there are 10).

This is the longer version of the short tutorial Marco wrote down some time ago.

How To change the effect:

1. Make a backup of the game.bin

2. Start Fable Explorer (get it here).

3. Look for OBJECT in the scrollbar to your left.

4. Double-click OBJECT and scroll down until you find the weapon you want to change and double-click it.

5. In the new window click on the [+] in the left panel and click on 'CDefs'.

6. Find 'CWeaponDef' in the right panel, and click on the first link below it; 'Links to (GameBINENtryID):'.

7. In the new window click on the [+] in the left panel and click on 'CWeaponDef Particles' in the list.

8. In the panel on the right you'll see two '(int)Flourish Effect' with numbers next to it. Those numbers are the ID's of the effect in the 'effects.big'. (Double-click on the 'effects.big' in the top-left panel in Fable Explorer and on the [+] next to PARTICLE_MAIN_PC to explore the effects and their ID's.)

9. Change the numbers to change the effect (example: 773 is augment_fire_lightning_sword_01). I'd recommend changing both entry's to the same effect.

10. Click 'Apply Changes' in the 'CWeaponDef' window.

11. In the top bar in Fable Explorer, click 'Actions' and 'Save mods and run Fable'

12. Wait till Fable starts.

Important:
The effect isn't permanent, it only shows up if you have a flourish 'active'.

Also: Be careful with the effects you try, some WILL crash Fable.

I believe you can also use this method for other effects on weapons, you'll find those in the 'CSpecialEffectsDef' in the 'CDefs' listing.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Sat, 07 April 2007 15:44]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message