Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Help with new item texture =P
Re: Help with new item texture =P [message #37756 is a reply to message #37754] Thu, 07 February 2008 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
This completely duplicates the platinum armour, twice. One set is called AVO and the other is called SKORM.
Everything has it's own entries, so you can edit the textures without effecting anything else. You can change the text entries for each piece without changing the original. You can tweak and play with anything and it will have no effect on anything original. Also, I've included the suit entries as well, so that they can be pulled up from the suit menu in the clothing inventory.

24 text entries (All at the bottom of text.big)
12 textures (All at the bottom of textures.big)
24 models (All at the bottom of graphics.big)

34 game.bin entries
-10 CAppearanceModifierDefs
-2 CHeroSuitDefs
-10 CInventoryItemDefs
-10 OBJECTs
-2 THINGs
In the game.bin, all the entries have numbers higher than 14760 and will be sorted accordingly in each category, but won't be at the bottom, this is because it is sorted alphabetically by the number rather than numerically, so it would go like 1248, 1249, 125, 1250, 1251.

This mod also edits 6 of the INVENTORY_CATEGORY entries, so that the clothing inventories can hold two more items each. Any item that goes over the limit is just not added to the inventory, so if you have 20 boot clothing items (the limit is 20) you can't get anymore, this changes the limit to 22 so that this isn't a problem.

The other change is in 1 of the INVENTORY_TYPE entries, it simply adds the new suits in the suit menu.

I'm sure you know how to load textures, I just want to tell you to make sure you use DXT1 and set alpha to 0 (when a new texture is loaded it goes to 1 by default). If you already knew this, cool, I just wanted to make sure.

Again, it's all very complicated, that's what took this so long. Weapons are easy, but clothing is a pain in the ass because of the way it's handled by Fable.

If you need help spawning it, there's a guide in my signature, and if you still need help, let me know and I'll help you out. The names to use when spawning is as follows:

OBJECT_HERO_BOOTS_AVO
OBJECT_HERO_TROUSERS_AVO
OBJECT_HERO_SHIRT_AVO
OBJECT_HERO_GLOVES_AVO
OBJECT_HERO_HELMET_AVO
OBJECT_HERO_BOOTS_SKORM
OBJECT_HERO_TROUSERS_SKORM
OBJECT_HERO_SHIRT_SKORM
OBJECT_HERO_GLOVES_SKORM
OBJECT_HERO_HELMET_SKORM

As you can see, the entries for each set can be distinguished from the other by the name, one set has AVO, the other has SKORM.

I've tested this a lot, making sure the mod works in FE, but I haven't tested it in game. So if there is a problem let me know.

Edit: Fixed some grammar issues.
Also, 6 downloads already? It's been up for only a little while, only two people saw it (I think). Le shrug.

[Updated on: Thu, 07 February 2008 13:04]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message