Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » WINGS in fable WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA????
Re: WINGS in fable WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA???? [message #41938 is a reply to message #41934] Mon, 02 June 2008 08:27 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
I was using the dragon wings, scaled them down quite a bit and had them coming directly out of the Hero's back. You'll notice that I mentioned that the anims were pushing the bones back to where they belong, which is why the wings are separated and not attached to the Hero. I'm still throwing a few things together to get that working right.

As for making the appearance based on alignment, that could be done with a CAppearanceModifierDef if I made it a clothing item. Not sure how that would work with animations though. If I were to make it a clothing item, I'd have to either attach the wings to all shirts (if the wings themselves are a shirt item, you couldn't wear other shirts, like Jack's mask and helmets/hats).

There's a few things I still need to figure out, besides the obvious "why the hell does that happen and how do I fix it?". I'm not sure how the clipping prevention would be handled, like if I were to wear a shirt, if the wings would still be there. Another thing I'm not too familiar with is getting the Hero to do things that he isn't meant to do, like flap his wings. I'm thinking about having him do it as if it was of one of his idle animations, but I'd like to see if I could get the wings flapping while another animation is going, like sword swing + wings flap, roll + wings withdraw, standing in one spot staring around like a moron + wings stretch, etc. so that it would appear more natural and not something that has to be done voluntarily.

Now if only someone has done this before and could resolve my problems and give me some advice. Razz

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: minimaps
Next Topic: Hair Color- Customize
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 07 05:53:06 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02235 seconds