Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » [New] Sword of Legends/Sword Of Damnation
Re: [New] Sword of Legends/Sword Of Damnation [message #54621 is a reply to message #54620] Mon, 12 October 2009 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
You don't have to make new items. If you want to edit the existing items (and I agree with your reasoning in doing so) then you'll want to leave the OBJECT entries named as they are. And by leaving the items named as they are, you won't need to modify anything in order to make the weapon available, because they already are.

But, if you give them unique names, you'll need to have them spawned through a chest, barrel, searchable container, digging spot, fishing spot or just have it laying there on the ground somewhere, or instead of editing the map scripts you can have them spawn into the Hero's inventory, drop from a creature death or have it set to be a quest reward through the definitions.

None of that is my main point though, the main thing I'm trying to get across is that the OBJECT entries by themselves won't make any changes. You have to include the edited CDefs, text entries and anything else you edited (preferably [re]named) in the FMP or it won't do anything.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Hal Sword
Next Topic: Buster Sword (needs some texture help)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 17 02:14:15 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06564 seconds