Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Just a question.
Re: Just a question. [message #55111 is a reply to message #55110] Fri, 27 November 2009 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
I haven't run Fable with quests in quite some time, I can't even remember.

Anyway, the simplest way that I know (and only way that I know to be honest) is to edit the user.ini. Fine the ActivateQuest("Gameflow"); line and comment it out by adding // in front of the line (//ActivateQuest("Gameflow");) or erase it from the file completely (I recommend commenting it out though). You'll also want to edit the userst.ini. Comment out the SetStartingHolySite line. You can also change the value for SetStartingHolySite to the ScriptName of any holy site defined in the TNGs or GTG to have that be your initial spawn.

Start a new game. You'll start out in Lookout Point. There will be no quests, no quest NPCs (like the Guild Master), you will have no weapons, and you'll only have the clothes that are assigned to the Hero's CCreatureDef. You'll have no spells, no skill upgrades or anything else. You'll not be able to reach certain parts of Albion without making a teleport (but after you get there, you can use the Cullis Gates).

So, definitely add a chest with some basic essentials like gold, armour, weapons, misc. items, etc. And there you go, sandbox Albion.

Note: Saving can get screwed up from time to time. If it gets stuck on a "saving, please don't blah blah blah" but the mouse still moves, select another save slot and it should work. I don't think there are any autosaves/autoloads either.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: A Couple Questions From A Newb
Next Topic: Fable Explorer Tutorial
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 16 07:00:21 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04999 seconds