Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » New buyable houses, marriage and npc's
Re: Adding new buyable houses... I have searched... [message #55443 is a reply to message #55437] Wed, 30 December 2009 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Satoh wrote on Wed, 30 December 2009 06:10

My problem is this: All the women and some of the men in the world are in love with me, and I can find a place for them all... (also I seem to have somehow deleted two of the ones that particularly interested me due to having somewhat unique voice patterns... I tried to lead them from the guild to Bowerstone, but they still didn't recognize my new house... now they are mysteriously gone from the game and I have no way to recreate such unique NPCs... or any customized NPCs that aren't just normal randomized clones...)

You cannot take a villager to another village and marry them there as far as I know. But I must say my scripting is very rusty.
Villagers are connected to their village I believe. Hence if you want them to merry you, you'll need a house in the same village.

My first question is regarding how to add a new house, like the ones in BS, OV, etc. that are uninhabited and initially for sale...

http://fabletlcmod.com/wiki/doku.php?id=scripting:books_of_s cripts:building_spawning

My second question is, how do I create a custom NPC with specific clothing(and how much can I customize their appearance, am I limited to full outfits or can I choose each clothing piece) and specific vocal patterns... (I'm looking specifically at the female guild recruits that sound somewhat darker in personality, rather than bubbly and giddy...)

You can't change clothes, only do retextures. Thw clothing is part of their model.
As for the voice; change the CEntitySoundDef of the NPC to that of a female apprentice.

Lastly I'd like to know if it is possible to make them able to fight as well, since they seem to have weapon definitions and animations(you can see them sparring)

Change the CAppearanceDef of the NPC you want to be able to fight to that of a female apprentice/whisper/briar rose.
You might also need to change their BRAIN entry, but I'm not 100% sure on that one.

EDIT: My apologies for posting in the wrong area, I'm still getting used to the idea of certain things being considered 'scripting.' I will take more caution and consideration in placing my posts in the future.

My mistake. Thought this was about scripting only, but it isn't. Hence I've put it back where it was.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Wed, 30 December 2009 03:22]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Question: Cdefs to make a new creature
Next Topic: Trying to get started making new weapon...dont know what i need