Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Weapon Idea Factory
Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55486 is a reply to message #55149] Fri, 01 January 2010 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Satoh is currently offline  Satoh
One of them is lower poly than the other... and the textures shouldn't be black.... that's very odd...

I didn't make the horns square to save on polygons though... I intended it that way...

Also, I hadn't looked at fable's weapon models until just now... personally a budget of 1.2k polys seems a bit... high... I guess I'm just used to working on lowerpoly games.

If I were to add any more division to the bow though, I'd make the horns lumpier... to look more like the texture implies them... I may yet do that.

Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention Max and Blender my require you to reapply the textures to the materials... that could be why they look black. You could check the textures in photoshop to see if they somehow got messed up. They seem fine on my end so I don't know what the issue is.

I'm finishing up a sword mod at the moment. I decided since there were no good single pictures of Genie's greatsword (from Rune Soldier) I'd just make it myself.

Ironically even after going wayyyyy overboard with unnecessary amounts of detail on the beveling of the hilt, I still capped out at roughly 370 polygons or so if memory serves. Then again it is a straghtsword with very few actual curves, if any.

I imagine Arngrim's sword will be even lower. His hilt is literally a rhombus, doesn't take but 12 polys for that.

I should also note that Genie's sword is nearly twice as long as Avo's Tear, so it may dig into the dirt. I won't know until I test it, and considering I've yet to even try making a new weapon definition... that could be a while.

The model is here, in direct x format this time, and the texture and specular map are included, as well as a BMP version that my DX model viewer apparently needs to preview the file. I'm not sure where that program came from, maybe it's a windows function...? Anyway, if used, mention my name and Rune Soldier as the source. (if used for redistribution that is, if you just want to add it to your own game I don't really care if you credit me since you're the only one who's going to see it anyway.)

Rambling aside, here is the file.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Some Help Here
Next Topic: Making Towns Look Different.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 06:36:48 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04730 seconds