Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » car idea
Re: car idea [message #56088 is a reply to message #56087] Tue, 09 February 2010 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
The idea for a wooden DaVinci tank has crossed my mind, it's filed under "ideas that are absolutely crazy but would be fun."
For animations, all you would need is something spinning. So clockhand animations. But there are many, many problems. There would need to be four spinning things, so an animation that would spin four bones at the four centers of the four wheels. We can't do that. At least, I can't do that yet. I might be capable of that in the distant future.

Another problem is that, using the clockhand bones, you wouldn't be able to get the thing to move since the clocks don't exactly walk around. But you could use the root biped animation bone and then it would move around. But then you'd need to get animations that move the "tank" to spin the wheels at the same time. That is something that I won't be able to do. At all.

Then, possibly the biggest problem, is that tanks don't have arms with which to attack stuff. If you're thinking of using bow/crossbow/pumpaction crossbow/throwing things anims to make something of a turret on the "tank" move and fire, not going to happen. Just, not. No. No way. Nope.

I can think of a dozen other impracticalities and minor issues, some of which can be fixed and others have workarounds, but these here mentioned things are the biggest problems.

As a side-note, I've made an effort to learn much of what Keshire has learned, and I've made it a goal to learn even more than him and do something that he hasn't done. But as the months turn into years and as those years pass by, I seriously doubt that I will ever accomplish this.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: need help
Next Topic: Inventory bug
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 15 13:09:40 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04567 seconds