Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » b-morph help
Re: b-morph help [message #56311 is a reply to message #56310] Wed, 03 March 2010 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
lukdz wrote on Tue, 02 March 2010 21:04

what are the bone files that i have to change? all of them? or just the ones which numbers are like: 1.0; 1.0; 1.0?
If you want your Hero to have similar bone morphing as the one shown in the screenshot, you can simply use FE to remove the listings from the Hero's CHeroMorphDef (search, I swear to you I've instructed others how to do that a bajillion times). But if you want to take the other road, you can edit each BNCFG file that the CREATURE_HERO entry uses in its CHeroMorphDef. Changing them all to be the same will effectively remove bone morphing.

hero_berserk.bncfg*
hero_fat.bncfg*
hero_strong.bncfg
hero_strong_tall.bncfg**
hero_tall.bncfg
hero_teen_set.bncfg***
hero_weak.bncfg
hero_young_set.bncfg***

* You might want to leave these alone if you'd like him to get fat when he's, well, fat, and hulk up when he uses the berserk spell.
** Unused, you may leave this one alone or edit it, makes no difference.
*** Not used in morphing. If you remove the scaling in these files, the Hero will be the same size as a child and teen as he is when as an adult. One way to do this is to just change all the numbers to 1.0. Example:

Bip01 Spine2: 1.1, 1.5, 1.9;

Bip01 Spine2: 1.0, 1.0, 1.0;
You can use morerunes' tool to do this. It's really, really easy to do. Or, you can just empty out the files so that they all look like this:

Creature_type: CREATURE_HERO;
#Start_group_settings
#End_group_settings
#Start_Bone_data
#End_bone_data

And finally, one last alternative. In my tests, I've found that by simply removing the last line, the empty line at the very bottom, by just making the file end at where it says #End_bone_data, the file doesn't work, but the game doesn't crash. This may or may not work for you. It worked for me when I was doing my balverine bone tests. Actually, I shouldn't say it worked for me, more like I found out that it was this little thing that kept it from working for me.
nicomon wrote on Tue, 02 March 2010 22:33

You only have to make backups if you don't plan on re-installing Fable every single time you make a modding mistake.
Aye. You screw up a file, you don't have a backup, you don't want to reinstall and lose every edit you've made, but you don't know how to repair the one broken entry here or the one borked file there, then you're just screwed because there's nothing you can do. So, as a precaution, make backups.

[Updated on: Wed, 03 March 2010 00:19]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Questions about FreeRoam, and AE
Next Topic: Albion Explorer Help needed!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 22 18:43:07 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04254 seconds