Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Outfit - Modification of Guard Uniform
Re: Outfit - Modification of Guard Uniform [message #57070 is a reply to message #56466] Sun, 02 May 2010 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dorian Saignren
I was able to find and alter them, but as you said I'd like to have it separate. After a fashion I had started trying to figure out how to make outfits myself, but it took a while and I couldn't figure out very well. I did discover how to modify the outfit eventually, but I did come across one problem with the textures myself. The guard outfit textures are under files for every black guard, so in order to alter them I wound up altering all the black guard textures except for their left boot and their hat. I still haven't found the texture for their left boot either... The hat is under a separate hat for the hero though... As for the bandit glove, I found the texture for that one also, but that took a little more digging. Still, I did modify how I wanted the outfit, I think I'll rewrite the outfit again after a while, but to get the hard part out of the way I'll simply tell you the parts I wanted now.

Guard Hat
Guard Shirt
Guard Pants
Bandit Gloves
Assassin Boots
Assassin's Mask (I got the separated one and merged it with the hat because I wanted one item to change for viewing the face, but the mesh for the separated one glitches with the Guard Shirt in some places, would be nice if you could fix that too ^_^ )

The color scheme is much the same, and in fact I can get you pics of the temporary solution I came up with for RP purposes until I can figure out how to make the outfit myself. I'll link the images I used below.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z12/Raziel_Shadowchild/fr ont-back-view.jpg

PS: I'll update with the texture locations when I get my own computer back up and running, for now it's all disconnected and junk and tonight has been quite the unusual and exhausting night.

EDIT: The following are the locations of the textures I edited for the outfit. All are located in the textures.big, though some won't be easily visible right away due to file-paths, all are searchable though:

ID-1941: TEXTURE_GUARD_LEGS_BLACK_01
Contains the texture for the pants and the right boot, left boot still eludes me.
ID-1942: TEXTURE_GUARD_TORSO_BLACK_01
Contains the texture for the guard shirt and gloves.
ID-849: TEXTURE_HERO_GUARD_HAT_NEUTRAL
Obviously the texture for the guard hat.
ID-800: TEXTURE_HERO_ASSASSIN_BOOTS_NEUTRAL
Texture for the assassin boots.
ID-1560: TEXTURE_BANDIT_TORSO_B_04
Finally, a small section of this is the texture for the gloves.

If you need more locations of anything, be sure to ask, I should be able to find them again. For now though, I've still got a lot to take care of around the house and I gotta find a job now too so I'm not going to be doing much modding myself if at all.

"If you are a dreamer, come in.
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean buyer.
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire,
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in! Come in!"
-Shel Silverstein

[Updated on: Mon, 03 May 2010 23:12]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message