Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » War Simulation
Re: War Simulation [message #58067 is a reply to message #58066] Sat, 26 June 2010 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
constantinecs wrote on Sun, 27 June 2010 01:09

Ok, going to my idea now. Is it even remotely possible to have a custom quest...
Stop. No, that is not possible.
constantinecs wrote on Sun, 27 June 2010 01:09

I have read about people spawning armies of 50+ bandits and raiding towns. But is it possible to have spawn 50+ guards on one side of...lets say... Greatwood Entrance and have them fight 50+ spawned bandits? Or if the game cannot handle 100+ people on the screen, can I spawn smaller numbers?
Sure, but you'll also want to edit their seeing and hearing radius so that even on opposite sides of the largest maps, they'll be able to detect each other and purse a fight.

Look for links in the CREATURE entries for CPerceivedThingDef, CCreatureDef, CCreatureStatsDef, BRAIN... I think that's it. If you see anything else there that is named such that it might have something you'll want to edit, investigate. Everything that you'll need to edit will be labeled.

Some further editing might also be needed to get them interested in charging their targets rather than simply not giving a damn because of how far apart they are.

For this, you'll want to look in COMBAT_SEQUENCE (or is it COMBAT_STYLE... or COMBAT_TYPE... not sure) and BRAIN.

Once your edits are done, just spawn however many you want where ever you want (but do try to get them somewhere where there is navdata) and see what happens. You may also want to edit what weapons they have and how much health they have to help with any balance issues.

[Updated on: Sat, 26 June 2010 23:35]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Maze Outfit Problem
Next Topic: Why is my torso invisible?????
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 06:05:21 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08597 seconds