Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » War Simulation
Re: War Simulation [message #58069 is a reply to message #58068] Sun, 27 June 2010 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
constantinecs wrote on Sun, 27 June 2010 01:48

But before I start, can I give my allies a path to walk/run themselves to so they actually perceive the threat and to in turn make them give a damn about there being an army of enemies waiting to fight them?
Only the path already given them in the default game. Where ever there is navdata, they can walk. Anywhere without it, they won't budge. The only exception is TwinBlade, but I've applied this exception to other NPCs and the result wasn't as hoped. What ended up happening was the enemies would charge directly towards me and ignore the allies... and the allies would charge directly towards me and ignore the enemies.

constantinecs wrote on Sun, 27 June 2010 01:48

And concerning NavData....
from the posts I have read recently this particular thing confuses me. I understand that without FreeRoam even you as the PC are unable to travel in filler areas. As for NPCs they are able to operate as they normally would, yet not walk because of the lack of NavData. But my particular question is, say a spawn a flat area up in the air, spawn my NPC allies and enemies up there. If that area is capable of being walked on in the main game where ever it was, could the NPCs walk on it despite the lack of NavData on the filler map, or do no items have NavData of their own and it is only found on areas where you are able to walk in the first place?
No. The navdata doesn't operate on a third dimension except in special places like buildings with a second floor (pubs, bordello, guild, a few houses, bridge in Oakvale). Even that is done in such a way that it wouldn't work in three dimensions, more like two dimensions (X,Y) on two different Z planes.

So, if the platforms in the sky were made over an area that has navdata, they'll be able to walk on it. Otherwise, they'll not wander more than a few inches from the spot you spawned them at.

The navdata is written right into the LEVs (level files), and while it can be edited with AlbionExplorer or ChocolateBox, the results are more than a tad buggy at best. Until we have exact specs on the navdata and a specialized tool for editing navdata, I'll go ahead and say that a layman probably shouldn't mess with it.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Maze Outfit Problem
Next Topic: Why is my torso invisible?????
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 06:16:29 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05569 seconds