Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » What is The Max Polygon Count on a Fable Armor Mesh?
Re: What is The Max Polygon Count on a Fable Armor Mesh? [message #59696 is a reply to message #59695] Wed, 13 October 2010 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
I'm not sure of the exact number, but I've seen 50k vert meshes work (that's still way too high) and I've seen 80k vert meshes make FableExplorer explode. I'm only assuming the magic number is 65k, my computer isn't strong enough for me to thoroughly test this.

Oh, and I would highly recommend taking a look at the Hero mesh and a full suit of armor (boots, trousers, shirt, gloves, helmet) in 3DS or whatever you're using to see how it's put together, but also to see our limitations. There are a lot of things we'd like to do, and then there are the things we can do, which is sadly much less than what we'd like.

Edit: I don't think I ever clarified what would be "pushing it". Keep it under 20k verts. Better if it were under 10k verts. We're not making CGI movies here.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 October 2010 15:59]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message