Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » PC version of Anniversary... hmmm...
Re: PC version of Anniversary... hmmm... [message #70247 is a reply to message #70246] Fri, 04 April 2014 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
xxNick is currently offline  xxNick
Sparrow wrote on Fri, 04 April 2014 02:52

In FE it says it opens bbb files (.wad) so I changed the meshes.bbb to meshes.wad but no luck when trying to open it.

No surprise. You could try renaming it to .big but my guess is the format is changed. For textures probably not too much, but I'm betting they changed up the way they handled collision, animations and models on a drastic level.

Sparrow wrote on Fri, 04 April 2014 02:52

Did the meshes you extracted include the bones and skinweights? Then we can just throw them into the current Fable, no?

Nope. For the same reason. If they're using the exact same format, yes, but only if there's nothing silly like a platform flag. Even the smallest little change will break it, and make it so manual editing will be required to get it into FE and in a state that won't crash TLC.
Depending on how different the format is, it will require a conversion. Export from F:A, import to 3DS, export as DirectX, import to FE, which by itself rules out bringing over anything dynamic.

These are the stupidest limitations to be having. Back in the days of yore, the limitations were things like not being able to go over 255 of something, or only being able to have so many things on-screen at one time because the 333MHz cpus couldn't handle it. Now it's mostly formats and hardcoded hocus pocus. With the later Fable games it was sheer file structure madness, and the limitation was your hard drive's MFT. Can't wait to see what limitations there are on Anniversary.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message