Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Fable: The New World [WIP Topic - Release in Packages]
Re: Fable: The New World [message #55814 is a reply to message #55807] Tue, 19 January 2010 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Actually, I may look into it. If I can get the heightmaps it may be rather simple to make a simple minimap. It may not have a lot of detail, but it would be better than nothing.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Fable: The New World [message #55815 is a reply to message #55814] Tue, 19 January 2010 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warischoy is currently offline  warischoy
morerunes wrote on Tue, 19 January 2010 09:45

Actually, I may look into it. If I can get the heightmaps it may be rather simple to make a simple minimap. It may not have a lot of detail, but it would be better than nothing.

good to know that!

only mods at christmas, easter and summer holiday when i am in hong kong.
the rest i study in england and my mum won't let me bring my laptop.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #55818 is a reply to message #55814] Tue, 19 January 2010 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Ah, I should start reading the forums before reading PMs. No, you won't find anything of interest in the heightmaps if you're looking to come up with a minimap. What I would recommend, and this is long and tedious and difficult and boring as well is rebuilding the region in 3DS or Blender (1 TNG unit is equal to 100 3DS units or 1 meter), then producing an overhead render. Doesn't have to be fancy, just boxes for buildings, a large plane for the ground, just have the boxes in the right place and it will look decent enough. Then, just edit the render to fit 256x256 pixels, cropping and scaling as needed.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #55820 is a reply to message #55818] Tue, 19 January 2010 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Butts is currently offline  James Butts
Or you could take a screenshot from a distance with a modded camera and dull out the colors if necessary. Just a thought.

Dammit
Re: Fable: The New World [message #55821 is a reply to message #55820] Tue, 19 January 2010 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
You could get a better quality image going through the render. I'd also recommend using simple shapes to outline walkable paths... not walkable areas, but paths that you would use to get around, I don't really know how to explain this so I hope you just understand what I mean. And I know Photoshop has a filter called Poster Edges that darkens the edges around these things, would make it look more like the minimaps Fable has.

Also, if you look at the minimaps, you'll notice that all of them have what look like imperfections, like scratched glass laying over it, you could try to take them from existing minimaps and add it to your own to make it fit in more with the others, though that would require something I'm not aware of. Maybe you or someone else here will know how to do that.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #55822 is a reply to message #55821] Wed, 20 January 2010 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

I have generated a functional (albeit butt-ugly) minimap for my extended Lookout Point map. Check it out:

http://morerunes.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/minimap-copy.png

http://morerunes.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/1-19-2010-10.41.22-PM.jpg

I’m going to redo the map, make it look nicer, but it is pretty accurate. Just need to clean up some of those teleporters and completely redo the minimap now that I have a nice template.

Thank you Baystone and CBox

-- edit --

warischoy: The teleporters, now that you point it out, are from when I was connecting regions. Instead of deleting the teleporters I had moved them up into the air, in case I needed them again. I'll remove them in the Final Beta.

[Updated on: Wed, 20 January 2010 09:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55826 is a reply to message #55822] Wed, 20 January 2010 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I personally like that better than the default maps, it's good.

Dammit
Re: Fable: The New World [message #55835 is a reply to message #55826] Wed, 20 January 2010 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/2327/1202010103134pmx.jpg

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7672/minimapcopy.png

Done. Tell me what you think please ^^

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55836 is a reply to message #55835] Wed, 20 January 2010 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
That has to be the best custom minimap I've seen... the only other ones I've seen were my own, I did my best but, well you know how these things go. Good work. Smile
Re: Fable: The New World [message #55838 is a reply to message #55836] Thu, 21 January 2010 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Very nice indeed.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #55848 is a reply to message #55838] Thu, 21 January 2010 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Thank you!

I actually used a few screenshots, one of closeups of two or three of the larger buildings/bridges, one of the entire map, and another of the entire map with gigantic red dots spawned over roads. I used the one with the red dots as a template to draw the roads and the pools of water, and the regular one replaced it once I was done. Then I just copied over a few landmarks and bridges to put on top of the road.

Oh yeah, and I also messed around with CBox's ini files to get rid of "imposters" and grid lines.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 January 2010 03:57]

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55849 is a reply to message #39589] Thu, 21 January 2010 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the minimap is nice and easy to see,
but i think you need to make the colours a duller. i don't really likr the yellow colours on the field, i think it might look better changeing it to the original greyish green fable colour.
when you connect the regions you show part of the previous region 's map as well, so maybe you could make it so the previous region's part of the minimap is darker by a shade than the present region's minimap instead of usuing a totally opposite colour.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 January 2010 05:01]

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55850 is a reply to message #55848] Thu, 21 January 2010 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Individual is currently offline  Individual
leave it lol...it looks good! makes the mini map easier to use

INDIVIDUALITY - Always remember that you are special and unique, just like everybody else!

SOME PEOPLE - Are just like Slinkys. They aren't really good for anything but you can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #55851 is a reply to message #39589] Thu, 21 January 2010 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
true but it makes it look like a runescape map. (quite low quality).

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55852 is a reply to message #55851] Thu, 21 January 2010 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Runescape?

I like it because you can actually use the map to locate more than just exits and mobs

INDIVIDUALITY - Always remember that you are special and unique, just like everybody else!

SOME PEOPLE - Are just like Slinkys. They aren't really good for anything but you can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #55853 is a reply to message #39589] Thu, 21 January 2010 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
true, but i just don't like the color.

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55854 is a reply to message #55853] Thu, 21 January 2010 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Best map evar!!! Me Likes!

Dammit
Re: Fable: The New World [message #55855 is a reply to message #55853] Thu, 21 January 2010 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Thanks for the feedback ^^

warischoy wrote on Thu, 21 January 2010 07:53

true, but i just don't like the color.

As for the color, I had to make it rather saturated as it seems to have a low saturation in-game. It's not perfect, but it's certainly better than the original map or my first draft, as it is neither inaccurate nor does it share the visual appeal of a cat that fell into a trash compactor.

warischoy wrote on Thu, 21 January 2010 06:46

when you connect the regions you show part of the previous region 's map as well, so maybe you could make it so the previous region's part of the minimap is darker by a shade than the present region's minimap instead of usuing a totally opposite colour.

The color changes because you go from a green place (lookout point) to a largely orange place (greatwood). Case closed.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 January 2010 09:37]

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55859 is a reply to message #39589] Thu, 21 January 2010 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got an idea,
in original fable,when your enermy chops you their sword goes right through.
so maybe you could make it so in the new world, when you wear plate or chain armour, your enemy's swords don't go right through you and bounce off instead, just like the block effect, but still hurt you. it might make the game easier but it makes the game more realistic.
i tried to do it before, by changing the materials metal( the deflect hits bit), the armour entrys( to change materials) and also the object ( can't remember) maybe you might be successful!

by the way,
what is thw sword in that picture? looks like a spring sword, quite cool.

[Updated on: Fri, 22 January 2010 04:49]

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55860 is a reply to message #55859] Thu, 21 January 2010 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

http://img41.imageshack.us/i/fable2009070600040153.png/

It is also in a picture on the first post, Glaedr's Ring Hammer or something. A hammer I made a while ago.

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55863 is a reply to message #39589] Fri, 22 January 2010 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice hammer, i didn't notice it was a hammer,, since i only saw half of the hammer. Very Happy
will it be in the new world?
also are you going to add all of gwas and newitempack in the new world?
just an add on to the idea, maybe you could also increase the prize of the plate armour and make it less common.
i kinda want to join in the project, but there is not much i can do. maybe i can do the boring stuff like changing shop keeper's stock or something like that.

and i read the fable bare thread:

Proposal:

1)remove all story elements.
2)re-wire all quests to activate at thier location, instead of guild.
3)Increase the overall Difficulty (remove objects from barrels, remove easily obtainable legendary weapons, etc etc)
4)correct the infinite undead spawning in the graveyard.
5)consolidate teleporters to bowerstone/Oakvale/hookcoast/knotholglade and only those areas. (The rest you have to take on foot)
6)attempt to kill the guild seal teleport.
7)removal of the chapels. Leave a statue, font, and give the player the pray expression. But no actual effects.
8)Better use of the statue master scripting other than rewards. Such as Undead raids on Oakvale. See if we can randomize Scythe appearing with them.
9)Demon Doors should be just that. Demons. The Evil demon door should open up to the prison out of spite. The Fat demon door should trap you inside with a room full of pies and no escape.
The Renown Demon Door should be added in and pointed to a fight with all the rival heroes.
10)The Sword in the Stone should be placed in the middle of Bowerstone. "The one who pulls the sword is the true heir". Open the grey house afterwards. Lose the entire lady grey storyline.

i agree with most but i don't think you should get rid of the champels, and maybe the fat demon door shouldn'trap you because without guildseal, you can't get out. and i don't think you should lose the lady gray story line.
and the rest are good ideas.

[Updated on: Fri, 22 January 2010 05:14]

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55864 is a reply to message #55863] Fri, 22 January 2010 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Uhh, that sounds more like Conquest.

All Fable Bare was going to do is remove a bunch of stuff from the game world, kill all the scenery. Which I eventually decided I didn't want to do.

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55865 is a reply to message #55864] Fri, 22 January 2010 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Check this out, the Eviscerator Greatmace.

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/3058/1232010123707am.jpg

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5986/1232010123614am.jpg

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/8362/1232010123623am.jpg

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/892/1232010123637am.jpg

I think my modeling and texturing skills have improved ^^
I built that whole thing out of three cubes, that I extruded subdivided translated rotated and manipulated.

[Updated on: Fri, 22 January 2010 22:55]

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55866 is a reply to message #55865] Sat, 23 January 2010 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive been practicing still nothing actually finished Razz

great job that looks great! cant wait to see TNW finished

[Updated on: Sat, 23 January 2010 00:37]

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55890 is a reply to message #39589] Mon, 25 January 2010 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice mace! Very Happy
i bielieve this project to be a full expension pack, so more weapons is required.
but i think there are enough leandary weapons but not enough normal class weapons.
we have 4 classes of normall weapons: iron, steel, obsitdian and master. we should have more weapon materials. like marcoplo have made the amber set or maybe actually make a set of crystal weaopons like master was intended to be. also you can get permition and use the darkensoul ice weapon set without replaceing the iron set. also, maybe a thrasher set?
most of the work is retexturing or a little bit of modell editing to make it look cooler.

and i have a weapon idea... Icicle( ice spikes).
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3445/3215151835_fd979a145f.jpg?v=0

[Updated on: Mon, 25 January 2010 04:58]

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55891 is a reply to message #55865] Mon, 25 January 2010 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's awesome. You're getting really damn good at that.

Dammit
Re: Fable: The New World [message #55896 is a reply to message #55890] Mon, 25 January 2010 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

warischoy wrote on Mon, 25 January 2010 05:14

we should have more weapon materials. like marcoplo have made the amber set or maybe actually make a set of crystal weaopons like master was intended to be. also you can get permition and use the darkensoul ice weapon set without replaceing the iron set. also, maybe a thrasher set?
most of the work is retexturing or a little bit of modell editing to make it look cooler.

and i have a weapon idea... Icicle( ice spikes).
(picture)

I will probably make a ceramic set, a brass set, and perhaps a crystal set, and add them as random drops from various bandits and enemies. If I do make a full Thrasher set (I have actually attempted to make Thrasher Platemail in the past, but I am not sure I am quite skilled enough yet), it won't be a part of The New World most likely.

James Butts wrote on Mon, 25 January 2010 09:23

That's awesome. You're getting really damn good at that.

Thank you! I recently watched a cool texturing tutorial on YouTube, I'll try to post a link to it here.

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55897 is a reply to message #55896] Mon, 25 January 2010 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[/quote]

If I do make a full Thrasher set (I have actually attempted to make Thrasher Platemail in the past, but I am not sure I am quite skilled enough yet), it won't be a part of The New World most likely.

[/quote]

not good enough? you are joking, you are one of the best!
also, the summoner's plate armour is also a good addition to our tnw. i think the thrasher retexture on the normall plate armour wouldn't look to good but it would look more...right? with the summoner armour.

summoner armour. basically a hood summoner, with the electric bones part(leggings) of chainmail retexture.

[Updated on: Mon, 25 January 2010 11:10]

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55899 is a reply to message #55897] Mon, 25 January 2010 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Thrasher Platemail is a no go, and I don't think summoner armor would fit.

warischoy wrote on Mon, 25 January 2010 13:02

not good enough? you are joking, you are one of the best!

Thank you, but I've got a long way to go, I haven't even taken any classes yet XD

However, here's pics of the new Avo's Will Torch, it glows!

It says "Retribution is Imminent" around it.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/3368/125201045729pm.jpg
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/3399/125201045714pm.jpg
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5930/125201045833pm.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 25 January 2010 15:03]

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55920 is a reply to message #39589] Tue, 26 January 2010 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice handle,
really like it. consider making the actual laser the same as the handle glow?? then it would look more like a laser and better. now it kinda hurts my eyes because of the brightness. Very Happy
are you going to make the whole set?

also, ideas again. i know...
maybe you could add runestones to the game as a augmentation.
like in the describion you need runestone a,b,c,d to get to full power for example, and the weapon has four slots.
then maybe you could make the weapon glow brighter or get stronger when you add more runestones. if you have no runestones added to the weapon, it is unactivated like the frying pan.
hard to do, i don't know how it works but worth a try.

also is this gonna be in tnw?
you make lots of good weapons but never release it. Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Tue, 26 January 2010 05:07]

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55927 is a reply to message #55920] Tue, 26 January 2010 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Thanks ^^
All of these weapons are for TNW, that's why they're in this thread =p

That ring mace is the predecessor to the one in the picture in the first post, and I don't plan on using it, although if other people want it I may re-create it.

As for the runestones, I like the idea, but I can't restrict the runestones to only Avo's Will Torch, unless I did something like only give the player runestones during cutscenes and take the torch and give them an augmented version, but I don't want to do that.

As for the brightness and color of the Will Torch, I don't know anything about editing effects, and neither the wiki nor the effect explorer program has given me any idea on what to mess with in the effect (and as I understand the effect explorer does not actually save changes, right? I must have been mistaken, I took a second look at the post with the effect explorer, and it says nothing of the sort. I'll mess with it when I get home)

[Updated on: Tue, 26 January 2010 09:39]

Re: Fable: The New World [message #55929 is a reply to message #55927] Tue, 26 January 2010 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes wrote on Tue, 26 January 2010 09:34

As for the runestones, I like the idea, but I can't restrict the runestones to only Avo's Will Torch, unless I did something like only give the player runestones during cutscenes and take the torch and give them an augmented version, but I don't want to do that.

don't have to do that.
i am keen on the runestone idea, maybe you could just make it so the runestones are just a higher level augumentation and make it harder to find.

Re: Fable: The New World [message #56534 is a reply to message #39589] Tue, 23 March 2010 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorian Saignren
heh, I had an idea you could possibly incorporate into this ^_^ I just got the puke mod, and you know how there's bulimia in real life? why not put it into Fable TNW? Use the puke mod to reduce your weight, but make it cost something like maby health or mana ^_^

"If you are a dreamer, come in.
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean buyer.
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire,
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in! Come in!"
-Shel Silverstein
icon5.gif  Re: Fable: The New World [message #56839 is a reply to message #56534] Tue, 13 April 2010 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Hey, I'm a newbie here and I've been looking at this for quite some time.(That being about an hour and a half. XD)Anyway, I haven't seen an update in percentage of how far along the project is. Sooo.... what I'm trying to ask is... about how much longer will this take? Confused

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #56842 is a reply to message #56839] Tue, 13 April 2010 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

I don't really know for sure, but I hope to get it up this summer

Re: Fable: The New World [message #56844 is a reply to message #56842] Wed, 14 April 2010 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Alright, thanks. Also, I have a suggestion. Do you think it would be possible for once you master every neutral and good or evil spell, you get a new weapon and spell? The weapon would essentially be a sword I haven't thought of a good look, but the spell would make it either a black or white glowing flaming sword(black for evil white for good obviously).

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.

[Updated on: Wed, 14 April 2010 13:07]

Re: Fable: The New World [message #56846 is a reply to message #56844] Wed, 14 April 2010 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

I wish I could do that

Re: Fable: The New World [message #56848 is a reply to message #56846] Wed, 14 April 2010 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Well, it is possible to make alignment-based scripts. The Hook_Fresco_01_EvilEpilogue and Hook_Fresco_02_GoodEpilogue quest sections (used in the Fresco Dome for the good/evil fresco painting) can be used to spawn an alignment-based chest. So you can have an evil chest with evil armor/weapons and same for good.

Spells, no. Aside from us not being able to do new spells, any existing spell we put in a chest would still be accessible through the experience pedestal. But we could make the first step for that spell prohibitively expensive, requiring a billion experience or something, and have the spell object dummy in the chest to bypass this, but there's nothing else that I can think of.

Would be a good way to keep people from using the divine/unholy spells until a certain point in the game though, might be something to consider for balance.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #56856 is a reply to message #56848] Thu, 15 April 2010 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well you wouldn't want it at a billion now... a million would be tough. I myself would try it at 1.5 million, but that's just me. Because you don't want it too tough or no one will be able to use it, which is why i say a billion is too much.

Re: Fable: The New World [message #56859 is a reply to message #39589] Thu, 15 April 2010 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dorian Saignren
I think he means that the experience would be to prevent anyone from getting it period until they get the chest. So a billion would be a good value, preventing them from getting the first level until they get the chest which would bypass that. Still, that wouldn't prevent idiots from trying to get it anyway, probably working with their own mods to spawn super XP potions (I've done that myself but for regular leveling)

"If you are a dreamer, come in.
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean buyer.
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire,
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in! Come in!"
-Shel Silverstein
Previous Topic: Fable Conquest v3
Next Topic: Twinblades Sword - (Replaces Stick)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 03:28:48 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01351 seconds