Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Level Scripting » Ashenvale (Formerly Marcoville)  () 3 Votes
Re: no its not called marcoville :P [message #7723 is a reply to message #5988] Sat, 29 April 2006 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heinami is currently offline  Heinami

You know I always do Mark..Talk to me on MSN sometime or just give me it...

Re: no its not called marcoville :P [message #7724 is a reply to message #5988] Sat, 29 April 2006 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
slayer-reaper6 is currently offline  slayer-reaper6

i wish im on the xbox version of tlc. your town is genius i hope you make many more towns and post the progress for us to see. the beta is probably for pc so i think i may pic up a pc version ive seen alot of cool mods for it.

slayer-reaper6

scythes nig
Re: no its not called marcoville :P [message #7808 is a reply to message #5988] Wed, 03 May 2006 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

is there anyway to change what the exteriors on the buildings look like? cuz if so you should make some of the houses look dark and old kingdomish. like towers off of them and dark brick. i think that would look nasty. change charactures so like the bard is the better bard and if theres like a grave keeper scythe or a town of bandits. i think there are many ways you can do stuff on that just keep doing what your doing!

slayer-reaper6

scythes nig
Re: no its not called marcoville :P [message #7823 is a reply to message #7808] Wed, 03 May 2006 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcopolo is currently offline  Marcopolo

sory i dont think thats possible until we can model new buildings unfortunately

if i just over lapped stuff ten it would obviously have clipping problems

i might be able to change some colours if i felt like it
you could try it yourself just look throught the textures file and changed the building's skin

There once was a member of this land,
a humorous posting he planned,
but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
and now he has found himself banned.
Re: no its not called marcoville :P [message #7830 is a reply to message #5988] Thu, 04 May 2006 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i havent started modding yet im only 15 and im looking for a job to fund my modding. i just think making it look like what we think the old kingdom would look like would be nasty. i have always wanted too see the kingdom of archon the ruins look nasty and i hope they make an old kingdom version.

slayer-reaper6

scythes nig
Re: no its not called marcoville :P [message #7840 is a reply to message #7830] Fri, 05 May 2006 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
As far as Xbox compatibility goes, this kind of mod would work as the files required are the same as on the PC once you have a decompiled WAD. Other mods are not usable cross-platform, at least not easily Laughing .

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.

[Updated on: Fri, 05 May 2006 05:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: no its not called marcoville :P [message #7845 is a reply to message #5988] Fri, 05 May 2006 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Darkstorm is currently offline  Darkstorm
could you make a tatooist that sells custom tattos not just the ones that you make up but a whole new range of them?Also could you make a bloke who chases a chicken around the area?
Re: no its not called marcoville :P [message #7851 is a reply to message #7845] Fri, 05 May 2006 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

im not so sure if the chicken is possible but i can and probably will put the tatooist in

but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
Re: no its not called marcoville :P [message #7857 is a reply to message #5988] Sat, 06 May 2006 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

there would have to be like a track for the chicken chaser to follow so im not sure if that would work. a town of heros and assasins!

slayer-reaper6

scythes nig
Re: no its not called marcoville :P [message #7869 is a reply to message #7857] Sat, 06 May 2006 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

ok just thought i might mention that it might be a while before i release anything or for that matter anything finished for the town because my attention is currently focused on the bowerstone rebuild for fable harsh

but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
Re: no its not called marcoville :P [message #14579 is a reply to message #7869] Thu, 16 November 2006 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

ok marco needs help

my harddrive caught fire and i lost everything, does anyone i send this to still have it and could still give it back to me?

Crying or Very Sad

but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
Re: no its not called marcoville :P [message #14600 is a reply to message #14579] Fri, 17 November 2006 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

heh sorry for the triple post but thanks to oldboy i have my town back

i've decided on a new name and the framework of a new story

the new name is ashenvale, it is oakvale's twin city. the storyt will be somewhere anong the lines of: there were two brother architects that built the major cities of albion, they were always competing to be the best so one day they agreed on a competition, they were to buils two twin cities in their own styles, one brother had built bowerstone and the other had stuck more to the smaller villages and was therefore not well known. the older of the two brothers who had designed bowerstone built the town ashenvale and the younger brother built oakvale...

i havent thought of any more story for the town but if anyone wants to do a littel story or soemthing with the above as a base idea then i'd be happy to put it in my mod and give the appropriate credit.

so here's calling short story writers

hope some of the people who wrote the jack of blades ones appear out of the woodwork again, those were some good stories.

Marcopolo

but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,

[Updated on: Fri, 17 November 2006 20:20]

Re: Ashenvale sister city to oakvale (It's really Marcoville!) [message #15090 is a reply to message #5988] Fri, 08 December 2006 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sniperdesign
hi yeah can i please have a download for it if possable

\"Wednesday we sacrifice virgin chickens and take their blood,
Thursday we annoint ourselves with said blood,
Friday is poker night.\" : overheard from a shadow-worshiper
Re: Ashenvale sister city to oakvale (It's really Marcoville!) [message #15101 is a reply to message #15090] Sun, 10 December 2006 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

it's really not that finished yet, i may release a beta soon but it needs a bit of fishishing before people with no knowledge of the town well be able to find the secrets and stuff

but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
Re: Ashenvale sister city to oakvale (It's really Marcoville!) [message #15119 is a reply to message #5988] Mon, 11 December 2006 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sniperdesign
yes thanks please when you finish can you give me a download please

Re: Ashenvale sister city to oakvale (It's really Marcoville!) [message #15121 is a reply to message #5988] Mon, 11 December 2006 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
SniperDesign

yes thanks please when you finish can you give me a download please

Marco is busy with real life as well as this mod and has only recently recieved his new hard drive so I wouldn't expect anything too soon.

When he is ready to release the beta or a final release it will be put up here for everyone and not supplied to individual people who request links.

But what we put there.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 December 2006 00:36]

Re: Ashenvale sister city to oakvale (It's really Marcoville!) [message #15124 is a reply to message #15121] Mon, 11 December 2006 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

yeah, what he said...

but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
Re: Ashenvale sister city to oakvale (It's really Marcoville!) [message #15126 is a reply to message #5988] Mon, 11 December 2006 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sniperdesign
sorry

Re: Ashenvale sister city to oakvale (It's really Marcoville!) [message #15194 is a reply to message #5988] Fri, 15 December 2006 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
victim_of_a_beutiful_life is currently offline  victim_of_a_beutiful_life
ive got a suggestion. just to add to the effect of the game, add some plants *i dont really remeber what section in graffics they are under*. but it would make the area alot preaty and make it meld better with the rest of albion. just a thought though.
Re: Ashenvale sister city to oakvale (It's really Marcoville!) [message #15195 is a reply to message #5988] Fri, 15 December 2006 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

yeah i got an idea that you could use the clock at lady greys house and make a clock tower in the middle of town like a huge one.

slayer-reaper6

scythes nig
Re: Ashenvale sister city to oakvale (It's really Marcoville!) [message #15210 is a reply to message #15195] Sat, 16 December 2006 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TruYuri is currently offline  TruYuri
I really wish I had noticed this before. It's awesome.

I'm wondering though. How exactly do you make a new town like this? Through Gmax/3ds Max?

EDIT: Also, how did you take the birds-eye view screenshot?

[Updated on: Sat, 16 December 2006 20:55]

Re: Ashenvale sister city to oakvale (It's really Marcoville!) [message #15237 is a reply to message #5988] Tue, 19 December 2006 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kamahl is currently offline  kamahl
this is really a really cool idea, im glad some ones doing it!
i hope the beta is coming out soon, i want to be able to go into the town...and another i dea, is why not make shops? you could put stuff from all over into the game....you could change items and make them into stuff like swords people have made, and sell those...if you get what im talking about, lol.
Re: Ashenvale sister city to oakvale (It's really Marcoville!) [message #15256 is a reply to message #5988] Wed, 20 December 2006 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Narok is currently offline  Narok

well this is an beautifull town and all but you need alot of more plantlife Razz
Re: Ashenvale sister city to oakvale (It's really Marcoville!) [message #15298 is a reply to message #5988] Fri, 22 December 2006 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i got 1 word for you. tower

slayer-reaper6

scythes nig
Re: Ashenvale sister city to oakvale (It's really Marcoville!) [message #15383 is a reply to message #15298] Wed, 27 December 2006 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1. most plantlife besides some large trees is controlled through the stb so i can therefore not add bushes and crud

2. there is no good tower model

3. i just friggin rule at tng editing Laughing , no 3ds, plus i dont think you can make a town the import it with 3ds

4.there are shops

5. i masde a teleporter to go waaaay pbove the city then looked down and took a screenshot

wheeeeee....

but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,

[Updated on: Wed, 27 December 2006 13:17]

Re: Ashenvale sister city to oakvale (It's really Marcoville!) [message #15387 is a reply to message #15383] Wed, 27 December 2006 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chaos is currently offline  chaos
Marcopolo wrote on Wed, 27 December 2006 13:14

3. i just friggin rule at tng editing Laughing , no 3ds, plus i dont think you can make a town the import it with 3ds

Getting a little cocky? Razz

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/korgoth-of-barbaria/chaos-1.jpg
Re: Ashenvale sister city to oakvale (It's really Marcoville!) [message #15394 is a reply to message #5988] Wed, 27 December 2006 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

try using mazes tower just make it larger or lady greys tower and move the clock up

slayer-reaper6

scythes nig
Re: Ashenvale sister city to oakvale (It's really Marcoville!) [message #15415 is a reply to message #15394] Fri, 29 December 2006 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

hellz ya!

nah it's too big

the area i have to work with is really very small

i was originally planning on putting in mazes tower but

a) wouldnt fit in

B) too massive

but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
Re: Ashenvale sister city to oakvale (It's really Marcoville!) [message #15420 is a reply to message #15415] Fri, 29 December 2006 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
Marcopolo wrote on Fri, 29 December 2006 08:45

i was originally planning on putting in mazes tower but

a) wouldnt fit in

B) too massive

C) Putting it there would most likely make it suck more than an industrial grade vacuum set to "super-suck".

Laughing

But what we put there.
Re: Ashenvale sister city to oakvale (It's really Marcoville!) [message #15443 is a reply to message #5988] Fri, 29 December 2006 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sniperdesign
Why don't you put it in the chamber of fate thats where i ripped some stuff that i didn't like and i put another bandit camp but bigger.

[Updated on: Fri, 29 December 2006 14:07]

Re: Ashenvale sister city to oakvale (It's really Marcoville!) [message #15459 is a reply to message #15443] Fri, 29 December 2006 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

no

the camber of fate already kicks ass

may be empty but it's cool

but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
Re: Ashenvale sister city to oakvale (It's really Marcoville!) [message #15463 is a reply to message #5988] Sat, 30 December 2006 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mister-squid is currently offline  mister-squid
Where is the town gonna be anyway? How will we get there?
Re: Ashenvale sister city to oakvale (It's really Marcoville!) [message #15500 is a reply to message #5988] Sun, 31 December 2006 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sniperdesign
Why does the mini map look like the mini map of the chamber of fate Rolling Eyes

Re: Ashenvale sister city to oakvale (It's really Marcoville!) [message #15505 is a reply to message #5988] Sun, 31 December 2006 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
Because technically it "is" the chamber of fate.

But what we put there.
Re: Ashenvale sister city to oakvale (It's really Marcoville!) [message #15768 is a reply to message #15505] Sun, 07 January 2007 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

as i've mentioned before i just took everything that was already there and added a 3 before the z coordinates

i have finally started working on my town again and now some pictures!!!

an homage to the original multi layered bowerstone

index.php?t=getfile&id=2171&private=0

but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
Re: Ashenvale sister city to oakvale (It's really Marcoville!) [message #15769 is a reply to message #15768] Sun, 07 January 2007 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

and another index.php?t=getfile&id=2172&private=0

but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
Re: Ashenvale sister city to oakvale (It's really Marcoville!) [message #15771 is a reply to message #15769] Sun, 07 January 2007 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drifter is currently offline  Drifter
Pretty cool stuff. Someones talented at TNG editing...
Re: Ashenvale sister city to oakvale (It's really Marcoville!) [message #15772 is a reply to message #15771] Sun, 07 January 2007 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

yeah but i make up for it by being slow at bin stuff and i dont rush stuff just those two shots took me about 4 hours

plus helps i added about 20 new icons to albion explorer

Very Happy

but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
Reply to Marcoville! [message #15793 is a reply to message #5988] Mon, 08 January 2007 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant Hammerhoof is currently offline  Grant Hammerhoof

Some pretty groovy stuff in that! Definitely can't want to see the final product!! http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/grant_hammerhoof/Moo-ImGrant.gif

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/grant_hammerhoof/Grant_BuffBull_WesternSignature.png
Re: Ashenvale sister city to oakvale (It's really Marcoville!) [message #15817 is a reply to message #5988] Mon, 08 January 2007 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
lukaj is currently offline  lukaj
I have a suggestion (if you're still open to them).

Maybe you could make some trader guy who sells sticks! Laughing
Maybe you could add some stick weapons ie. forked stick

but... its just a suggestion
Previous Topic: Boss battle Music
Next Topic: Creating a custom level...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:05:30 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01615 seconds