Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Windowed Mode
Windowed Mode [message #9418] Sat, 24 June 2006 04:07 Go to next message
Satan

Administrator
After much searching I have finally found a way to enable Fable to run in a windowed mode.

You'll need the app available here.

Installation

* Unzip and run the self-extracting exe.

How to run

* Go to the folder you extracted the files to earlier.
* Run 3DAnalyze.exe.
* Hit the "Select" button
* Select your fable.exe
* Go to the section marked Directx 8.1 and 9.0 options and check the "force windowed mode" box.
* Hit the "Run" button.
* Enjoy Fable: The Lost Chapters in windowed mode ! Very Happy

Screenshots

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/2096/windowedfabletlc1ml.th.jpg - Windowed Mode in action !
http://img327.imageshack.us/img327/6047/wireframefabletlc2xf.th.jpg - Albion in wireframe !

Vendor & Device Id's

Should you wish to change the vendor and device Id's to something other than 0 (this value makes the app interogate the hardware for ID and may not be detected correctly) the values here may be of some use to you.

Nvidia card users:
Device ID's - January 2007
Device ID's - October 2006
Device ID's - September 2006
Device ID's - March 2006

ATI card users go here.

Other Vendors here.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.

[Updated on: Sun, 22 April 2007 12:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Windowed Mode [message #9441 is a reply to message #9418] Sat, 24 June 2006 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcopolo is currently offline  Marcopolo

didnt work Confused

There once was a member of this land,
a humorous posting he planned,
but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
and now he has found himself banned.
Re: Windowed Mode [message #9464 is a reply to message #9418] Mon, 26 June 2006 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BayStone is currently offline  BayStone
Damn... That works! Great job Satan! Very Happy

Busy!
Re: Windowed Mode [message #9688 is a reply to message #9418] Mon, 03 July 2006 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PanyoPanyo is currently offline  PanyoPanyo

I have to things to say about this.

The good. It worked...for about 10 seconds.

The bad. Now fable doesnt work on my PC at all D: Whenever I load it up. I hear an error message I then I dont see one T_T
Re: Windowed Mode [message #9851 is a reply to message #9688] Mon, 10 July 2006 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
It "should" work on all hardware setups but some incompatibility may occur. Try making sure your device and vendor id's are set correctly (set to 0 if you do not know these). And for the error message, try looking in the event viewer (Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Event Viewer). This may shed some light on the situation.

But what we put there.
Re: Windowed Mode [message #19878 is a reply to message #9418] Fri, 08 June 2007 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shujyou is currently offline  shujyou
Okay, I know this is old and I'm not sure bumping is welcome here, but it's better than posting a new topic, so...

I've tried this, and tried using older versions of 3DAnaylze (some website said the new ones wouldn't work) but Fable just crashes.

At first, a black screen came up and a visible program crash window came up. After I spent the last half hour setting my vendor ID and device ID, it crashes (no popup notifying me of that) with this in the event logs:

"Faulting application fable.exe, version 25.7.13.149, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000."

Since other people have got it to work, I'm wondering if my version of Fable was released later or something. (If there're more than one version of TLC, how would I tell?)

... oh. And I tried another program first, D3DWindower (which I'm fairly familiar with) but I get the same error.
Re: Windowed Mode [message #20135 is a reply to message #19878] Tue, 12 June 2007 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
shujyou wrote on Fri, 08 June 2007 19:50

Okay, I know this is old and I'm not sure bumping is welcome here, but it's better than posting a new topic, so...

I've tried this, and tried using older versions of 3DAnaylze (some website said the new ones wouldn't work) but Fable just crashes.

At first, a black screen came up and a visible program crash window came up. After I spent the last half hour setting my vendor ID and device ID, it crashes (no popup notifying me of that) with this in the event logs:

"Faulting application fable.exe, version 25.7.13.149, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000."

Since other people have got it to work, I'm wondering if my version of Fable was released later or something. (If there're more than one version of TLC, how would I tell?)

... oh. And I tried another program first, D3DWindower (which I'm fairly familiar with) but I get the same error.

Tends to be a video card issue.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Windowed Mode [message #20139 is a reply to message #9418] Tue, 12 June 2007 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
Try leaving both at the default of 0. Seems to fix people's issues ocassionally.

But what we put there.
Re: Windowed Mode [message #20171 is a reply to message #9418] Tue, 12 June 2007 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still does it, even with both at 0.

Computer lags for a second, dwwin.exe opens and closes it, and it is over :0 I hope this isn't a video card issue, because I can't get a new one for a while.

What version of 3DA should I use? 2.36b, right? (Also, the old 3DA, before 2.3x, work, but they have no window option and I cant' find a way around that. So I'm stuck with two versions to chose from, basically)
Re: Windowed Mode [message #20190 is a reply to message #9418] Wed, 13 June 2007 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
Well I would recomend the newest version that has the windowed option.

But what we put there.
Re: Windowed Mode [message #20207 is a reply to message #20190] Wed, 13 June 2007 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've already tried it, doesn't work ;;

Could it be a video card issue even though the program works for other games?
Re: Windowed Mode [message #20216 is a reply to message #9418] Thu, 14 June 2007 00:49 Go to previous message
Satan

Administrator
I have no idea. As I am not the author of the app it's pretty much impossible for me to provide support for it.

But what we put there.
Previous Topic: tried everything
Next Topic: Albion Explorer and Fable Explorer errors.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 12:04:37 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01018 seconds