Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Hero As Female  () 1 Vote
Hero As Female [message #19339] Wed, 23 May 2007 03:35 Go to next message
Zeffir is currently offline  Zeffir
I now included a fix to change your hero back to male
After testing it.. It seems the females chest and butt collides with most of the armor.. Only if she had a smaller butt and was flat chested Evil or Very Mad But I'll keep on trying until this is proved impossible.. For me. But.. We always look at our heroes back, So I doubt its much of a conflict but still..

The hero wills till have the same voice in all actions.

Ok heres the first upload (Literally my first upload) it's still not done though.

This basically includes just a female mod, I haven't tested it much only for the adult version, I'll test the Kid and Training when I have some time.

The armors should fit, But will be a bit bulky.

Oh and always remember: Make a backup before applying this mod.

Basically Included:
Female Hero Change
I also made it were the game acts as if your character is a female so if you woo a male you should be claimed as a hetero-sexual. Please tell me if I have that part wrong.

Next Update:
Fix any bugs
Female Mesh Update
Maybe if I get bored, I'll turn the Bordello into a Male house.. (Once again I can't change the voices so sorry)

[Updated on: Wed, 23 May 2007 21:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hero As Female [message #19340 is a reply to message #19339] Wed, 23 May 2007 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Zeffir wrote on Wed, 23 May 2007 05:35

I'm currently working on a mod to make the hero female, I doubt I'll be able to make it with a female voice, But Oh Well.

The hero doesn't speak.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Hero As Female [message #19341 is a reply to message #19340] Wed, 23 May 2007 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlueTooth wrote on Wed, 23 May 2007 03:41

I'm currently working on a mod to make the hero female, I doubt I'll be able to make it with a female voice, But Oh Well.

The hero doesn't speak.

I meant actions Smile

I uploaded the FMP, I'll start doing fixes that I notice when I test the adult more.
Re: Hero As Female [message #19342 is a reply to message #19339] Wed, 23 May 2007 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

I also made it were the game acts as if your character is a female so if you woo a male you should be claimed as a hetero-sexual.

Thats a new one to me. Didn't even know that was possible.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Hero As Female [message #19343 is a reply to message #19342] Wed, 23 May 2007 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlueTooth wrote on Wed, 23 May 2007 04:14

I also made it were the game acts as if your character is a female so if you woo a male you should be claimed as a hetero-sexual.

Thats a new one to me. Didn't even know that was possible.

I'm really taking a guess basically, But open up Fable Explorer go to creatures go to the Hero sections (Young,Training,Hero) then open one of them up, Then tick the plus on creature to see the sub-menus scroll down till you see #######-Sex open that up then a number will be in the menu saying "1" change that to "2".

I noticed that female characters had sex 2 while male characters had 1, And I guessed the game portrayed that if your hero is Sex-2 and had sex with Sex-1 it would be heterosexual ect.

But I haven't tested that all yet.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 May 2007 04:26]

Re: Hero As Female [message #19344 is a reply to message #19339] Wed, 23 May 2007 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Sound enough logic to me.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Hero As Female [message #19354 is a reply to message #19339] Wed, 23 May 2007 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Zeffir wrote on Wed, 23 May 2007 12:35

After testing it.. It seems the females chest and butt collides with most of the armor.. Only if she had a smaller butt and was flat chested Evil or Very Mad But I'll keep on trying until this is proved impossible.. For me. But.. We always look at our heroes back, So I doubt its much of a conflict but still..

I'm currently working on a mod to make the hero female, I doubt I'll be able to make it with a female voice.

Ok heres the first upload (Literally my first upload) it's still not done though.

This basically includes just a female mod, I haven't tested it much only for the adult version, I'll test the Kid and Training when I have some time.

Oh and when I meant female voice I meant like for the actions and attacks.

Basically Included:
Female Hero Change
I also made it were the game acts as if your character is a female so if you woo a male you should be claimed as a hetero-sexual. Please tell me if I have that part wrong.

Next Update:
Fix any bugs
Maybe if I get bored, I'll turn the Bordello into a Male house.. (Once again I can't change the voices so sorry)

For a first upload, it's a good one Cool

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Hero As Female [message #19362 is a reply to message #19354] Wed, 23 May 2007 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy wrote on Wed, 23 May 2007 14:21

Zeffir wrote on Wed, 23 May 2007 12:35

I'm currently working on a mod to make the hero female, I doubt I'll be able to make it with a female voice.

Oh and when I meant female voice I meant like for the actions and attacks.

Basically Included:
Female Hero Change

Next Update:
Fix any bugs

For a first upload, it's a good one Cool

Thanks Smile
But I have a question, How would I edit the meshes with? Since I need to cut down some of the sizes for them to fit into armor. I don't know any programs what to edit the mesh with.
Re: Hero As Female [message #19366 is a reply to message #19362] Wed, 23 May 2007 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HodgePodge is currently offline  HodgePodge
Any 3-d image editing program will do. You can download the 30-day free trial of 3ds Max, or get Blender, which is free. There are other programs such as DeleD, but from my experience (which is quite limited) the first two listed work the best.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x50/HawjPawj/PONG.gif
Re: Hero As Female [message #19372 is a reply to message #19366] Wed, 23 May 2007 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HodgePodge wrote on Wed, 23 May 2007 21:03

Any 3-d image editing program will do. You can download the 30-day free trial of 3ds Max, or get Blender, which is free. There are other programs such as DeleD, but from my experience (which is quite limited) the first two listed work the best.

Thanks Very Happy
I'll use blender since its free then.
Re: Hero As Female [message #19374 is a reply to message #19372] Wed, 23 May 2007 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

A list of more free applications here and other usefull stuff here.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 May 2007 23:34]

Re: Hero As Female [message #19389 is a reply to message #19374] Thu, 24 May 2007 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy wrote on Wed, 23 May 2007 23:33

A list of more free applications here and other usefull stuff here.

Thanks Very Happy
Re: Hero As Female [message #20003 is a reply to message #19339] Sat, 09 June 2007 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Etchan is currently offline  Etchan
Don't give up on this! Please! @.@

Playing a female hero is like, one of the main reasons I wanna play Fable 2, so don't you dare give up and let this mod die!

If you get stuck, pass it on to someone else, who isn't me, because I suck at modding o.o
Re: Hero As Female [message #21077 is a reply to message #19339] Sun, 01 July 2007 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jenny74TS is currently offline  Jenny74TS
This would be an excellent mod to finish, if they don't have Fable 2 for PC (haven't checked the status in a while) it would be good to have in Fable TLC
Re: Hero As Female [message #38278 is a reply to message #19339] Thu, 21 February 2008 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My computer hard drive died, so I just got a new computer finally, now I need to get TLC back from a friend.

But if anyone wants to take control of this mod be my guest, I don't have enough time for it right now. Sad
Re: Hero As Female [message #38291 is a reply to message #19339] Thu, 21 February 2008 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

I have been considering finishing this for a while. Basically I'd just need to alter the armor meshes to fit the female body

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Hero As Female [message #43334 is a reply to message #19339] Mon, 30 June 2008 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WingedDeath is currently offline  WingedDeath
I realize this post has long been replied to. But if armor is the problem, would it be possible if you simply "borrowed" a set of generic armor from a female character (such as Briar Rose, or Whisper). And simply used that texture/mesh for every armor in the game. So basically when you added new armor, it would stay the same but the stats would change?

This may not be an ideal fix, but some people wouldn't care and would just be happy having the female character. You could even do this, then just re texture the armour. I don't know which would take more time or be easier. Depends on how much you can do or know I guess.

Just a though, do with it what you will Smile
Re: Hero As Female [message #43936 is a reply to message #43334] Tue, 15 July 2008 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WingedDeath wrote on Mon, 30 June 2008 17:04

I realize this post has long been replied to. But if armor is the problem, would it be possible if you simply "borrowed" a set of generic armor from a female character (such as Briar Rose, or Whisper). And simply used that texture/mesh for every armor in the game. So basically when you added new armor, it would stay the same but the stats would change?

This may not be an ideal fix, but some people wouldn't care and would just be happy having the female character. You could even do this, then just re texture the armour. I don't know which would take more time or be easier. Depends on how much you can do or know I guess.

Just a though, do with it what you will Smile

In theory it'd work but I think Briar and Theresa are stand-alone npcs meaning that they have no equipment mesh its already on them, BUT female villager clothes could/might work but I don't have a pc so I can't check the clothes in the explorer.
Re: Hero As Female [message #44502 is a reply to message #19339] Wed, 06 August 2008 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elinesa is currently offline  Elinesa
I don't think this is supposed to happen now does it? I used the femalemodzorness.fmp because the femalemodfix.fmp changes it back to male.. so how do I fix it so you have an "Walking animation"?
Re: Hero As Female [message #44759 is a reply to message #19339] Tue, 12 August 2008 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The New Fabled Ravrn
Try changing the bones manually, or using the CSkeletalDef, if that's the one Very Happy

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/9329/newim.gif http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4678/rulesq.gif
Re: Hero As Female [message #45084 is a reply to message #44759] Sat, 23 August 2008 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
.... I'm a noob care to explain how to change the bones?
Re: Hero As Female [message #45085 is a reply to message #45084] Sat, 23 August 2008 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
A simple breakdown.

All creature models have "bones".
Creatures (in the game.bin, CREATURE entries) that have skeletal modifiers will either have a CHeroMorphDef (unless edited, only the hero creatures have this) or a CSkeletalDef, which determines a specific bone configuration set to be used with that creature.
These bone configurations are text files in the ..\data\Bones\ directory.
To change the bones, you can edit which bone configuration set is used in the CHeroMorphDef/CSkeletalDef by clicking the button labeled "..." next to the large string of numbers and selecting the set you would like or you can edit the bones manually by either opening the bone configuration set files (.bncfg extension) with notepad and playing with the numbers or by using morerunes' app to open, edit and save one of these files.

With all of that said, none of that should be necessary. This isn't a bone problem, The New Fabled Ravrn made a bad call. The problem would seem to be that the child doesn't have the correct set of animations, trying to use another creature's animations which may be trying to move bones that the child hero more than likely doesn't have. The only thing that I can think of that would cause this is having the wrong CAppearanceDef assigned to the child hero.

If I'm right, the solution would be to find out which CAppearanceDef belongs to the child hero and assigning it to the child hero's creature entry. Not having Fable currently installed, I can't tell you what the number is, so you can either ask the forum or find out yourself. To find out yourself, you can open Fable Explorer or Chocolate Box, open the original game.bin file that is on your disc (make sure you have retail disc #1 in the drive for this), double-click the newly opened game.bin, browse to the CREATURE entries, find the child hero entry, I forget what it is called exactly but it should be near CREATURE_HERO, open the entry, in the new window browse the CDefs and look for a CAppearanceDef. Copy the number provided, go back to the other game.bin, trace the child hero creature entry again, browse the CDefs again, find the CAppearanceDef and replace the number there with the one you copied earlier. Click Apply Changes, Actions|Save Mods and Run Fable. That should work.

This should serve as a lesson to keep backups. This way, if you use a mod that has undesirable results, you can simply overwrite the game files with backups of the files to be replaced, faster, easier, less mess.
Re: Hero As Female [message #45099 is a reply to message #45085] Sun, 24 August 2008 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe wrote on Sat, 23 August 2008 14:24

A simple breakdown.

All creature models have "bones".
Creatures (in the game.bin, CREATURE entries) that have skeletal modifiers will either have a CHeroMorphDef (unless edited, only the hero creatures have this) or a CSkeletalDef, which determines a specific bone configuration set to be used with that creature.
These bone configurations are text files in the ..\data\Bones\ directory.
To change the bones, you can edit which bone configuration set is used in the CHeroMorphDef/CSkeletalDef by clicking the button labeled "..." next to the large string of numbers and selecting the set you would like or you can edit the bones manually by either opening the bone configuration set files (.bncfg extension) with notepad and playing with the numbers or by using morerunes' app to open, edit and save one of these files.

With all of that said, none of that should be necessary. This isn't a bone problem, The New Fabled Ravrn made a bad call. The problem would seem to be that the child doesn't have the correct set of animations, trying to use another creature's animations which may be trying to move bones that the child hero more than likely doesn't have. The only thing that I can think of that would cause this is having the wrong CAppearanceDef assigned to the child hero.

If I'm right, the solution would be to find out which CAppearanceDef belongs to the child hero and assigning it to the child hero's creature entry. Not having Fable currently installed, I can't tell you what the number is, so you can either ask the forum or find out yourself. To find out yourself, you can open Fable Explorer or Chocolate Box, open the original game.bin file that is on your disc (make sure you have retail disc #1 in the drive for this), double-click the newly opened game.bin, browse to the CREATURE entries, find the child hero entry, I forget what it is called exactly but it should be near CREATURE_HERO, open the entry, in the new window browse the CDefs and look for a CAppearanceDef. Copy the number provided, go back to the other game.bin, trace the child hero creature entry again, browse the CDefs again, find the CAppearanceDef and replace the number there with the one you copied earlier. Click Apply Changes, Actions|Save Mods and Run Fable. That should work.

This should serve as a lesson to keep backups. This way, if you use a mod that has undesirable results, you can simply overwrite the game files with backups of the files to be replaced, faster, easier, less mess.

Thanks for the reply, but I still don't get it Razz
Re: Hero As Female [message #45105 is a reply to message #45099] Sun, 24 August 2008 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

the child mesh is has the same structure as the hero mesh, so all the animations are compatable

what happened was simply the CHeroMorphDef needs to be handed only the child bones

Re: Hero As Female [message #45106 is a reply to message #45105] Sun, 24 August 2008 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
morerunes wrote on Sun, 24 August 2008 14:49

the child mesh is has the same structure as the hero mesh, so all the animations are compatable
Agreed, and I was confused.

My impression was that Elinesa wanted to go back to the original.
morerunes wrote on Sun, 24 August 2008 14:49

what happened was simply the CHeroMorphDef needs to be handed only the child bones
I disagree. The .bncfg files only determine which bones to be modified and by how much, and has nothing to do with animations. I'm still suggesting the CAppearanceDef route, in that giving the creature entry the girl creature's CAppearanceDef should fix the problem.

[Updated on: Sun, 24 August 2008 12:57]

Re: Hero As Female [message #45116 is a reply to message #45106] Mon, 25 August 2008 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Again thanks for the help Very Happy But this is what happens as adult? How fix that then(I haven't fixed the first problem yet Razz)

[Updated on: Mon, 25 August 2008 07:34]

Re: Hero As Female [message #45232 is a reply to message #45116] Sat, 30 August 2008 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

get rid of bone morphing in CHeroMorphDef

Re: Hero As Female [message #45233 is a reply to message #19339] Sat, 30 August 2008 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raziel is currently offline  Raziel
why does this face look so...i dunno?
why haven't you deleted the facial expressions?
Re: Hero As Female [message #45235 is a reply to message #45233] Sat, 30 August 2008 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Raziel wrote on Sat, 30 August 2008 16:50

why does this face look so...i dunno?
why haven't you deleted the facial expressions?
In here you have answered your own question. It is because of the facial expressions that the face is messed up. There are other ways of fixing it aside from deleting them though, the only one I know though is through some extensive bone rigging on the Hero's bones, which is roughly the 3D-editing equivalent of plastic surgery as far as difficulty goes. I'm sure there's another way, I just can't remember it.

As for the manly physique, morerunes called it on bones, that is a bone problem, a funny looking one as well in my opinion. I'd say get rid of the CHeroMorphDef altogether, replace it with a CSkeletalDef, unless you want to set up the CHeroMorphDef with the bones for strong, weak, tall, fat and berserk bones for the woman. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing an all-out CHeroMorphDef edit mod, a new creature with an entirely new set of morphing textures, bones, effects, and to top it off, an edited horn CAppearanceModifierDef.
Re: Hero As Female [message #45698 is a reply to message #19339] Sun, 21 September 2008 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dante9000 is currently offline  dante9000
Wouldnt it be easier to do the female hero by editing the MESH_HERO model to a female shape? I'm not very good at modelling but I'd given it a go before I saw this thread. Her face is still a bit ugly so if anyone knows how I could fix that it would be great

index.php?t=getfile&id=6789&private=0
Re: Hero As Female [message #45793 is a reply to message #45698] Fri, 26 September 2008 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's nicely done dante .. If you ever release it maybe i'll try using yours.. or if you already released idk, give a link? Or if you still need a tester I'm your person! Very Happy
Re: Hero As Female [message #45795 is a reply to message #45793] Fri, 26 September 2008 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

no, that would be more work

either way you need to re-configure bones in order for it to work right, and it would be a lot more work to make a big muscular man mesh to look like a girl

Re: Hero As Female [message #45799 is a reply to message #45795] Fri, 26 September 2008 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Ah, okay, yea you're right.
Unless we were going for this body type. Razz
Re: Hero As Female [message #45800 is a reply to message #19339] Fri, 26 September 2008 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lord Mason is currently offline  Lord Mason

Laughing I'm from Idaho. I like long walks on the beach.

Hmm... Death Magnetic or Black Ice? So hard to choose.

[Updated on: Tue, 26 May 2009 21:07] by Moderator

Re: Hero As Female [message #45837 is a reply to message #45795] Mon, 29 September 2008 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dante9000 is currently offline  dante9000
Quote:

either way you need to re-configure bones in order for it to work right, and it would be a lot more work to make a big muscular man mesh to look like a girl

true, but if you edit the teen_hero mesh its a lot easier since its already skinny and doesnt have the manly face. and for the bones couldnt we just swap them all with hero_weak or hero_teen_set?

this is with hero_teen_set

and with hero_weak

I guess the shoulders are still kinda wide..but it works? the main problem I had was editing the shirts to the right shape, but theres only about 10 meshes there so it shouldnt take too long hopefully.

Anyway a bit unrelated but I'm having some trouble with loading this from an fmp, the textures that i have edited become patchy and don't show up right, I have done some searching but I don't seem to be able to find a solution, if anyone could help it would be appreciated Smile
Re: Hero As Female [message #45839 is a reply to message #45837] Mon, 29 September 2008 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

look, there is already a mesh that works just as good as that one.

The problem is not the hero's model, it's the model of clothing out there

girl's meshes have breast bones, guys don't, and neither do guys armor. So, in order to wear normal armor and look like a girl, you need to edit all the ARMOR by adding breast bones and making it fit

so really, you're just doing a lot more work than needs to be done, and it comes out not looking as good

also, the hero doesn't have breast bones, so you would need to add those bones to be a decent mesh swap

Summary

[Updated on: Mon, 29 September 2008 14:19]

Re: Hero As Female [message #45846 is a reply to message #19339] Mon, 29 September 2008 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mikeyscene is currently offline  mikeyscene

harsh, runez

http://img27.picoodle.com/data/img27/3/9/20/f_mikeyscenefm_6c57988.gif
Re: Hero As Female [message #45847 is a reply to message #19339] Mon, 29 September 2008 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lord Mason is currently offline  Lord Mason

I would expect something that brutal from JohnDoe.
Aside from that, I'm going to wager right now that morerunes is going to have to complete this mod if it is to ever to be completed with above mediocre quality.
morerunes acurately predicted the future by stating

I recommend you stop before you make me prove you wrong by actually doing it myself, because I don't want to do that

Too late. You can't cheat destiny. Laughing

Hmm... Death Magnetic or Black Ice? So hard to choose.

[Updated on: Mon, 29 September 2008 18:41]

Re: Hero As Female [message #45848 is a reply to message #45847] Mon, 29 September 2008 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

lol, I'm not trying to be harsh, but he's not getting the point, and I want it to be clear that he shouldn't waste his time trying to do something pointless

Re: Hero As Female [message #45876 is a reply to message #19339] Wed, 01 October 2008 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Hehehehe.. This might sound a bit noobish, but could someone just put like.. a picture tutorial on how to fix that bone problem, cause you see.. I'm not completely english.. I can write and read it very well Razz but things like that are just a bit to much for me to handle(Sort of) so a picture tutorial would be great?

Please respond if you'd like to make on for me or not.. Else I'll never figure out how to fix this Razz

[Updated on: Wed, 01 October 2008 12:39]

Previous Topic: BlueTooth Suits WIPs
Next Topic: My 1st Fable MOD
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:44:58 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01571 seconds