Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » A little annoying problem...
icon8.gif  A little annoying problem... [message #46395] Fri, 17 October 2008 17:34 Go to next message
Alone1sAgain is currently offline  Alone1sAgain
I've had a great time at this site using a lot of these awesome mods, but one thing that caught my eye...

When I spawn a chest, or anything else for what matters, and I delete it because I don't want to use it anymore, it still spawns in that place and it won't stay deleted. I have checked in Albion Explorer and it cannot locate it on the map. I've also checked the actual file itself and it isn't in the file. I've tried to redo the files with the backup-ed ones, but, to no prevail, it doesn't work. This same thing also happens with barrels too! If anybody could help me it would be a great thing!

(example:

*spawned a sign labeled "OBJECT_BW_SIGNPOST_PLAQUE_01"
*decides that I don't need it, after visiting it in-game, and deletes it from, let's say, HeroGuildComplexInside
*goes to that same spot, where it shouldn't be anymore, and guess what... it's there)

"Forever and always alone under the beauty and darkness of the starlit sky..."

-Alone1sAgain
Re: A little annoying problem... [message #46396 is a reply to message #46395] Fri, 17 October 2008 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
It's in the save file.

It doesn't show up in AE because it's not in the TNG, which is what AE edits.
It's still in Fable because there are special objects and creatures, chests being one of them, that are saved into your save file.
I call this particular occurrence a "shell".

You can just leave it there, but obviously you have a problem with that.
You can start a new profile, but you probably don't want to do that.
There is an alternative: Using FE, make the object destructible, lower the health to 1, go in game and destroy it by whacking it with a stick, go back to FE and set the values back to the defaults to prevent destroying other chests on accident.

Also, and as a side note, I'm impressed. You have managed to spawn chests before ever having posted. Congratulations are in order, you are in the top percentile of new guys.

Welcome to the site.
icon7.gif  Re: A little annoying problem... [message #46397 is a reply to message #46396] Fri, 17 October 2008 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alone1sAgain is currently offline  Alone1sAgain
Thanks for the quick reply! I was modding many other games way before this, so I understand most of what's going on. I see how it could be in the save file, so I'll try what you suggested.

I also had a "similar" problem with the big pack of weapons with Link's Master Sword in it, as the chest where the statue was kept (at the Lookout Point), spawning over and over again and hung in the air.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

Alright, I can say that I don't know this much yet... yet. How can I make it destructible? I've tried changing the IsVulnerableToMelee and the Damageable values, but those didn't work. I have the health down to 1, but don't know where to go from there.

EDIT... AGAIN:

OK, nevermind my stupidity. My problem is I had changed the wrong object, I guess it would've helped if I had remembered what the object was actually called. A big slap in the face for me! Embarassed

Thanks for the help! Very Happy

"Forever and always alone under the beauty and darkness of the starlit sky..."

-Alone1sAgain

[Updated on: Fri, 17 October 2008 19:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: A little annoying problem... [message #46400 is a reply to message #46397] Fri, 17 October 2008 19:22 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Just in case you've missed it again, OBJECT_CHEST_OPENABLE, not the chest contents but the chest itself.
Previous Topic: How do i Get armor on my guy form modding
Next Topic: Naming a Weapon
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 18:42:01 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00920 seconds