Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Merge armors.
Merge armors. [message #53439] Fri, 07 August 2009 12:25 Go to next message
Nicdude2 is currently offline  Nicdude2
I don't know if everyone knows this, I left this forum about a year ago, but you can make two armors use only one slot. For example, you can make it so that when you equip the chest plate, the assassin mask goes on too. But you can still put on a helmet over the mask. The cool part is that you don't have to do any model editing.

1.Very important! - Start Fable Explorer

2. Open the OBJECTS tab in the game.bin

3. Find the armor you want to edit, and double click it.

4. A new box will open. Click the + , then click Cdefs

5. A bunch of little boxes should show up inside the big box.

6. The second one down should say CAppearanceModifierDef on it.

7. Once you find that, click Links to (GameBINEntryID): Click that.

8. Another box should appear. Click the + sign.

9. Click AppearanceClothing Model

10. More stuff should appear in the box. Click "Add" and more stuff should appear.

11. Make it so that all the numbers correspond. So if there is a 1 in the first column, put a 1 in the first column in the box you made when you clicked "Add"

12. In the new box(that you created when you clicked "Add") there should be a square with a "..." Click it.

13. Find the mesh you want to add, whether it be a helmet, or a pair of shoes. Click it and then click "select"

14. Change the number at the very top of the box that says "appearance clothing model array" from 1 to 2.

15. Here's the hard part. Click "Apply Changes" then close the box. Do it again with the first box. Then go to "Actions" and click "Save mods and run Fable"

16. You are now done. If it doesn't work just do steps 1-10, but click Del in the second box(the one you added your helmet or whatever to)

Good Luck!
Re: Merge armors. [message #53441 is a reply to message #53439] Fri, 07 August 2009 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
quicksilver is currently offline  quicksilver
Wow it worked, this is very cool stuff. Thanks for sharing man.

Re: Merge armors. [message #53443 is a reply to message #53441] Fri, 07 August 2009 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No problem. Glad it worked.
Re: Merge armors. [message #53449 is a reply to message #53439] Fri, 07 August 2009 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Next you can go into mix'n'matching submeshes by ripping frame text from the DirectX file and putting them in a single DirectX file. It's useful if you want just a single piece of a model to add onto another as opposed to the whole model.
Re: Merge armors. [message #53450 is a reply to message #53449] Fri, 07 August 2009 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey I just figured, this might be perfect for Alex Mercer's jacket request.

Re: Merge armors. [message #53453 is a reply to message #53450] Fri, 07 August 2009 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just got that game(Prototype). It is amazing. Good luck with the Alex Mercer mod. Very Happy
Re: Merge armors. [message #53473 is a reply to message #53453] Sat, 08 August 2009 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oryp is currently offline  oryp
Great Guide,I was trying to learn how to do this to make my own plate armor from the Alia's sister armor piece and plate armor variant double spike shoulder pieces. It works smoothly, keep up the good work.
Re: Merge armors. [message #53487 is a reply to message #53439] Sat, 08 August 2009 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glad I could help.
Re: Merge armors. [message #56075 is a reply to message #53439] Mon, 08 February 2010 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TekhnoViking is currently offline  TekhnoViking
So I like the idea of adding the assassin mask to plate armor (like the intro vid ^^) but wouldnt that mean adding the whole assasssin shirt to the clothing entry of the chestpiece? wouldnt that mean having little parts of the assassin shirt stick out of the platemail model? Just wondering + im a n00b so clarification is appreciated.
Re: Merge armors. [message #56076 is a reply to message #56075] Mon, 08 February 2010 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Butts is currently offline  James Butts
There is a mod for just the hood, search for it if you want it.

Dammit
Re: Merge armors. [message #57647 is a reply to message #56076] Sat, 12 June 2010 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I searched, but I can't find it. Care to share?

Re: Merge armors. [message #59362 is a reply to message #56075] Sat, 11 September 2010 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gamerlee13 is currently offline  gamerlee13
Quote:

So I like the idea of adding the assassin mask to plate armor (like the intro vid ^^) but wouldnt that mean adding the whole assasssin shirt to the clothing entry of the chestpiece? wouldnt that mean having little parts of the assassin shirt stick out of the platemail model? Just wondering + im a n00b so clarification is appreciated.

to TekhnoViking

i could have a go at trying to make that in my spare time

[Updated on: Sun, 12 September 2010 09:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Merge armors. [message #59363 is a reply to message #59362] Sat, 11 September 2010 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

gamerlee13 wrote on Sat, 11 September 2010 15:33

i could have a go at trying to make that

Make what?

Re: Merge armors. [message #61328 is a reply to message #53439] Fri, 04 February 2011 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
x assassin x is currently offline  x assassin x
didn't work for me, it only made my swords and arrows invisible
Re: Merge armors. [message #61329 is a reply to message #61328] Fri, 04 February 2011 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Okay, then clearly you did something wrong, as I have done this on multiple occasions with full success. Also, don't bump a dead thread just to say it doesn't work. If you have a problem with something like this, just post it in general discussion. And you can tell if a thread is dead by looking at the date at the top right of a post. If noone's posted in about three months, it's dead. Now if you have useful information like an improved technique, then the necropost is alright. Welcome to the site, and I hope you make some awesome mods.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Merge armors. [message #61330 is a reply to message #61329] Fri, 04 February 2011 07:09 Go to previous message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

asmcint wrote on Fri, 04 February 2011 15:14

Okay, then clearly you did something wrong, as I have done this on multiple occasions with full success. Also, don't bump a dead thread just to say it doesn't work. If you have a problem with something like this, just post it in general discussion. And you can tell if a thread is dead by looking at the date at the top right of a post. If noone's posted in about three months, it's dead. Now if you have useful information like an improved technique, then the necropost is alright. Welcome to the site, and I hope you make some awesome mods.

Seems to me 'x assassin x' posted this in the correct spot.
He/she has a problem with this tutorial, so this is the place to ask questions about it.
It would be pretty complicated if every question on a certain tutorial had a separate thread.
The only exception for this on our forums is the tools section, we want to keep that clean (used to be a messy place).

As for the 'question' itself; let's say that it's not really constructive feedback.
Don't know what it's supposed to be actually. A question? Just a remark? Beats me.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Previous Topic: Walking for fable. Does it work on windows 7?
Next Topic: puntable children
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:08:11 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01102 seconds