Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tutorials » Tutorial Requests
Re: Tutorial Requests [message #65773 is a reply to message #65772] Thu, 09 February 2012 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

To go into further detail, find the texture you wish to replace in textures.big, double click it, click browse, and replace the old texture with an image made of pure alpha. Be sure to tell it to import as DXT-3 and to make sure the alpha is set at 1 before hitting apply changes. Wink After you hit apply changes, just save mods and run fable.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Tutorial Requests [message #65774 is a reply to message #55332] Thu, 09 February 2012 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
softlover is currently offline  softlover

How can i add more maps or ground or soil to another map?
Thanks in advance.
Re: Tutorial Requests [message #65775 is a reply to message #65774] Thu, 09 February 2012 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

You wanna make more maps? Learn hexadecimal coding, get hex workshop, go insane trying to crack the STB files.
I'm not sure new maps could be done even then.
You wanna add new ground and soil? You can't do that, you can only retexture existing ground and soil. Sorry, but this ain't TES. We don't have dev support, we never will, if we did, the devs would be in violation of contract, and would be fired from Lionhead, as well as sued. So, as much as I would love to be able to make maps or new ground items on a whim, without either someone who's already completely insane to crack the complete insanity of the STB, or a developer's support, we can't do that.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Tutorial Requests [message #65776 is a reply to message #55332] Thu, 09 February 2012 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

if i can't, how freeroam was made, can you explain to me please?

[Updated on: Thu, 09 February 2012 10:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Tutorial Requests [message #65777 is a reply to message #65776] Thu, 09 February 2012 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Freeroam simply extracts the Finalalbion.WAD to make the TNGs within editable, and also makes a patch allowing for "freeroaming". You can only edit existing maps. You cannot make new ones. Now I would like to politely ask you to deal with it. There are still plenty of other epic things that can be done, such as the creation of new weapons, the editing of maps to make certain areas LOOK new, editing spells, weapon damage, NPC stats, making new NPCs, and other stuff. If you are still interested in modding Fable, there are plenty of things to do, and if you look around the files hard enough, you might find out how to do something noone else has done before. So, new levels= no. Other epicsauce=yes.

Re: Tutorial Requests [message #65779 is a reply to message #55332] Fri, 10 February 2012 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
daldec is currently offline  daldec
Hi again, thanks for the answer I replace the "exclamation sign" with the alpha and it works excellent, now I have another question, I found in the firsts textures the one that says something like "weapon trail flourish 01" and is the only flourish reference I found, so I replace it with another alpha of 256 * 256 and like that texture is in DXT-1 I open the alpha in that way, but in-game when I charge(?) the weapon to make a flourish the game crash :S Please help me to remove that bright the weapon do when it is ready for a flourish. Thanks in advance.

[Updated on: Fri, 10 February 2012 00:12]

Re: Tutorial Requests [message #65780 is a reply to message #65779] Fri, 10 February 2012 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I have no idea what that thing is, but it isn't part of the flourish effect. To change that, go into an object's cweapondef and find the flourish effect entry.

Re: Tutorial Requests [message #65782 is a reply to message #55332] Fri, 10 February 2012 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

no, i mean the freeroam.fmp, how can i do something like that?
Re: Tutorial Requests [message #65783 is a reply to message #55332] Fri, 10 February 2012 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So I have to delete that entry of every weapon? The flourish effect I mean. ?? Thanks in advance.
Re: Tutorial Requests [message #65784 is a reply to message #65783] Fri, 10 February 2012 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

NO DONT DELETE THE ENTRY. Set it to zero.

Re: Tutorial Requests [message #65792 is a reply to message #55332] Fri, 10 February 2012 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That remove the flourish effect or the flourish itself?

[Updated on: Fri, 10 February 2012 15:14]

Re: Tutorial Requests [message #65793 is a reply to message #65792] Fri, 10 February 2012 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

It's just a special effect, it can't remove the ability to flourish. It simply removes the purple effect from the blade when you have a flourish or more available.

Re: Tutorial Requests [message #65797 is a reply to message #55332] Fri, 10 February 2012 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At least please, one last thing: How can I remove the blue, red and green light that surround the npcs and enemies? Sorry for all the mess. Thanks in advance.
EDIT: YEAH! Thanks for not answer me, I found the topic with my question and I now know how to remove the glow, I will search better next time.

[Updated on: Sun, 12 February 2012 21:48]

icon8.gif  Re: Tutorial Requests [message #65990 is a reply to message #56257] Mon, 05 March 2012 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hira2 is currently offline  hira2
Embarassed Hi i was wondering if you guys can teach me how to get more general experience by killing(bees,wasp,hornets) sorry don't know if that's how they are called. I want 10k exp per kill if you guys would be so nice to tell me

Re: Tutorial Requests [message #65991 is a reply to message #65990] Mon, 05 March 2012 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

A simple search led me here.
Also, Hira2, or should I say henry600? I don't think it's a good idea to make an alt to ask a question that was answered for you two years ago.
henry600 wrote on Thu, 21 January 2010 13:21

Hi i was wondering if you guys can teach me how to get more general experience by killing(bees,wasp,hornets) sorry don't know if that's how they are called. I want 10k exp per kill if you guys would be so nice to tell me

warischoy wrote on Thu, 21 January 2010 14:03

if you only want 10k exp you could use a +24 herpurus trainer.

Rolling Eyes
I honestly suspect a bot here. Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Mon, 05 March 2012 05:58]

Re: Tutorial Requests [message #66155 is a reply to message #55332] Mon, 19 March 2012 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
itsduncan is currently offline  itsduncan
could you do a tutorial on adding expressions via FE?
Re: Tutorial Requests [message #66649 is a reply to message #55332] Sun, 06 May 2012 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tion Blaze is currently offline  Tion Blaze
Hey guys I was wondering if you guys could make a tutorial for adding npc weapons and clothing/armer for your Hero. Eg the guards clothing in the winter town in the northern wastes. Thanks. Smile

Check out My Blog:
fablemodding.blogspot.com/
Re: Tutorial Requests [message #66651 is a reply to message #66649] Mon, 07 May 2012 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Tion Blaze wrote on Mon, 07 May 2012 00:24

Hey guys I was wondering if you guys could make a tutorial for adding npc weapons and clothing/armer for your Hero. Eg the guards clothing in the winter town in the northern wastes. Thanks. Smile

The npc weapons are easy, follow this tutorial:
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=7219& ;amp ;start=0&

The Snowspire guard uniform would have to be done by someone who can make new models and 'skin weight' clothing, not nearly as easy.
EDIT:
I did a recolor of the guard suit, not a new suit. Here:
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=66657& amp; amp;#msg_66657

I'm glad you asked for this, it got me to finally figure out the guard boot problem for the hero's boots to both be the same.

[Updated on: Mon, 07 May 2012 05:45]

Re: Tutorial Requests [message #66694 is a reply to message #55332] Thu, 17 May 2012 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zorloki is currently offline  Zorloki
Hey guys, i was wondering if any of you guys can give me any pointers on how to increase monster spawns.
Re: Tutorial Requests [message #66695 is a reply to message #66694] Thu, 17 May 2012 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Zorloki wrote on Thu, 17 May 2012 19:59

Hey guys, i was wondering if any of you guys can give me any pointers on how to increase monster spawns.

Here is a link to a finished mod that spawns more enemies:
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=9129& ;start=0&
I used the mod in the first post, it is great, spawns double wasps and bandits.
The fifth post says it spawns more of the larger monsters. I haven't tried it yet. Hopefully someone, maybe even Exsolute, will post a tutorial on how to do this, but until then, these mods may work for you.

Re: Tutorial Requests [message #66696 is a reply to message #66695] Thu, 17 May 2012 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I believe there are creature generator entries in the game.bin. Tinker around with them, and you ought to be able to produce the enemy output of the generators for each enemy type. If I'm right, that's how Exsolute did it.

Re: Tutorial Requests [message #67824 is a reply to message #55332] Wed, 13 February 2013 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anonbf is currently offline  anonbf
hello, i am new to modding fable and i was just wondering if i could get a detailed tutorial on applying xbox mods. thanks! Smile
Re: Tutorial Requests [message #67825 is a reply to message #67824] Wed, 13 February 2013 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wyntilda is currently offline  Wyntilda
anonbf wrote on Wed, 13 February 2013 11:20

hello, i am new to modding fable and i was just wondering if i could get a detailed tutorial on applying xbox mods. thanks! Smile

http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=1436& ;start=0&

Other than that, you can find pretty much all you need here.

Leaves fall
in the autumn
of lives
that appear
to be worthless
to some,
utmost ignorant.

Necrophagist - Epitaph
Re: Tutorial Requests [message #68004 is a reply to message #55332] Sat, 06 April 2013 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mik35150 is currently offline  Mik35150
Is there a tutorial for setting up shops and villagers in Cbox,sorry im new to fable modiding.
Re: Tutorial Requests [message #69549 is a reply to message #65087] Sat, 21 September 2013 17:52 Go to previous message
rob1988 is currently offline  rob1988
hey i know i'm bumping a old thread and sorry for that

a while back i asked if i could get a tutorial on adding a new set of armour entries like having a new full set of plate but been retextured and stuffs but a completely new set in the inventory

i look all over the forums to see if one was made but i cant find one its been a while since i touched fe and any of the other tools

so im hoping to get abit of a helping hand please
Previous Topic: [General] Vista/Windows 7 Primer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:57:33 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01316 seconds