Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Development » Tools » Fable Hotkey Trainer  () 1 Vote
Fable Hotkey Trainer [message #59368] Sat, 11 September 2010 16:38 Go to next message
EternalNoob
=====================
Fable Hotkey Trainer
=====================

This tool allows you to create hotkey groups, basically it can store your current hotkeys to a profile, and you can restore them later. (I'm referring to your magic\expressions, etc,. In case this wasn't clear.)

You can create multiple hotkey profiles, and then switch through them in game using the "PageUp" and "PageDown" keys.

For example you could create a "Flirt" group, and have "Flirt", "Manly Arm Pump", etc, stored allowing you to easily use those expressions. (This is great for tools(spade\fishing pole\etc), trophies, and saves you tons of effort swapping them, or going into the menu and accessing them.)

The tool uses the 9 available hotkey slots on your main hotkey bar, so each profile can have 9 different items assigned. (There is no limit on created profiles, so you can setup profiles for every single spell\trophy\tool\item\etc in the game.)

======
Usage
======

You can run the tool from anywhere, so just stick it somewhere, like your Fable directory, and create a shortcut to run it.

The tool requires the game to be running for most of its functions, and you will need to alt-tab out for the moment to make new hotkey profiles, etc,. (Created profiles are automatically saved\loaded when you open\close the application.)

You will find a groupbox titled "Create Hotkey Group", which contains a textbox, and two buttons, "Add", and "Remove",..

Simply type a name in the textbox, and hit "Add", to create a new profile. Then adjust your hotkey bar in-game, and hit "Store" when you are ready to save the hotkey setup. (Be sure you have selected the proper profile in the drop down list when you are storing, whatever is showing, is the active profile.)

You can hit "Restore" from the application, or use PageUp\PageDown" to navigate your stored profiles which will automatically "Restore" them as you navigate.

======
Notes
======

This tool uses several coding techniques that may trigger antivirus software. For example, I use GetAsyncKeyState from the Windows API to detect "PageUp\PageDown" key presses, this often get's used for keyloggers.

These are false positives, there are no viri in my applications. (I'll release the source code in a future version, I wanna clean it up before I release it, it was implemented very quickly, so it's far from "elegant".)

The tool will create a file named "Profile.xml", this stores all your created profiles, if you move the application, also move this file, or else your profiles will appear to vanish.

If you start a new game, your existing profiles will still try to load the stored hotkey items, it shouldn't crash, but they might act weird until you obtain the items again.

A known issue is that on the new key setup screen, it will sometimes list a different key than what you had selected, basically, I think it's an alias, like PageUp\PageDown, can be listed as Next\Prev, it doesn't seem to cause any problems, so just ignore it.

The tool requires at that you have the .Net Framework v3.5(or greater) installed. (Most of you should already have this, many Fable related tools require these, so you probably won't need to worry about it. Vista\Win7 comes with these installed.)

[Updated on: Sat, 18 September 2010 15:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable Hotkey Trainer [message #59371 is a reply to message #59368] Sat, 11 September 2010 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
EternalNoob wrote on Sat, 11 September 2010 18:38

This tool uses several coding techniques that may trigger antivirus software.
Just posting to say that I have scanned and tested this file, it is indeed clean.

[Updated on: Sat, 11 September 2010 18:56]

Re: Fable Hotkey Trainer [message #59373 is a reply to message #59371] Sat, 11 September 2010 19:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nicomon is currently offline  nicomon
Stranger wrote on Sat, 11 September 2010 18:56

Just posting to say that I have scanned and tested this file, it is indeed clean.

I assume it would be the same thing as what causes FE to show up?

I divided by zero and survived.
Two of Diamonds, people. This is important.
Re: Fable Hotkey Trainer [message #59374 is a reply to message #59373] Sat, 11 September 2010 19:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EternalNoob
nicomon wrote on Sat, 11 September 2010 19:12

Stranger wrote on Sat, 11 September 2010 18:56

Hard to tell, a lot of Windows API's get abused, so antivirus software that use heuristics generally detect these API's and label the program as a virus. (Regardless of whether they are malicious or not.)

--

Edit:

I'm working on an update, it lets you change the hotkeys, "PageUp", etc, to whatever you want. It also allows you "Store" via a hotkey so you don't have to alt-tab out to make changes to your profiles anymore(it's nice). (I have a few ideas to make it easier to work with too, like sorting options, ways to jump directly to certain profiles, etc,. I'll see what I can come up with.)

(I'm also rewriting the code a bit, it was really ugly, and getting difficult to work with.)

I'll try to get it uploaded soon, but I've got some other stuff I need to work on, plus some family visiting later, so it might be a day or so. (Or more, who knows.)

[Updated on: Sun, 12 September 2010 13:25]

Re: Fable Hotkey Trainer [message #59419 is a reply to message #59368] Sat, 18 September 2010 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EternalNoob
A new version of the tool is available in my first post as of this posting. Very Happy

It allows you to rebind keys "PageUp\PageDown\Etc\" to whatever you want. I suggest "XButton1", and "XButton2" those are your extra mouse buttons if you have them. (ie, "Mouse4\Mouse5")

A known issue is that on the new key setup screen, it will sometimes list a different key than what you had selected, basically, I think it's an alias, like PageUp\PageDown, can be listed as Next\Prev, it doesn't seem to cause any problems, so just ignore it.

[Updated on: Sat, 18 September 2010 15:21]

Re: Fable Hotkey Trainer [message #59420 is a reply to message #59419] Sat, 18 September 2010 15:09 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
nicomon wrote on Sat, 11 September 2010 21:12

No, if FableExplorer shows up as a virus, it's because you have a stupid AV package.

This tool is like the Hesperus trainers in that it actually has something that is used by just about every trojan keylogger, so it's sort of okay that it shows up as a virus, though better AV packages can tell the difference... NOD32 is powerful, but MalwareBytes is smarter.
EternalNoob wrote on Sat, 18 September 2010 16:02

A new version of the tool is available in my first post as of this posting. Very Happy
Cool stuff. You might want to put that known issue in bold lettering, else a few dozen people will nag about it.
Previous Topic: Cutscene Extract/Import
Next Topic: Trainer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:56:32 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01081 seconds