Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Horns & Halo at the same time?
Horns & Halo at the same time? [message #60859] Mon, 20 December 2010 23:23 Go to next message
Platinum Paladin is currently offline  Platinum Paladin
Is it possible?
Re: Horns & Halo at the same time? [message #60860 is a reply to message #60859] Mon, 20 December 2010 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Yea. Either change the stat variable in the horns CAppearanceModifierDef from 6 to 7 or change the stat variables in the CHeroMorphDef effects section for the halo from 7 to 6.
Re: Horns & Halo at the same time? [message #60861 is a reply to message #60860] Mon, 20 December 2010 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool. Which one should I change for a good character, or does it not matter?
Re: Horns & Halo at the same time? [message #60867 is a reply to message #60861] Tue, 21 December 2010 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IDontKnow
Platinum Paladin wrote on Tue, 21 December 2010 07:54

Cool. Which one should I change for a good character, or does it not matter?

7, I think.

27/4/11 23:XX (11:XX Pm) She went to a better place. 28/4/11 10:XX She was burried; RIP

Leren van de taal van Nederland is leuk.
Ik heb nog veel te leren, hoewel.

Tengo la ambición de aprender a español.
Yet I have no idea how to start.
Re: Horns & Halo at the same time? [message #60868 is a reply to message #60867] Tue, 21 December 2010 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
6 is evil, 7 is good. Wiki page. So you change the horns' CAppearanceModifierDef. That def determines which meshes appear and when, based on stat and rank. So you change the stat variable from 6 to 7 and what you'll get is a set of horns when you're good.
Re: Horns & Halo at the same time? [message #60882 is a reply to message #60868] Tue, 21 December 2010 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice. Thanks.
Re: Horns & Halo at the same time? [message #61958 is a reply to message #60859] Mon, 28 March 2011 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Balthazzar is currently offline  Balthazzar
I was wondering if you understood how the morph models worked on a fundemantal level?

Is there a specific evil (25 for example) when your head just switches to the small horns, then another at 50 until 100 etc? Is it possible to add a larger scale so you evil continues until 200 (for example)? Off course you would have to create further horn models etc.

Or if this is not possible is it possible to swap the 100% evil with the 50% evil, and then edit the 100% model to make a new, more evil, hornish 75% and 100% evil morph?

Is there a way to keep your hair with the evil morph?

Essentially I am just wondering how flexible, if at all the morph system is.

Cheers,
Bal
Re: Horns & Halo at the same time? [message #61963 is a reply to message #61958] Mon, 28 March 2011 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Here it goes, the CHeroMorphDef controls texture, bone and effect morphing. The texture and bone morphing are gradual. The effect morphing is a lot like the CAppearanceDef morphing that I'll explain shortly.

CAppearanceModifierDef controls which models the Hero uses based on which clothing he's got on and, for horns, which model appears based on certain stats. It's not done gradually, it's done at specific increments. I don't know the exact values but here's an example to give you an idea. Between 0.0 and 0.3 evil, nothing. Between 0.3 and 0.5, small horns. Between 0.5 and 0.7, medium horns. Between 0.7 and 1.1 (a number that cannot be reached and so acts as a cap), large horns. This is also how it works for hair and balding.

[Updated on: Wed, 30 March 2011 02:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Horns & Halo at the same time? [message #61971 is a reply to message #61963] Mon, 28 March 2011 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

-To remove baldness: (Works with any hairstyle)
Open OBJECT_HERO_HAIR_PONYTAIL_01(Or the style you like),
Open CAppearanceModifierDef, by clicking the first Links to (GameBINEntryID),
Click plus sign beside CAppearanceModifierDef,
Click 67019D5C-Appearance Clothing Model,
Change Rank to Disappear in first box to 1.1,
Click 'Del' in the last 2 boxes,
Click Apply Changes.
Click Actions, Save Mods and Run Fable.

Re: Horns & Halo at the same time? [message #61990 is a reply to message #61963] Wed, 30 March 2011 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe wrote on Mon, 28 March 2011 11:13

Here it goes, the CHeroMorphDef controls texture, bone and effect morphing. The texture and bone morphing are gradual. The effect morphing is a lot like the CAppearanceDef morphing that I'll explain shortly.

CAppearanceDef controls which models the Hero uses based on which clothing he's got on and, for horns, which model appears based on certain stats. It's not done gradually, it's done at specific increments. I don't know the exact values but here's an example to give you an idea. Between 0.0 and 0.3 evil, nothing. Between 0.3 and 0.5, small horns. Between 0.5 and 0.7, medium horns. Between 0.7 and 1.1 (a number that cannot be reached and so acts as a cap), large horns. This is also how it works for hair and balding.

Okay thanks JohnDoe, so do you know if the CAppearanceDef models are editable for the set morphs? (I don't know how the fable file system works) Could you just take for example the file for the large horns, rename it to the file for the small horns and then overwrite the small horns so that you would have large horns between 0.3 and 0.5 (for example)?

Are the morph files in an editable format, or do you know of a blender plugin that enables them to be edited. Off course this is all assuming that the models are accessible.

And thank you for covering the bald issue!

Kind Regards,
Bal
Re: Horns & Halo at the same time? [message #61993 is a reply to message #61990] Wed, 30 March 2011 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Balthazzar wrote on Wed, 30 March 2011 03:03

Okay thanks JohnDoe, so do you know if the CAppearanceDef models are editable for the set morphs?
That's CAppearanceModifierDef, a mixup on my end, apologies. And of course they're editable, in all respects. I'm not sure if you mean trade them out with different ones, add/remove which meshes appear, or actually do some modeling edits to the mesh but all of these are possible.

Could you just take for example the file for the large horns, rename it to the file for the small horns and then overwrite the small horns so that you would have large horns between 0.3 and 0.5 (for example)?
Oh. Well I guess you could do something like that but you don't really need to because you can just change which mesh appears for which values. For example, rather than copying the large horns over the small horns, you could get rid of the small and medium horns in the CAppearanceModifierDef and have the horns appear at 0.0 to 1.1.

Are the morph files in an editable format, or do you know of a blender plugin that enables them to be edited. Off course this is all assuming that the models are accessible.
The models are accessible but you're making this more complicated than it has to be. What you want to do can be done in the definitions, in the horns' CAppearanceModifierDef. You don't have to touch the meshes at all.

[Updated on: Wed, 30 March 2011 02:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Horns & Halo at the same time? [message #61998 is a reply to message #61993] Wed, 30 March 2011 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh okay thanks, so if I wanted to I could edit the horn mesh so for example ;

0.1-0.3 - small horns
0.3-0.5 - medium horns
0.5-0.7- large horns
0.7-0.9 - even larger horns model that I make myself

Is this possible to create a custom morph mesh?

Thanks for all of your help
Re: Horns & Halo at the same time? [message #62007 is a reply to message #61998] Wed, 30 March 2011 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Balthazzar wrote on Wed, 30 March 2011 12:44

Ahh okay thanks, so if I wanted to I could edit the horn mesh so for example ;

0.1-0.3 - small horns
0.3-0.5 - medium horns
0.5-0.7- large horns
0.7-0.9 - even larger horns model that I make myself

Is this possible to create a custom morph mesh?

Thanks for all of your help

Yea that can be done. But you want the last one to go to 1.1, otherwise if the Hero goes above 0.9 it just disappears. The Hero cannot go past 1.1.

Take a look at the entries, it's very easy to understand, it's almost self-explanatory if you just look at them.
Re: Horns & Halo at the same time? [message #62019 is a reply to message #60859] Thu, 31 March 2011 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great Stuff, thanks for all the feed back!
Re: Horns & Halo at the same time? [message #62021 is a reply to message #62019] Thu, 31 March 2011 07:35 Go to previous message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but if you want to use a custom horn mesh, be sure to skin weigh it to whatever bone it is the hero uses for horns. Wink

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Previous Topic: Are these possible?
Next Topic: Particles?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:22:01 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01068 seconds