Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » About custom bodyguards?
About custom bodyguards? [message #61190] Thu, 20 January 2011 23:46 Go to next message
holloren is currently offline  holloren
Is it possible to actually, instead of spawning brand new Bodyguards (yes, me being sort of new at modding had trouble making them follow), is it possible to actually just make the original bodyguards into thinks like CREATURE_RIVAL_HERO_WHISPER_ARENA or CREATURE_RIVAL_HERO_THUNDER ?

I've followed instructions to the guide in the custom bodyguard instruction post, but my problem with that was that the bodyguard Thunder would not follow. I think it's because of its brain. I have an idea on how to add a brain, but..

I added SG_MINION_FOLLOW_PLAYER to her Behavior (in BRAIN_WHISPER), but I still had no luck having her successfully follow me. I have been able to actually hire her, but no luck in following me.

EDIT:
Err, I think my real question would be: How could I actually make it to where my "bodyguards" actually follow me? I wouldn't have a problem with respawning because it's not that hard putting them back into the map using AlbionExplorer. But getting back to my question: How could I make the bodyguards (like Whisper, Thunder, or even Theresa (maybe, if she even has a weapon)?

[Updated on: Thu, 20 January 2011 23:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: About custom bodyguards? [message #62079 is a reply to message #61190] Sat, 02 April 2011 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyscifi is currently offline  tyscifi
maybe you could add the brain of the bodyguard already places on a map like oakvale. i havent really tryed it.

"Smoke Meth, Hail Satan."
Re: About custom bodyguards? [message #62081 is a reply to message #61190] Sat, 02 April 2011 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

You could make them into bodyguards, but it'd probably destroy some of the gameplay. Better just to make a new creature from those characters and give them the CBodyGuardDef.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: About custom bodyguards? [message #62083 is a reply to message #62081] Sat, 02 April 2011 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

In the script where it says:

OverridingBrainName NULL;

change it to:

OverridingBrainName BRAIN_BODY_GUARD;

That makes Whisper follow, it should work with Thunder also.

Edit- it works with Thunder also, and he uses the Battle Charge spell on guards.

I attached a script for LookoutPoint.tng, just paste it under XXXSectionStart NULL;

[Updated on: Sat, 02 April 2011 07:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: About custom bodyguards? [message #62154 is a reply to message #61190] Sun, 03 April 2011 16:09 Go to previous message
holloren is currently offline  holloren
I'll have to try these. Awesome, thanks, guys!

Convenient, too, because I was looking for something to occupy my spare time.
Previous Topic: cant use mod packages
Next Topic: shot deffs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:27:10 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01212 seconds