Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Packages » More Spawns of Bandits  () 1 Vote
More Spawns of Bandits [message #66074] Mon, 12 March 2012 19:00 Go to next message
Exsolute is currently offline  Exsolute
This mod simply doubles the number of bandits that will spawn randomly as well as balverines in witchwood. I am still working on my own spawns to happen when you lvl up alot so as not to have them come in early. This is just a taste to see if you like it. I didn't change any markers in AE just the Generators in FE so back up your games.bin before you download this if you want to be able to set the spawn rate back.

Added the Wasp Queen to the final lvl of Wasp spawns in Greatwood as well as White Balverines to Balverine Spawns.

Max bandit spawn is 12 at max lvl for all the Basic/Twinblade/Assassin bandits. And 6 Balverines 2 white for max lvl of balverines. In Greatwood and Darkwood you can have up to 36 bandits on a map at max lvl. But Since I didn't edit difficulty lvls you might also get some balverines or wasps in those locations. But isn't it great how random it is.

I also made it so sometimes you get Pure Bandit leaders or Pure Bandit archers just to spice things up.

I am gonna do a fix on the spawn rate for hobbes and Trolls and add some minion and summoner spots to the Mix. But in time for now enjoy the bandit carnage >:D
Re: More Spawns of Bandits [message #66075 is a reply to message #66074] Mon, 12 March 2012 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OogaBoogaBooga
Love it! Great job Very Happy

Fable: TLC Remastered.... http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=9185& ; ; ;start=0&... October, 2012 :D

Re: More Spawns of Bandits [message #66081 is a reply to message #66075] Mon, 12 March 2012 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TY Very Happy
Re: More Spawns of Bandits [message #66086 is a reply to message #66081] Tue, 13 March 2012 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Very nice mod, I will use it and play the game again.

Re: More Spawns of Bandits [message #66087 is a reply to message #66086] Tue, 13 March 2012 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So glad to hear that tell me what you think about the amount. I actually feel forced into using will so I think it adds a degree of difficulty.

But should there be more or less Very Happy also I didn't tweak the exp curve so you might end up with a ton of exp. I get about 20k exp from a run into Witchwood with just bandits. So I am certain there should be a tweak to exp. If anyone is up to the task.

I just doubled the spawns but I can make it even more, and I finished the hobbe wisp troll minion spawn fix. As always back up your Games.bin and here it is.

If your lucky you get to face the Earth/Rock troll and 4 balverines.

Just did that on one set of rock troll spawns. The area in Witchwood by KHG is the only place it affected when I did a run through of locations. I didn't do multiple Trolls anywhere else. But I did give the Trolls minions so tell me what you think with that as well.

[Updated on: Tue, 13 March 2012 06:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: More Spawns of Bandits [message #66088 is a reply to message #66074] Tue, 13 March 2012 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And this is what I am working on now. Beta testing is good so far. I am making a ton of new random encounters. Hero also included:
Toggle Spoiler

I have half done in beta the rest is just getting the difficulty lvls set so they mingle with other spawns. I have about 20+ new random encounters. And like fable they get tougher as you do. They all depend on the stat lvl of your hero. So you won't see them all at first unless you start from scratch. It is a lot to take on so I'll keep you posted.I have work tonight so I have to do my next set of runs tomorrow.

It is gonna require you to load data into your albion wad folder as I am editing the mob markers. So save your folders or make tngs of chests and changes you have done. I couldn't make my own markers in AE cause the heros won't disappear properly unless in the markers coded for it.

Since there is gonna be so many more mobs there are gonna be some heroes to back you up. I added whisper/thunder to a spawn of bandits without having to edit them. And whisper fights along side you. Still fixing thunder though he crashes game if you hit him.

Warning Feelings
Toggle Spoiler

I figure I can add them to a few spawns or make my own special ones in AE where you will need a little help. Still testing the game. Gotta complete a run thought myself and see how it feels to know where to put Whisper and Thunder and Briar into the mix.

Whisper is gonna be in the low lvl spawns so after the arena if you lvled enough you won't see her again. In keeping to her leaving. I was gonna add maze and Twinblade but after you fight em should they really stick around. Or do you care Smile

(update)
I made it so if you decide to fight them. On there death they warp out.
(update)
Darkwood Weir may d/c you because of a setting on the map that spawns 1 out of the 5 balverines at the stump. I fixed it in my up coming ae update for random spawns.
(Update)
DONE. Took me a few days to test it. But so far I haven't crashed or anything so I label it safe. To make it work. You need the zip and the fmp. Open the zip for the folder. Then just replace the files in your Final albion wad. Make a copy of your finalalbion first. So you can go back to scratch if it is not to your liking.

[Updated on: Sat, 17 March 2012 09:39]

Re: More Spawns of Bandits [message #66212 is a reply to message #66088] Sun, 25 March 2012 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

I've played with the first version of this mod for about a week now. I like it a lot. The number of creatures that spawn is perfect for playing without magic in my opinion.

Re: More Spawns of Bandits [message #66231 is a reply to message #66212] Wed, 28 March 2012 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ty Very Happy I was hoping for feedback on it. I am glad you like it.
Re: More Spawns of Bandits [message #66489 is a reply to message #66088] Fri, 27 April 2012 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fair Strides is currently offline  Fair Strides
I'm new to this engine, so I cry your pardon. How do I add the extracted .zip file's contents to finalalbion.wad?

"To know is good, but to act is better."-Myself

"There is no honor in living if that life was won through cowardice."-Myself
Re: More Spawns of Bandits [message #66491 is a reply to message #66489] Fri, 27 April 2012 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Fair Strides wrote on Fri, 27 April 2012 20:57

I'm new to this engine,..

Welcome.

Fair Strides wrote on Fri, 27 April 2012 20:57

How do I add the extracted .zip file's contents to finalalbion.wad?

You need to download FE and apply the fmp, no zip involved, read this thread carefully:
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=7218& ;start=0&

It has, or links to, all that you need to start modding.

Re: More Spawns of Bandits [message #66492 is a reply to message #66491] Sat, 28 April 2012 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was referring to the zip file for FinalAlbion.wad, five or six posts up from this one...

I extracted it, used freeroam to to rip the original, backed it up, then copied the contents from the .zip. Now, how do I recompile it?

Re: More Spawns of Bandits [message #66493 is a reply to message #66492] Sat, 28 April 2012 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

You... You don't recompile it. You set uselevelwad in the userst.ini(located in your fable directory) to FALSE and it will all be applied. I think.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: More Spawns of Bandits [message #66494 is a reply to message #66493] Sat, 28 April 2012 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thank you, and sorry for any evil thoughts or irritation I happened to cause. Like I said, I'm new to this engine.

And I have to wait on this. The torrented files(don't have the discs anymore.)decided to stop installing the game, so I tried a different torrent, and the same thing happened for both torrents:My computer would force restart every time at the installation phase, where you switch from disc 4 to disc 1.Any ideas to fix this? I'm sorely tempted to format my drive and re-install Windows XP...

EDIT:It would force-restart right after disc 1 mounted, before you can even blink after it mounted.

[Updated on: Sat, 28 April 2012 15:10]

Re: More Spawns of Bandits [message #66495 is a reply to message #66494] Sat, 28 April 2012 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Simple problem. Torrented games are almost always buggy, especially in the installation of games with multiple discs. Solution: I don't know one, and if you had read the site rules, you would know that piracy is strictly forbidden. Furthermore, pirating Fable will cause it to be unable to be modded. Thank you and have a nice day.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: More Spawns of Bandits [message #66498 is a reply to message #66074] Sat, 28 April 2012 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TY for answering his question. I have been working on other projects so I haven't been checking the site. Sorry I couldn't answer your problem personally
Re: More Spawns of Bandits [message #66919 is a reply to message #66074] Sun, 01 July 2012 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tommy Botham is currently offline  Tommy Botham

Leech
What is the latest update to this please?
Re: More Spawns of Bandits [message #66921 is a reply to message #66919] Sun, 01 July 2012 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I don't understand the question. The mod has not been updated, just load the FMP. If you meant a specific situation mentioned in the thread, please specify said situation so we can help.

Re: More Spawns of Bandits [message #66923 is a reply to message #66074] Sun, 01 July 2012 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Leech
"Darkwood Weir may d/c you because of a setting on the map that spawns 1 out of the 5 balverines at the stump. I fixed it in my up coming ae update for random spawns."

For instance.

I don't want my game bugging out.
Re: More Spawns of Bandits [message #66926 is a reply to message #66074] Sun, 01 July 2012 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Leech
How do you install these?
Re: More Spawns of Bandits [message #66928 is a reply to message #66926] Mon, 02 July 2012 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

SERIOUSLY!? For Christ's sake man, that's modding 101 right there!!! Ugh... Go into fable explorer, click file, then load fable mod package, then find the fmp. Load it, then click actions, then save mods and run fable. Next time, use search, there are literally hundreds of variations of the exact same question. Also, don't double post.

Re: More Spawns of Bandits [message #66930 is a reply to message #66928] Tue, 03 July 2012 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Leech
Where/What is a search button?

[Updated on: Tue, 03 July 2012 08:28] by Moderator

Re: More Spawns of Bandits [message #66931 is a reply to message #66930] Tue, 03 July 2012 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

That's easy, it's right over there. It helps you find information about desired topics.

index.php?t=getfile&id=10743&private=0
  • Attachment: search.png
    (Size: 13.47KB, Downloaded 5380 times)

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: More Spawns of Bandits [message #66932 is a reply to message #66931] Wed, 04 July 2012 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Leech
morerunes wrote on Tue, 03 July 2012 08:32

That's easy, it's right over there. It helps you find information about desired topics.

index.php?t=getfile&id=10743&private=0

Don't touch my posts again.
Re: More Spawns of Bandits [message #66933 is a reply to message #66932] Wed, 04 July 2012 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Did you just try to boss around an ADMIN!? Ohhh boy.... I don't get what you mean, but the attitude exhibited in the statement is not good at all....

Re: More Spawns of Bandits [message #66934 is a reply to message #66932] Wed, 04 July 2012 16:27 Go to previous message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

If you can't learn to follow the rules and to treat members of this forum with respect, then you aren't welcome here.

If you've changed your mind a month from now feel free to come back and play nice.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Previous Topic: Start With a BANG!!!
Next Topic: Upgrable Bowerstone House: Interior and Landscape (Main Story Friendly)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:24:03 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01244 seconds