Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Fable Translation
Fable Translation [message #66246] Fri, 30 March 2012 05:04 Go to next message
karanokyoukai is currently offline  karanokyoukai
Hi, guys. So I was wondering is there any chance you can tell me how to translate fable the lost chapters on different language?
I want to translate the game. I will really appreciate if you could tell me!

®AWESOME!
Re: Fable Translation [message #66247 is a reply to message #66246] Fri, 30 March 2012 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Well, in order for things to be spoken in a different language, we'd have to know more about the .lut files. However you can change the text of the subtitles through the text.big. Just edit the entries in Fable Explorer.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Fable Translation [message #66248 is a reply to message #66246] Fri, 30 March 2012 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you, no I don't want to change the sound language, just the text general, like: The Books, quests, the signs, just the text as all, The Menu of the game, the dialogues and etc... So I need FableExplorer.

®AWESOME!
Re: Fable Translation [message #66249 is a reply to message #66247] Fri, 30 March 2012 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

To be clear, open Fable Explorer (or ChocolateBox, which may be better in this case), then open text.big by selecting it on the left side.

Then you can scroll through selecting each of the items in the list and edit them.

Or, you could write a program to translate the game automatically (would not be a simple task). If you know how to write code then this may be the simpler option.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Fable Translation [message #66250 is a reply to message #66249] Fri, 30 March 2012 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes wrote on Fri, 30 March 2012 06:43

To be clear, open Fable Explorer (or ChocolateBox, which may be better in this case), then open text.big by selecting it on the left side.

Then you can scroll through selecting each of the items in the list and edit them.

Or, you could write a program to translate the game automatically (would not be a simple task). If you know how to write code then this may be the simpler option.

Thank you, I'm currently installing fable: TLC, and I will try with Fable Explorer. Just one question, when I open the .big file and start to edit it, when I'm finished with some dialogues and etc, do I need just to save the file and then replace it with the older one?

®AWESOME!
Re: Fable Translation [message #66251 is a reply to message #66250] Fri, 30 March 2012 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

There's a menu option to 'Save Mods and Run Fable' which you will want to click. If you get a 'splash.exe' error, just click ok and keep waiting, the error is meaningless.

Re: Fable Translation [message #66252 is a reply to message #66246] Fri, 30 March 2012 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes it works, but when I translated "Hero status" I noticed that
it has spaces between the letters, and became way too long...
How can I fix this?
PS: Here's a picture of the problem!
  • Attachment: untitled.JPG
    (Size: 144.43KB, Downloaded 500 times)

®AWESOME!

[Updated on: Fri, 30 March 2012 08:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable Translation [message #66253 is a reply to message #66246] Fri, 30 March 2012 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

The symbols you're using aren't in the font that the game uses. I'm not sure if there's a way to change the font, either.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: Fable Translation [message #66254 is a reply to message #66246] Fri, 30 March 2012 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe add fonts in data\Defs\RetailHeaders - Fonts the H File...

ENG_TAHOMA_10 = 1,
ENG_TAHOMA_12 = 2,
ENG_ARIAL_24 = 3,
ENG_TIMES_NEW_ROMAN_16 = 4,
ENG_ARIAL_28 = 5,
ENG_ARIAL_16 = 6,
ENG_ARIAL_18 = 7,
ENG_ARIAL_12 = 8,
GlyphData = 9,

®AWESOME!
Re: Fable Translation [message #66257 is a reply to message #66254] Fri, 30 March 2012 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

If you can manage to mess with the bitmap font, then you could replace the English alphabet with your alphabet, then fake it using ASCII type.

Re: Fable Translation [message #66259 is a reply to message #66246] Fri, 30 March 2012 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any ideas how to start the procedure @morerunes. It sounds pretty difficult. :/

®AWESOME!
Re: Fable Translation [message #66260 is a reply to message #66259] Fri, 30 March 2012 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

First look around the font files to see if you can find images with the alphabet on them

Re: Fable Translation [message #66261 is a reply to message #66246] Fri, 30 March 2012 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where should I look for these font files ( control panel 'fonts'?)
Or some fonts of the game like \data\Defs\RetailHeaders ?

®AWESOME!
Re: Fable Translation [message #66264 is a reply to message #66261] Fri, 30 March 2012 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Look in the game files, and in textures.big with Fable Explorer or Chocolate Box (if you are using Fable Explorer, best to use the Shadownet build)

Re: Fable Translation [message #66267 is a reply to message #66264] Sat, 31 March 2012 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes wrote on Fri, 30 March 2012 21:20

Look in the game files, and in textures.big with Fable Explorer or Chocolate Box (if you are using Fable Explorer, best to use the Shadownet build)

I couldn't find anything. I searched in every single file and nothing, no traces of /fonts etc... in texture.big it was only texture models and stuff... hmmm... What can we do?

®AWESOME!
Re: Fable Translation [message #66268 is a reply to message #66267] Sat, 31 March 2012 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I remember trying to mess with the fonts at one point. They are in text.big, I know that. If I'm right there are two thingies in text.big with the little plus sign you click to see the entries within. Instead of the one you click to see all the various text entries, click the other one, that should have the fonts inside.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Fable Translation [message #66269 is a reply to message #66268] Sat, 31 March 2012 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint wrote on Sat, 31 March 2012 05:28

I remember trying to mess with the fonts at one point. They are in text.big, I know that. If I'm right there are two thingies in text.big with the little plus sign you click to see the entries within. Instead of the one you click to see all the various text entries, click the other one, that should have the fonts inside.

There is only one thing in text.big - TEXT_ENGLISH_MAIN...
in data\lang\English it has fonts.big something we can do with that file perhaps?

®AWESOME!
Re: Fable Translation [message #66270 is a reply to message #66269] Sat, 31 March 2012 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Fonts.big, that's it. Now I remember. Mess around with that and you'll be on the right track. Wink Just go to file, then open in FE, and open that up, and you ought to be able to export the fonts and edit them.

[Updated on: Sat, 31 March 2012 06:03]

Re: Fable Translation [message #66271 is a reply to message #66246] Sat, 31 March 2012 06:19 Go to previous message
Hmm, I think it's not working, when I try to export any of the files, I cannot save it as the type I want it's just blank,
0kb File and no type... and when I tried to open the file with notepad there's nothing in there. Just try for yourself to see what I mean. Wink

PS: Any ideas, please guys. Wink

®AWESOME!

[Updated on: Sat, 31 March 2012 09:53]

Previous Topic: help with spawning
Next Topic: Fable Explorer need Y-help!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:57:12 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01138 seconds