Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Weightless fish
Weightless fish [message #66892] Sun, 24 June 2012 14:22 Go to next message
primavista is currently offline  primavista
Righty-ho, so, as part of an upcoming mod, one thing I've edited is the weights that are required to win prizes in the fish catching competition, in the SCRIPT_DEF file. This is the only fish related file I've made adjustments to.

However, the problem arises when loading save files. Here's the scenario I'm having issues with:

1) The (new) weight for third prize is 500g.
2) I catch a fish that weighs 627.8g.

- Here's a split scenario now;

3a) I take the fish straight to Fisher's Creek, where the fisherman weighs my catch in at 627.8g.
4a) I receive the third place prize.

OR

3b) I decide to take the fish over later, so save my game.
4b) I either play some more, or just quit Fable.
5b) I later load the save from just after catching the fish - I take my fish to Fisher's creek, but I am then told that my biggest fish weighs 0.0g.

So, any time that a save file is loaded, all fish previously caught have their weight reduced to zero.

Phew... Very Happy

I was wondering if anyone has either had similar issues before while they were editing the same files, or knows if the changes I have made require something else to be changed, such as the CFishDefs.

Thanks for reading my lengthy drivel, guys. Razz

"A humorous anecdote that makes you crease every time you read it."

"Great quote that is both philosophical and quality banter." - Some legendary person
Re: Weightless fish [message #66893 is a reply to message #66892] Sun, 24 June 2012 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

primavista wrote on Sun, 24 June 2012 16:22

So, any time that a save file is loaded, all fish previously caught have their weight reduced to zero.

This is normal, it has happened to me even before I knew FTLC could be modded.

I changed the weight needed to win the competition too. Mine is set to 5000 to win first prize.

Re: Weightless fish [message #66894 is a reply to message #66893] Sun, 24 June 2012 16:18 Go to previous message
primavista is currently offline  primavista
Thanks for the quick reply! Very Happy

Now that I think back, I can vaguely remember this already happening years back. Excellent. Yeah, them standard 15-30-50 (or whatever) prize weights are a joke.

Challenges should be a challenge. Laughing

"A humorous anecdote that makes you crease every time you read it."

"Great quote that is both philosophical and quality banter." - Some legendary person
Previous Topic: Several questions
Next Topic: Creating a "summoned" brain for a creature?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 05:29:44 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00876 seconds